E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
guest131

My Ride: Ford Pinto
Your opinion

I'll try to keep it short...

You are talking to a girl and it's starting to get serious...she has hooked up with a couple guys (kissing no sex) you know about and she is still texting them and says that they are just friends nothing more now..she says there is no attraction anymore and that they are just friends. If you were to go ahead and get into a relationship with this girl would you still mind that she is still texting these guys/conversing with them but definitely NOT hanging out? Just wondering what you guys think...
guest131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
The problem is you will never know for sure...

If you can live with that, go for it.

If you can't, prepare for insecurity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
TravsM3

My Ride: 05' 545i, ZSP
Please don't man, I made the same mistake before and the fact of the matter is 99.9% of humans can't get past these sort of things. What you just described is THE ROOT of one thing.....TRUST. It's already bothering you....as it should. It's disrespectful, I don't care how you want to flip it. However, if you haven't had the talk about being monogamous and not seeing anyone else then you can't really say anything.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
what's the point of texting them if they never hang out; how is that even considered a friend? And since when is making out = hooking up?

if you like her, just go with it.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
Bimmer4Lyfe

My Ride: 02 325i
hang out for a while but be wary. commit to yourself that if after some time, if the situation seems more than she portrays it... then you will cut it loose.

during this period you might also do the same....text back and forth with some girl friends and see how she reacts.... if she gets possesive...then you know that what shes doing is more than it seems cuz she will naturally assume your upto no good if she is.

if not then thats your answer.

if all of this seems like too much trouble.....

walk..... theres alot of girls in the world.

oh and by the way: I've used that "kissing, no sex" line before......

-j

Last edited by Bimmer4Lyfe; 04-12-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Bimmer4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
hypebmw

My Ride: 02 330i
Send a message via AIM to hypebmw
2 in the pink, 1 in the stink
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
FadeToblack

My Ride: 2003 accord coupe
Send a message via Yahoo to FadeToblack
You obviously have a thing for this girl. And now you even have a bigger thing for this girl due to her "talking to other guys." She is "wanted" and people want things that other people want. You need to play the game and start talking to other girls, and let her see it. She will be all over you in no time.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
IFX

My Ride: AW //M
How can she become unattracted to them?
IFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
bottom line.....

she considers you a better "catch" than the other guys, but she's keeping her options open in case things don't work out. some call that insecurity, others call it planning ahead (I don't care to get into a debate on that)

Either way, there's no better way to handle this than to do the same yourself and find a subtle way to rub it in her face (with other girls ofcourse....unless you're into that kind of stuff NTTTAWWT)

If she flips out and walks away, then count yourself lucky since you just saved yourself some heartache down the line.....
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #10
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
bottom line.....

She considers you a better "catch" than the other guys, but she's keeping her options open in case things don't work out. Some call that insecurity, others call it planning ahead (i don't care to get into a debate on that)

either way, there's no better way to handle this than to do the same yourself and find a subtle way to rub it in her face (with other girls ofcourse....unless you're into that kind of stuff ntttawwt)

if she flips out and walks away, then count yourself lucky since you just saved yourself some heartache down the line.....
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #11
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Not cool. Think about it if you were the one doing it. Either she has a thing for them, or they have a thing for her still. No matter how you look at it it's not right.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
NJ///M

My Ride: TACO TRUCK/CBR600F4
no

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend; Those with loaded guns and those who dig."
NJ///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #13
calialx1

My Ride: FL 330i, 3000GT
don't do it is the consensus here. most likely if you are asking the question it already bothers you so yo will not get over it.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #14
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
just go there. if shlt doesnt work out, get out. simple. sure it will hurt a bit, but you are a man
Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM   #15
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravsM3 View Post
Please don't man, I made the same mistake before and the fact of the matter is 99.9% of humans can't get past these sort of things. What you just described is THE ROOT of one thing.....TRUST. It's already bothering you....as it should. It's disrespectful, I don't care how you want to flip it. However, if you haven't had the talk about being monogamous and not seeing anyone else then you can't really say anything.
+432

Call her on it and say you are uncomfortable with her staying in touch with her exes. If she refuses, it shows you how much you mean (or don't) to her. Think of it this way. You really like the girl and want to build a relationship and she asks you to not talk with your ex.... wouldn't you accommodate if you REALLY cared for her?
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:48 PM   #16
Clean_3

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostie View Post
bottom line.....

she considers you a better "catch" than the other guys, but she's keeping her options open in case things don't work out. some call that insecurity, others call it planning ahead (I don't care to get into a debate on that)

Either way, there's no better way to handle this than to do the same yourself and find a subtle way to rub it in her face (with other girls ofcourse....unless you're into that kind of stuff NTTTAWWT)

If she flips out and walks away, then count yourself lucky since you just saved yourself some heartache down the line.....
Solid Advice. Go With This.

Try snooping through her things and finding out where she stashed your ballz...
Clean_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 AM   #17
FlasHGordoN

My Ride: a car
kill it with fire
Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
+432

Call her on it and say you are uncomfortable with her staying in touch with her exes. If she refuses, it shows you how much you mean (or don't) to her. Think of it this way. You really like the girl and want to build a relationship and she asks you to not talk with your ex.... wouldn't you accommodate if you REALLY cared for her?
I almost want to say the opposite...I don't think you should even let her know it bothers you...don't make it an issue. Most girls will be tempted to use it as a weapon if they know it...I'd say just f' it, never bring it up, and if she's right for you it will work out, if she's a c0ck craving slvt then get in and out b4 everyone else.

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #19
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
run

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is online now   Reply With Quote