E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #41
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I suggest a douche contest between you and nawmean ?
I think by definition well require french representation...no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
22 year olds, by definition, are not successful. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Lets hear your definition of the "successful qualifications".

Tread lightly and read CAREFULLY what I said, don't want this to come back and embarrass your literary skills. Remember, were talking RELATIVE distance between a young age group, not 50 with 4 yachts and a jet.
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #42
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,171
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I think by definition well require french representation...no?
No

I understood that perfectly fine.... read up sunshine
__________________
JJR4884 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #43
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Okay, so you are doing well, that is great... Congrats man. Smart moves have made you above average on your success.

However, you are coming off like you are completely superior to your girlfriend in every aspect and she is below you. That is a problem IMO. She should be your equal.
100% not my intent. Rapier seem'd to read what I was getting at, I'm somewhat surprised more weren't on track, but then again, it IS e46fanatics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapier7 View Post
This is primarily the reason why people tend to date within their own socioeconomic strata. The only reason why you were with her, initially, is because she is physically attractive which is 90% of the initial dateability equation for men. Now when your earning potential skyrockets in comparison to hers (full time job + night classes = no joke), two things are going to happen. She will resent you for your success or you will resent her for her lack of success. It's going to happen. Doctors marry doctors and lawyers marry lawyers for a reason. And apparently she has already begun to start resenting you for your success.

So there are two things you can do. Accept that your relationship will always be a relationship of unequals or ditch her. She's not going to ditch you because she has a good thing going, supposedly. Communication is key. Talk to her about this issue more, not every day or anything like that, but whenever you guys talk about your longer term prospects. Resentment builds up when there's a lack of communication and a lack of communication breeds resentment.

Gentlemen.
This is what a real response looks like. 100% question answered.


I'll let you get back to BMW OT BBQ AWESOME

I'll go ahead n put this up for ya...

/thread

there we go.
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #44
paintshop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CONNECTICUT
Posts: 1,141
My Ride: e46
you have a Type A personality, your ambisous, hard working ect.... the lazy wont let you live peacefully and will be jelous of your fruits!
paintshop is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #45
E25ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: herp derp
Posts: 277
My Ride: E46 325ci
get a new girl
__________________
E25ci is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #46
T-MC-G
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 368
My Ride: Range Rover Evoque
Tell her that you spent all morning long asking people what to do on a website dedicated to that golden trophey of a car you have parked out back. Tell her that you told everyone that she has loser friends and b^tches at you all the time. Tell her that you told us the only reason you are looking for advice on how to deal with her annoying attitude was because she is hot. Tell her that you are successful and she isn't. Tell her that you are mad because she doesn't spend her days clutched to your arm looking up to you as the roll model of what she shoud be and doesn't tell you often enough that you are awesome and to keep it up. Tell her that is pisses you off that she doesn't care how many gallons that water ballasts are on your future ski boat.

Tell her all that and I'm sure that you won't have to decided if you should still be with her, she'll start calling the shots real quick.
__________________

Tell me what you don't like about yourself...
T-MC-G is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #47
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Lets hear your definition of the "successful qualifications".

Tread lightly and read CAREFULLY what I said, don't want this to come back and embarrass your literary skills. Remember, were talking RELATIVE distance between a young age group, not 50 with 4 yachts and a jet.
If your measurement of success is limited to the difference in 19 to 22 yr olds, then yes, you are successful. That is because a 22 yr old has generally graduated college already and has their first real job. Juxtapose to a 19 yr old who is either in college full time and has a small part time job or who didn't go the college route and has their post HS job started.....

It isn't hard to be successful when making this comparison.

If this is more of a lifelong question of you being more success oriented than her peers, then you have something to actually discuss.

In either case, you two kids don't have much life experience under your belt and neither are actually successful, so get over yourself.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #48
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MC-G View Post
Tell her that you spent all morning long asking people what to do on a website dedicated to that golden trophey of a car you have parked out back. Tell her that you told everyone that she has loser friends and b^tches at you all the time. Tell her that you told us the only reason you are looking for advice on how to deal with her annoying attitude was because she is hot. Tell her that you are successful and she isn't. Tell her that you are mad because she doesn't spend her days clutched to your arm looking up to you as the roll model of what she shoud be and doesn't tell you often enough that you are awesome and to keep it up. Tell her that is pisses you off that she doesn't care how many gallons that water ballasts are on your future ski boat.

Tell her all that and I'm sure that you won't have to decided if you should still be with her, she'll start calling the shots real quick.
I was going to go with just beating her?

Well, that and then throwing her out of my 5 year old car that you claim as what was it..a trophy?

I don't need her to tell her I'm awesome, I have a T-shirt that says it and affirms me daily as I pray to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
If your measurement of success is limited to the difference in 19 to 22 yr olds, then yes, you are successful. That is because a 22 yr old has generally graduated college already and has their first real job. Juxtapose to a 19 yr old who is either in college full time and has a small part time job or who didn't go the college route and has their post HS job started.....It isn't hard to be successful when making this comparison.
So your earlier "this doesn't count as success" is directly contradicted by the above.....wait....wait a tick...and aside from that I'll broaden the comparison to a non-married guy up to age 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
If this is more of a lifelong question of you being more success oriented than her peers, then you have something to actually discuss.

In either case, you two kids don't have much life experience under your belt and neither are actually successful, so get over yourself.
HEY THERE WE GO! Some progress is being made gents! 3 pages into it and yall back off of you " OT OT OT ATTACK I sell crack" responses and somewhat read what I'm getting at.
Good show!

Discuss.

Products of our environment. Hence the attitudes on this forum DIRECTLY correspond with the age demographic.

But no, I'm just a dick..right?

Last edited by yousharenow; 05-06-2010 at 10:07 AM.
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #49
Evidence
Registered User
 
Evidence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Downey, Ca
Posts: 607
My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I <3 how people get butthurt when the truth comes out.

Face it, your not unique, your not special, your not a snowflake. Your another average person in this world like me and everyone else.

Our generations were brought up getting trophies for 5th place and being told that nobody is better than you.

That is 100% bullsh!t. You don't have what it takes to be an astronaut, everyone wants to be told that its okay, life will come to you and you can be anything you set your mind to.

You grow up, realize everyone has issues, and you really aren't as smart and bright as your parents once told you. Feelings of inferiority are your own fault, buck up, do something about it, and be proactive. Stop making excuses for yourself and saying "well thats just mean". But its okay, its the interwebz, people will throw up short comments and anything else that makes them feel rectified behind the saftey of their own keyboard.

I'm a veteran from bimmerforums, the age demographic alone over here makes questions like this hard to ask over here, you'll excuse me for giving ya the benefit of the doubt.
I'm going to stay this first: The day you fall off your high horse it's going to be a real humbling experience. I hope you don't burn that many relationships,because when the money stops.....you'll be very alone. Money isn't the end all to everything and doesn't define you or make you better then anyone. Just by reading your post that the way you come off, and i'm almost possible you don't make that much to begin with. but anyways....


I was in your spot before, i spent 4 years with my GF and it finally ended. She was probably alot like your girl, didn't come from much, had family members in jail, wasnt an over achiever, but she was good looking and a good girl.

we would fight about sh1t your talking about all the time, and i always threw stuff in her face and how i was better then her.I might have not said it directly, but saying stuff like that " I asked her the other night if she had ever considered the probability that for the rest of her life" is practically the something.

Your a selfish as$, your confusing being cocky for confidence

You wanna know why she isn't supportive of you? you supposedly have it all, what do you need support for.....

you have 2choices....you either get rid of her and move on, or your change your attitude. Just by your 2 post im almost sure you always belittle her, put her down and make her feel inferior. she most likely resents you for it which cause alot of your fights.
Evidence is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #50
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,171
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post

you have 2choices....you either get rid of her and move on, or your change your attitude. Just by your 2 post im almost sure you always belittle her, put her down and make her feel inferior. she most likely resents you for it which cause alot of your fights.
can't tell you how many times i have heard this... not about me, but in general

there are always 2 sides to a story... actually, 3... yours, hers, and the truth


OP, BOTTOM LINE...... if you are coming on here with relationship problems, you have communication problems with your girlfriend... this isn't just a typical "rant," you are straight up confused with your relationship

any relationship with communication problems WILL NOT WORK

rather than coming on here saying "am i right or am i right?"

how about you:

Try to understand what your girlfriend means with some of the things she says.
When she flips out and says things to you, ASK WHY SHE FEELS THAT WAY rather than the typical defensive attitude and fight that breaks out
If everything is going well for you, good for you, be humble about it... when i am with friends who are less fortunate, i'm not gonna sit here and tell them about a raise i just got when they are struggling for a job.... if your life is THAT good... maybe you could put it on the back burner here and there and try to make HER life better

you do sound a little self centered, but i'm not going to get into that after only reading 3 of your posts


I remember back in high school it was cool to be like "pfft she's a girl, i don't give a flying fvck what she has to say" and the go about your ways

you are 22 now? 23? guess what... a REAL MAN can fix a relationship, not act ignorant to the other person's feeling and then try to justify it online


talk with her
stay calm
TRY to understand what she means

if you love her, thats the LEAST you could do, rather than coming on here and giving us all a one sided story to boost your relationship ego
__________________
JJR4884 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #51
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
I love the in depth character analysis offered up by the resident psychiatrist on this board.

FÜck stepping on peoples toes, why can't people answer honest hard questions in life without calling the asker a prick? Just because you don't like the questions being asked doesn't make me a bad person, I'm sorry if it stirs up feelings deep inside your tummy but at the end of the day you have to be results oriented, you either have the gumption to answer the question and hold yourself accountable, or you don't. Why does everyone make excuses for themselves instead of answering the straight out question?

Ah thats right, because were too politically correct all of a sudden?
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #52
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
can't tell you how many times i have heard this... not about me, but in general

there are always 2 sides to a story... actually, 3... yours, hers, and the truth


OP, BOTTOM LINE...... if you are coming on here with relationship problems, you have communication problems with your girlfriend... this isn't just a typical "rant," you are straight up confused with your relationship

any relationship with communication problems WILL NOT WORK

rather than coming on here saying "am i right or am i right?"

how about you:

Try to understand what your girlfriend means with some of the things she says.
When she flips out and says things to you, ASK WHY SHE FEELS THAT WAY rather than the typical defensive attitude and fight that breaks out
If everything is going well for you, good for you, be humble about it... when i am with friends who are less fortunate, i'm not gonna sit here and tell them about a raise i just got when they are struggling for a job.... if your life is THAT good... maybe you could put it on the back burner here and there and try to make HER life better

you do sound a little self centered, but i'm not going to get into that after only reading 3 of your posts


I remember back in high school it was cool to be like "pfft she's a girl, i don't give a flying fvck what she has to say" and the go about your ways

you are 22 now? 23? guess what... a REAL MAN can fix a relationship, not act ignorant to the other person's feeling and then try to justify it online


talk with her
stay calm
TRY to understand what she means

if you love her, thats the LEAST you could do, rather than coming on here and giving us all a one sided story to boost your relationship ego
I do like this post.
Advice heeded.
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #53
TNTBOOM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: new jersey
Posts: 327
My Ride: NJ transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post


Swing N' a Miss.




Poor ol chap. loving the misdirection, try again plz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I <3 how people get butthurt when the truth comes out.

Face it, your not unique, your not special, your not a snowflake. Your another average person in this world like me and everyone else.

Our generations were brought up getting trophies for 5th place and being told that nobody is better than you.

That is 100% bullsh!t. You don't have what it takes to be an astronaut, everyone wants to be told that its okay, life will come to you and you can be anything you set your mind to.

You grow up, realize everyone has issues, and you really aren't as smart and bright as your parents once told you. Feelings of inferiority are your own fault, buck up, do something about it, and be proactive. Stop making excuses for yourself and saying "well thats just mean". But its okay, its the interwebz, people will throw up short comments and anything else that makes them feel rectified behind the saftey of their own keyboard.

I'm a veteran from bimmerforums, the age demographic alone over here makes questions like this hard to ask over here, you'll excuse me for giving ya the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
Oh jesus christ EVERYONE STOP.

This isnt a pissing match about you vs. me. I'm asking do any of yall live with someone more successful than you and how does it make you feel?

But no, of course not, your all on A BMW FORUM, your all awesome and have no idea what its like your too busy fulfilling your goodwill hunting fantasy of screwing the med students and solving math by night.


Jesus christ
I'm surprised that such fine gentleman as your self has so much trouble separating YOU'RE from YOUR

That's about the only problem I see here...

TNTBOOM is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #54
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I love the in depth character analysis offered up by the resident psychiatrist on this board.

FÜck stepping on peoples toes, why can't people answer honest hard questions in life without calling the asker a prick? Just because you don't like the questions being asked doesn't make me a bad person, I'm sorry if it stirs up feelings deep inside your tummy but at the end of the day you have to be results oriented, you either have the gumption to answer the question and hold yourself accountable, or you don't. Why does everyone make excuses for themselves instead of answering the straight out question?

Ah thats right, because were too politically correct all of a sudden?
what the fvck are you talking about? you're trying to get a honest question out of folks on off topic? you said "/thread" so quit posting more sh!t on here. yes we are all jealous of you success and your hard working spirit that's why we can't answer your question and call you a prick. at 23 you are very stupid thinking you accomplished alot.
mistrzmiasta is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #55
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTBOOM View Post
I'm surprised that such fine gentleman as your self has so much trouble separating YOU'RE from YOUR

That's about the only problem I see here...




Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
what the fvck are you talking about? you're trying to get a honest question out of folks on off topic? you said "/thread" so quit posting more sh!t on here. yes we are all jealous of you success and your hard working spirit that's why we can't answer your question and call you a prick. at 23 you are very stupid thinking you accomplished alot.
<3 anger "stop it im on teh interwebs posting in ur stuff".

Keep the heat coming, I can feel the rage from such a fine keyboard warrior
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #56
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,171
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I do like this post.
Advice heeded.
i'll tell you one thing, i'm only 26 and i have seen it first hand plenty of times

regardless of how success you are, handsome, what you own, how many vacations you go on, how many times you take a girl shopping, etc etc etc... if you can't make someone happy without saying a word or lifting a finger, you are screwed

don't get me wrong.. if you are dating a twat, you need to ditch the fvck out of her, but if its someone you love and someone you know deserves well, you need to put some heart into it

when you love someone, you split your life in half for them....

Brian McKnight - Cherish

Go listen to it


I have no idea what you are like, I have no idea how genuine you are, or how much emotion you actually express, so i can't say "do x y and z and you'll be fine"

Its something that needs to come naturally.... you know how hard it is to sit there and listen to a gf and not start a fight if you disagree with her lol
__________________
JJR4884 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #57
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
i'll tell you one thing, i'm only 26 and i have seen it first hand plenty of times

regardless of how success you are, handsome, what you own, how many vacations you go on, how many times you take a girl shopping, etc etc etc... if you can't make someone happy without saying a word or lifting a finger, you are screwed

don't get me wrong.. if you are dating a twat, you need to ditch the fvck out of her, but if its someone you love and someone you know deserves well, you need to put some heart into it

when you love someone, you split your life in half for them....

Brian McKnight - Cherish

Go listen to it


I have no idea what you are like, I have no idea how genuine you are, or how much emotion you actually express, so i can't say "do x y and z and you'll be fine"

Its something that needs to come naturally.... you know how hard it is to sit there and listen to a gf and not start a fight if you disagree with her lol
Not sure I understand what you mean in bold...are you saying your presence alone should be enough for you two to "enjoy each others company"?
Naw I feel ya man, I've been craking the Phil Collins kinda heavily Lately.
yousharenow is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #58
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
i'll tell you one thing, i'm only 26 and i have seen it first hand plenty of times

regardless of how success you are, handsome, what you own, how many vacations you go on, how many times you take a girl shopping, etc etc etc... if you can't make someone happy without saying a word or lifting a finger, you are screwed

don't get me wrong.. if you are dating a twat, you need to ditch the fvck out of her, but if its someone you love and someone you know deserves well, you need to put some heart into it

when you love someone, you split your life in half for them....

Brian McKnight - Cherish

Go listen to it


I have no idea what you are like, I have no idea how genuine you are, or how much emotion you actually express, so i can't say "do x y and z and you'll be fine"

Its something that needs to come naturally.... you know how hard it is to sit there and listen to a gf and not start a fight if you disagree with her lol
i thought all you were good for is reccommending wine and cooking awesome food...
mistrzmiasta is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #59
RHLP3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 206
My Ride: An office chair
I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post

/thread
__________________
Quote:
If we leave by midnight...
RHLP3 is offline  
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM   #60
wrighterjw10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Palmyra (Hershey), PA
Posts: 459
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Sounds like make she just doesn't wanna be with a superficial guy?

Being humble can go a long way sometimes.


BTW, the class of 2010 gives awful advice. "Just leave her"? Obviously the best course of action.
__________________
wrighterjw10 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use