E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 213 votes, 4.72 average.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #4081
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Exactly what I mean. Look at my sig

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 PM   #4082
Sanchjer

My Ride: 323i e46 SOLD!
You'll notice that the driver side looks a little bluish, when you turn them on they fade, turn blue then turn white like the pass side(looks really cool when they go through their process). It just hasn't turned yet. If you spend the money and buy the good HIDs and not the cheap crap ones and adjust them the right way you'll be fine, I never have anyone flash there lights at me at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0200.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	412797   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0201.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	412798  
Sanchjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #4083
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46tknv View Post
She doesn't look azn at all, Eugene...and honestly, she's blocking a very nice looking car too!

(Oh, no offense intended at all...can you people of Asian-decent please forgive me? I don't have a bigotted bone in my body, but I just have terrible interpersonal skills! )

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com

Last edited by dmax; 08-13-2011 at 08:44 PM.
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #4084
bwallace530

My Ride: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchjer View Post
You'll notice that the driver side looks a little bluish, when you turn them on they fade, turn blue then turn white like the pass side(looks really cool when they go through their process). It just hasn't turned yet. If you spend the money and buy the good HIDs and not the cheap crap ones and adjust them the right way you'll be fine, I never have anyone flash there lights at me at night.
That looks fine

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer App
bwallace530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:44 PM   #4085
bwallace530

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46tknv View Post
Sorry I can't see any sigs when I'm on my.phone

Old 08-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #4086
Sanchjer

^ like I said if you spend the money and know what you're doing you'll be fine.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #4087
bwallace530

Might give it a shot so much cheaper.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #4088
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
She doesn't look azn at all, Eugene...and honestly, she's blocking a very nice looking car too!

(Oh, no offense intended at all...can you people of Asian-decent please forgive me? I don't have a bigotted bone in my body, but I just have terrible interpersonal skills! )
she can block my car that time

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #4089
Hornung418

My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Quote:
^ like I said if you spend the money and know what you're doing you'll be fine.
If you spend the money and know what you are doing, you would have bought proper projectors and not cheaped out.

I've said it before, HIDs in a reflector housing is illegal in every facking state! I don't care if you've never been pulled over before, you are blinding every single person that is in front of you, and on coming traffic. I'd like to see what you have to say when someone crashes head-on into you because they've been temporarily blinded.

If I have to squint to even look at a picture of your car, that should be a sign that it's obnoxiously bright.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #4090
Sanchjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
If you spend the money and know what you are doing, you would have bought proper projectors and not cheaped out.

I've said it before, HIDs in a reflector housing is illegal in every facking state! I don't care if you've never been pulled over before, you are blinding every single person that is in front of you, and on coming traffic. I'd like to see what you have to say when someone crashes head-on into you because they've been temporarily blinded.

If I have to squint to even look at a picture of your car, that should be a sign that it's obnoxiously bright.
I know the laws of the road. I'm a state inspector right now while in school.

But hey do you want me to PM you my home address? That way you can send me money to pay for repairs, maintenance, mods etc. done to my car. Once you start, you can give me suggestions on what I should and should not buy/do to my car. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #4091
bwallace530

I have seen many cars with hids in not projector head light housing and there are a few that blinded the crap out of me. But most of them were done right where they did not blind the on coming traffic or person in front of them.

I would love to be able to spend 600 on a set of proper lights but I just cant and would really like to see in person the light out put and see if it can be done right. And if it turns out bad and is just a huge disaster then I will take them off and put my old lights back on.

Just one more question how do you get past the ecu throwing a code for head light out?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #4092
Hornung418

Quote:
I know the laws of the road. I'm a state inspector right now while in school.

But hey do you want me to PM you my home address? That way you can send me money to pay for repairs, maintenance, mods etc. done to my car. Once you start, you can give me suggestions on what I should and should not buy/do to my car. Thanks.
Your car is your car...but don't go around endorsing an uninformed fanatic about how cool it is to put HIDs in your Reflector Housings.

It's unsafe. Period. And as a State Inspector for Texas, I'm surprised your older, law-abiding co-workers haven't called you out for being a douche to fellow motorists.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #4093
Sanchjer

^ I bought warning cancelers. The wire harness goes from ballast to BMW headlight connection, warning canceler then to the HID bulb. It also allows the indicator to show you if the HID goes out (disconnected the bulb once and the dash showed I had a bulb out).
Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #4094
bwallace530

Thanks and I dont want to get flamed I just want too see if this can be done some what right with out spending a ton of money.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #4095
Sanchjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
Your car is your car...but don't go around endorsing an uninformed fanatic about how cool it is to put HIDs in your Reflector Housings.

It's unsafe. Period. And as a State Inspector for Texas, I'm surprised your older, law-abiding co-workers haven't called you out for being a douche to fellow motorists.
You're misreading. I not once told a fellow fanatic it is cool to put HIDs in a reflector housing. He's been asking me questions and all I have been doing is answering them.

As for you're other comment I'm not even going to respond, I'm done with this debate of how HIDs are a "douche thing, having heads in our a**, cheap etc..."
Old 08-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #4096
Hornung418

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwallace530 View Post
Thanks and I dont want to get flamed I just want too see if this can be done some what right with out spending a ton of money.
Save your money and do it right the first time. If you want a good set up, check ebay and here in the classifieds for 2002+ Coupe and sedan Xenons. I've seen them go for as low as $350 for the pair. To fit Coupe lights on a Sedan, you just need to swap the inside bezel and the headlight lense + gasket. All that's left is to code your LCM to accept the Xenons. There is no excuse to put HIDs in a reflector bowl.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:03 PM   #4097
giorgos29

My Ride: 2000 BMW 740i
Expansion tank and bushings.
giorgos29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #4098
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
Quote:
Yeah, and since you adjusted them that way, the light spread is horrendous. Get some projectors dude. Stop breaking the law.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #4099
tony2x

My Ride: 08 E61 535xiT
Spent much of the day swearing at, sorry replacing the parking brake. I haven't had to change drum brakes in twenty years and this escapade reminded me why I hate it so much.
tony2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #4100
spngr311

My Ride: 2001 M5
Put some Rogue Engineering transmission mounts that have been sitting on my work bench for six months. I also welded in some cats to my exhaust system.