General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
|Yesterday, 07:49 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2016
My Ride: Camry
Help buying 2002 e46 325ci
Hi guys i'm looking to buy my first bmw in australia. So i found this car, 2002 bmw 325ci which has 175000kms done. The thing is that it is $13500 aud which is 10k usd but i can find the same car for 9k aud which is 7k usd. But the car has so many mods which is listed below.
MK4 Sat Nav Retrofit
- Red light/Speed camera alerts
- TV Retrofit
- Reverse Camera
- Connects2 Parrot Bluetooth Integration (steering wheel controls & voice control)
- Intravee iPod Integration
- Kenwood Speakers
- Kenwood Subwoofer with bass controller
- Custom Fibreglass moulded subwoofer box
- Alpine Amps for speakers and subwoofer
- META alarm system with tilt sensor
- Inside Performance CSL Carbon Fibre diffuser from Germany
- Inside Performance Quad Exhaust from Germany
- Gloss black kidney grilles
- M Tri-Colour grille stickers
- Custom Tri-stitch perforated M Sport steering wheel
- Brand new M sport gear knob
- Auto dimming rearview mirror retrofit
- E92 Style 230 19" Black powder coated wheels, new tyres (8,000km)
- 330Ci brake upgrade, overhauled callipers finished in BMW Blue.
- Zimmerman cross-drilled rotors
- Bendix Euro+ pads (very low brake dust)
- HEL Braided brake lines
- OEM Bi-Xenon headlight retrofit
- OSRAM Xenarc 5500k 66240CBI HID bulbs
- LED Park bulbs
- Umnitza Orion V4 Angel Eyes with fade on/off & dim
- Eagle Eye Smoked LED Rear Tailights
- DEPO Smoked LED Front Indicators
- Smoked LED side markers
- LED Reverse lights
- LED Number plate lights
- Full interior LED lighting
- Replaced A/B/C Pillar covers
- Replaced Shadowline Gloss Black exterior trims
- Misted Washer Jet retrofit
- Genuine Evo flat blade wipers
- Clutch delay valve delete
- Adjustable clutch stop
- Black Chrome Gauge Rings
- Recently Tinted Windows by Solace (Legal tint with Lifetime warranty)
- Euro Plate Upgrade
Also recently had Coolant overflow bottle, ABS Pump, Coil pack and window regulators replaced. All common e46 problems. Have over $17k of invoices, which excludes the cost of exhaust and sound system.
So do you guys think its worth paying the extra money for this car and he said that his dad is a mechanic and he got serviced very regularly. Thank you.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|Today, 04:00 AM||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Baumholder, GE
My Ride: 05 M3 05 325it
Welcome to the Forum!
The question you should ask is, are all those mods ones you would have done to another BMW? If so, then it would be well worth the prices as to add the mods, it would be much more.
As for me, I am a stock kind of guy, and wouldn't buy a car that has been modded like that.
|Today, 05:37 AM||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Boca Raton, FL or Salisbury, NC
My Ride: DD is a 2001 325i
He certainly spent an enormous amount of of money on mods. But there's not a lot of info on the mechanicals other than brakes and exhaust. What about the cooling system (the overflow bottle or expansion tank is jus one part of a whole system) , steering, CCV system , suspension bushings, and maintenance. Read the E46 Wiki posted at Bimmerfest.Com. Get the receipts and see what's been done. Then get a PPI done at a BMW specialist.
|Today, 06:00 AM||#4|
Join Date: May 2008
My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Entire suspension is probably shot and that will run you min $1k in parts alone.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|