E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
shazam786

My Ride: 02 M3
TURNER MOTORSPORTS New Radiator Leaking!

This is a review of my purchase of E46M3COOLINGPACK Complete Cooling System Overhaul Package - 2001-2006 E46 M3 that I purchased from TURNER MOTORSPORTS 1 week ago.

My car is a 2002 e46 M3 with 104K miles. After reading through many good posts on M3 forums I decided to replace the cooling components on my car as a preventive maintenance option. My original parts had no issues.

After receiving the cooling overhaul kit I had a very reputable Indy BMW shop replace the components. The Indy shop has Certified BMW technicians.

After getting my car back I drove the car for 4 days, only to find out that the brand new radiator from TURNER MOTORSPORTS (OEM Modine) has a leak on the bottom left hand (where the metal meats the plastic).

I paid $650 to get the components (all components) replaced only to find out that the brand new radiator has a leak.

I have been purchasing items from TURNER MOTORSPORT for quite some time and for good reasons. I called TURNER MOTORSPORTS and spoke with Jason. He told me that they can send a replacement. I asked if I could be given some sort of credit towards the installation of the replacement radiator. He said this is not their problem and they don't cover labor.

My question is that their website states:

We have found that the E46 M3 can develop serious cooling issues ... By addressing these problem areas before a failure, you will save yourself a larger repair bill in the future.

Shop Confidently.

•18 years of BMW Tuning.
•Award winning service.
•1,000's of parts in stock.
•Quality BMW Parts only.
•Hassle-free returns.

Based on these facts I NOW have larger repair bill.
I am not confident anymore shopping from TURNER MOTORSPORTS.
They do not carry QUAILITY BMW parts only.

I understand TURNER MOTORSPORTS is the middle man here. But there is a reason people go to them and not 'Joe' down the street to purchase BMW parts. I think they should take the responsibility of not providing quality parts and stand behind what they sell. This is specially for internal engine components where we have to pay increase labor.

I will take my business to ECS Tuning and I recommend the same to other fellow e46 forum members.
***12079;

Last edited by shazam786; 11-21-2014 at 11:52 AM.
shazam786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
Teslazerok

My Ride: 2003 M3 6SPD
No company is going to pay for SOMEONE ELSE to reinstall a new part. That's just how it is. Companies need to make their policies from a perspective of staying in business. Just making a blanket statement that they will pay for any shop anywhere to redo any amount of labour whatsoever because a part was defective is not going to work out well for them. Replacing the part with pretty much no questions asked is standing behind their product. If you want reimbursement for labour/free work you're going to have to talk to the shop that did the work or start doing your own installs.
Teslazerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #3
jclip

My Ride: 06 m3, 01 325
So instead of getting a free replacement radiator from Turner, you opted to purchase one from ECS?
jclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
HakenTT
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 323i with S54
Quote:
The Indy shop has Certified BMW technicians.

After getting my car back I drove the car for 4 days, only to find out that the brand new radiator from TURNER MOTORSPORTS (OEM Modine) has a leak on the bottom left hand (where the metal meats the plastic).
Tech can be BMW certified and still lack experience. Tech most likely used too much force on the radiator warping it or causing damage during installation. Maybe he dropped it during installation. You don't know. I find it hard to believe new quality part is leaking by itself.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #5
I8UR911

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
Jason from Turner here. I'm the Sales Manager that dealt with Shazam. You can read his other thread on M3forum.com....http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=492559. Just to make life easy, I'm going to copy and paste the same reply I made in that thread.

First off, thank you to all the people that support us.....much appreciated.

My (our....4 other people here heard the conversation) side of the story. I was VERY pleasant on the phone and totally understand the position of the OP. I offered to send a new OEM radiator out today at NO CHARGE with a prepaid UPS return label for the defective radiator (in fact it was packed and ready to go prior to me even being involved as he spoke with one of our reps first). The OP was not satisfied with this and demanded a partial refund for labor. As many people have already stated, it is highly uncommon for parts suppliers to cover labor for any warranty. The OP told me that ECS Tuning had done so prior and he had the ability to prove it. When asked for the proof (because we want to be competitive with our competitors and if they did reimburse him maybe I would have to rethink my response) he told me he shouldn't need to. If this did in fact happen, that is certainly the exception to the rule (see their terms and conditions on their website and it clearly states that they DO NOT reimburse for labor lost).

It is always my first priority to take care of customers and I/we realize that many times, this costs us money (in this case the shipping of the new part as well as the return shipping). It's "the cost of doing business". In this particular case, I did what I thought was fair.

OP, I wish you the best of luck with the Mishimoto rad and hope that you don't have any issues.

Again, to all the people that replied in our support......THANK YOU!
I8UR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #6
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
Good luck with the Mishimoto, they have a terrible track record and I have no idea why you'd choose to go with that part.

The problem was likely the installer botching something or the package being damaged in shipping, you can't blame Turner for how things unfolded, if anything I'd be questioning the mechanic.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #7
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
This is why I try to install every part that goes on my car, within reason. It is VERY important to me that they are installed correctly... A tech may not feel that level of importance.

I have had shops with fantastic followers and 5 star reviews screw stuff up before. You never know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
You don't outgrow stupid.
Big Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:37 PM   #8
Teslazerok

My Ride: 2003 M3 6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
Good luck with the Mishimoto, they have a terrible track record and I have no idea why you'd choose to go with that part.

The problem was likely the installer botching something or the package being damaged in shipping, you can't blame Turner for how things unfolded, if anything I'd be questioning the mechanic.
Have you seen their new radiator made this year? Or are you basing this on the original one? (which was terrible)
Teslazerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #9
shazam786

My Ride: 02 M3
I replaced the leaking radiator with BMW OE one today.

Here is the picture of the new leaking radiator before the replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leaking_Radiator_Pics.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	582587  
shazam786 is offline   Reply With Quote