E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
Grease_Monkey

My Ride: 2000 323ci
Emergency- Reaching out to ALL you E46Fanatics!

Look fellas, I am really reaching out to this entire E46 community here. You always see people tell you that if you would've just asked, then they would've helped you. That is getting put to the test.

I need four Tires,tire/wheel combo, don't care as long as they work with some tread. This setup must fit 1999 328i.

I have a Style 42 wheel set with burnt out tires currently that I would trade for another working set..

Here's the story. I am located in northern CA, east of the greater Sacramento area. In auburn CA to be exact. I am helping an friend of mine by just giving her my spare car to use for as long as she needs it. This is a woman woman who is in a really bad situation right now. She just left her abusive relationship. Her ex is taking her only form of transportation away from her as leverage, and she has a 3 year old little girl that she must care for. She is also an active duty military and is going to be deployed in a couple months. She really has nowhere to live and has been staying with me and the few family members she has, while juggling her time with her baby girl. Im doing everything I can, but its not enough. she needs to be able to get back and forth to her base and transport her little girl to and from pre-school/ daycare.

Now- I have a 328i that I am giving to her, so that she can make this happen. All that I need is a set of tires and a battery, and this car will get her from A-B. By giving her the car, he can take his car and shove it. SHE DOESNT NEED TO GO BACK TO THAT PHUCKING GUY- Believe me hes a real Piece of work..

I am flat broke at the moment because I am out off work right now since my line of work is contracting. If I could I would just buy a cheap but new $200 set of tires and new battery and be done with it. But i have no time. she loses the car tomorrow, the 15th.

SO- If anyone has any leads, any ideas, or anything to offer, PLEASE, please, contact me via this thread or pm.

Theres nothing worse than to see a woman intentionally hurt by another man. She has nothing and I have nothing more to give. Thank you for your time,
-Greaese Monkey.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
BeaverBill

My Ride: 01 320d Touring(pre)
Try a tyre shop for a used set? Might take some looking but I've found some decent deals by asking around. Might need to mix and match as they seem to come in twos...but you might find a 4 deal....then you have to factor in mounting and balancing
BeaverBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
jdstrickland

My Ride: '94 325iC & '00 323i
This is all so confusing. Why do you need wheels?

Go to a Used Tire store and buy four tires for the wheels you already have. I'm currently in the market for a set of 195/65x15s for an '00 323, and there are tires for this car available for less than $50 each, so for two hundred bucks you can give your friend a car with brand new tires.

Your mileage will vary, but I'm not sure I understand what the issue is. All you need is tires, and you can find them at the tire store. There are stores that deal in used tires if you are really pinching pennies.
jdstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
BeaverBill

At close to 50% wear you should be able to get 10000-15000 km's which would be pretty close to a years worth of driving (....at least over here)., unless you get a break down. It'll get you out of a bind.for a period of time.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
jdstrickland

My Ride: '94 325iC & '00 323i
Unless the tires are pure crap, all you really need is jumper cables to get the car running, and you can figure out what to do about the tire situation in a couple of days.
jdstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #6
Grease_Monkey

@JD- I need Anything that will get the car moving. Whether its a set of tires, or a set of wheels with tires, mismatched or matching, it doesnt matter... Like i said, If I had the money to go to a tire shop, I would just go do it. I dont have any money right now, and neither does she. So, Im reaching out here.. Im willing to trade, hell I will even work for the exchange if that was an option. She has a little girl and I cannot expect her to be jumping the car everywhere she goes... just sayin.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #7
Grease_Monkey

Lastly, Some confusion may be this: I can take just tires, because I own a tire machine and can mount/balance them myself..
Hence me asking for only tires, unless they had to come with wheels..
Old 12-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
BeaverBill

Pawn something off?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:07 PM   #9
DavidNathan

My Ride: 2002 330ci 5MT
If you were in Los Angeles, I might have been able to help out

2002 330ci 5mt - 94k miles

"If you aren't driving a stick shift BMW, you're just steering"

If anyone in SoCal wants to join my friends and I on weekend drives, PM me!
DavidNathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
Grease_Monkey

I am not looking to pawn my personal belongings. I am giving her a car though. She is not my girl, but I am doing everything I can to help her.. If its gonna have to come down to that, and we have no other options, then I will have to go down that road. I was just hoping to maybe find some better results by putting the situation out there.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #11
GaryFS

My Ride: 2004 330ci Conv
It sounds pretty reasonable. Just looking for some better tires than are on the car he is letting someone else drive - four half worn out tires aren't worth that much. But it's plausible that someone on here has them taking up space in their garage. That same person may not want the hassle of trying to sell them on Craigslist. Give them away and everyone wins. Anyway if it's a scam, which I don't think it is, it isn't much of one. Tis the season.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #12
GaryFS

Also there are plenty of people on the site (clearly I'm not one of them) who give up hours of their time to help people out. And those hours have a way bigger value than four half worn out tires. So clearly there are lots of very generous people around here.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #13
Grease_Monkey

I promise, it's not a scam. I have some history here with the community. I've even offered to work for them if that was an option. I'm in between a rock and a hard place fellas. I'm just trying to help a girl out. She's goin to be deployed soon, risking it all for us.. The least I could do is try to help. NOW- with that being said, I'm sure there would be plenty of you who would like to drive over to her abusive ex's house and- talk, with him. God knows he needs a "talking" to..
Old 12-14-2014, 10:11 PM   #14
Grease_Monkey

I'm considering it myself. She's been through hell and doesn't deserve what she's had to deal with- nobody does. Sorry- tangent over. Bump for more hits- got a few pm's but nothing solid yet. I'm prolly gonna be up all night trying to figure something out..
Old 12-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #15
GaryFS

Oh I get it. I don't think it is. All makes sense.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #16
GaryFS

Hope it works out.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #17
Grease_Monkey

All I can do is hope I get lucky. Hes taking her car away tomorrow. So, hopefully I can figure it out by the end of the day..
Old 12-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #18
pummer

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
I would check out craigslist for some used tires that's just my 2cts
pummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #19
Grease_Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pummer View Post
I would check out craigslist for some used tires that's just my 2cts
Been there all day.. Nothing. Again, Im broke with no funds. I got hands and willing to work, but an empty pocket is why im here asking for your help. I will trade the wheels I have now, work, whatever I can to make this happen.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:26 PM   #20
pummer

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Been there all day.. Nothing. Again, Im broke with no funds. I got hands and willing to work, but an empty pocket is why im here asking for your help. I will trade the wheels I have now, work, whatever I can to make this happen.

Sorry to hear man, I wish I could help but I'm on the other side of the country.
pummer is offline   Reply With Quote