E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Turner BMWs roll into VIR - The Scene of Past Glories

Past Virginia winners return to the rolling 3.27 mile circuit this weekend for another round of the Rolex Grand-Am series and the Continental Sports Car Challenge. The Continental GS-class drivers have strung together three top five finishes in the last two races, including podium finishes at Homestead and Barber for Michael Marsal and Joey Hand in the #97 H&R Springs/Turner Motorsport BMW E92 M3, and the team is hoping for more success for round #4.

Even though it's not their home track, Virginia International Raceway has been kind of a CandyLand for the Turner team. It was at VIR that the team clinched the GS Championship in 2006 and the ST Championships in 2006 and 2007. Bill Auberlen, who drives the #96 NorthWest/StopTech Brakes BMW E92 M3, won the 2007 GS race in another Turner M3. And his 2010 co-driver Paul Dalla Lana finished second in the ST class in 2009 in a Turner 328i.

The Turner Motorsport team also hopes to continue their streak of top ten finishes in the Rolex GT class. Drivers Paul Dalla Lana, Bill Auberlen, and Joey Hand have finished in the top ten at the Daytona 24 Hours, Homestead Speedway, and Barber Motorsports Park. They have improved the car in each round and are now in the hunt for their maiden GT race win. They are fourth in the overall GT standings.

This weekend's racing activity is in full swing on Friday and Saturday. Practice and Qualifying take up Friday's schedule. The Bosch Engineering 250 for the Rolex Sports Car Series starts at noon on Saturday and is broadcast live on The Speed Channel. Sirius NASCAR radio also broadcasts the race live on channel 128. The Continental Sports Car Challenge race follows immediately after at 3:30pm but is tape-delayed on Speed until May 1 at 1:00pm ET. Live timing and scoring is available on grand-am.com for both events.

Text Your Vote and Make TMS and BMW #1
Grand Am Racing wants to determine which team is the "Fan Favorite" at VIR. Make Turner Motorsport the most popular team in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge by texting "GS96" to "20123". Supporters are encouraged to vote as many times as they want, and there's no extra charges (only standard text messaging rates apply).

About Turner Motorsport
Turner Motorsport is the leading BMW tuner in North America, bringing technology and expertise from the racetrack to the street. Turner Motorsport is not about clever marketing tricks or gimmicks. Racetrack results speak themselves. The Turner Motorsport team has won five professional racing championships in two different series since 2003. This storied success is passed into every component that Turner Motorsport designs and sells through their website catalog. Our race team, R&D engineers and Sales team work together, allowing practical knowledge and state-of-the-art engineering to flow in both directions. Few companies in North America can claim such a close relationship to what they sell and what they race.

2010 GRAND AM RACING SCHEDULE
April 24-25 | Virginia International Raceway, Alton VA
May 28-29 | Lime Rock Park, Lakeville CT
June 4-5 | Watkins Glen International, NY
June 18-19 | Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, OH

The SPEED Channel will provide LIVE TV broadcast for all Rolex GT races, and tape delay coverage for Continental Tire Challenge races throughout the year. Stay tuned to TMSRacing.com or SPEEDTV.com for broadcast dates and times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turner-BMWs-Racing_1.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	357319   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turner-BMWs-Racing_2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	357320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turner-BMWs-Racing_3.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	357321   Click image for larger version

Name:	Turner-BMWs-Racing_4.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	357322  

tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Is that a LTW wing on an E92?! That is so cool!
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
damn i was going to make a thread to support the guys but tim beat me to it. here is some further information

Quote:
TV Race Reminder: VIR, Tomorrow at 1PM ET

Don't miss tomorrow's televised Grand Am Sports Car Challenge race from Virginia International Speedway, starting at 1:00pm eastern. As always, Turner Motorsport represents the BMW marque proudly, running both of our new V8 model BMW M3 coupes in the Grand Sport class.

Text Your Vote and Make TMS and BMW #1
Grand Am Racing wants to determine which team is the "Fan Favorite" at VIR. Make Turner Motorsport the most popular team in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge by texting "GS96" to "20123". Supporters are encouraged to vote as many times as they want, and there's no extra charges (only standard text messaging rates apply).

guys, especially if you have unlimited texting please text them as many times and you can and enter to win a set continental tires.