E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 179 votes, 4.69 average.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #12981
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
I can't decide if I can actually feel any improvement or if it's all psychological. I feel like my idle might be improved. I did not have a CEL for them, but old ones were very burnt and discolored after 130,000 miles.

I honestly felt more improvement after I cleaned my MAF. Even saw my OBC say 18.4 MPG instead of 18.3
It will take a couple of hundred miles before you start to feel an improvement. The computer needs time to re-adapt.

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #12982
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
For the first 1.5 years of ownership of my 330i, I used the OE aux input through the glovebox. I would have my phone either sitting in the cupholder or the compartment below the HVAC panel.

The DICE Bluetooth Mediabridge in essence makes it possible for me to get in my car and drive somewhere without ever taking my phone out of my pocket. I have full bluetooth connectivity from the phone to the stereo for calls, music and even Siri. Once I start my car, the phone automatically connects and I can control everything through the steering wheel. It will display (via a scrolling line on the radio display) and announce who's calling or the title of the song/artist of whatever's playing. Works flawlessly so far. It was really easy to install as well.

I can ask for the weather, a stock quote, send an email, send a text, call someone, play any song/artist/album playlist on the phone all through the steering wheel controls and my voice. It's great. Not to mention I also kept my OE aux input in the glovebox. This means I now have bluetooth connectivity, 2 conventional aux input jacks and a USB connection in the glovebox as well.
Nice. I need to get one of those. does it only work for iphone? (need to get that damn iphone 5)

and as far as O2 sensors go.. i didn't feel a difference. i shouldn't have thrown them away.. someone else could have used them.

I do have some parts I could give away though.. I need to do some kind of fun contest.

Gloss black facelift sedan grills, HID kits galore (DDM), Khoalty HID bulbs (brand new) etc..

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #12983
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Nice. I need to get one of those. does it only work for iphone? (need to get that damn iphone 5)

and as far as O2 sensors go.. i didn't feel a difference. i shouldn't have thrown them away.. someone else could have used them.

I do have some parts I could give away though.. I need to do some kind of fun contest.

Gloss black facelift sedan grills, HID kits galore (DDM), Khoalty HID bulbs (brand new) etc..
If I am not mistaken, it will work with other phones besides iPhones. Definitely a good investment. Probably the best thing I've purchased for my car yet.

Yeah, mine had definitely seen some use. I have no qualms about throwing them away.

Too bad that grille isn't chrome. I really want to replace my black one with a chrome one, but my original one is missing too many tabs.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #12984
filipinoise

My Ride: '02 325ci
Quote:
If I am not mistaken, it will work with other phones besides iPhones. Definitely a good investment. Probably the best thing I've purchased for my car yet.
Ah, now I'm starting to strongly consider a bluetooth integration kit for my E46 since I've already got my USA-Spec PA12-BMW for my audio and iPhone charging needs and I love it. I may be purchasing the Parrot CK3000 sometime soon, though, seems to give me all of the features I want for the right price.. And, not to mention, delmarco's DIY should make the install very easy to do. If I didn't have this USA-Spec PA12-BMW already, I'd probably be considering the DICE Mediabridge. I really want to use Siri at times but having to remove my hands from the wheel/shifter can be a bit inconvenient. And of course, bluetooth would just help me overall with answering calls, reading e-mails, etc.

I take pictures in the San Francisco Bay Area.
www.eluisphoto.com
filipinoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #12985
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

I want one too. Did you have to run it from the trunk cd changer connector? i already ran a dice module from there and the module sits beneath the radio. wonder if i can use the existing wire i ran? i am NOT running anymore wire down the center of teh car. PITA!!

BTW, I'm 10 posts away from 10,000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what to do what to do!

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #12986
filipinoise

Quote:
I want one too. Did you have to run it from the trunk cd changer connector? i already ran a dice module from there and the module sits beneath the radio. wonder if i can use the existing wire i ran? i am NOT running anymore wire down the center of teh car. PITA!!

For my USA-Spec, what I did was run the data cable from the trunk through the rear driver's side firewall, under the backseats onto the other side, all the way up and into the glovebox where the unit sits. I then wired the iPhone cable through the inside of the dash, took the sunglass holder out, drilled a small hole into it, and that's now where the iPhone cable of my USA-Spec sits. So when I need to use it, I just open the sunglass holder, pull the cable out, connect it to my iPhone, and set the iPhone onto my Bimmian Mobile Dash Mount. When not in use, I just secure it inside of the sunglass holder, out of sight when looking into the car from the outside.

www.eluisphoto.com
Old 10-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #12987
filipinoise

Oh, and I forgot to post this a while back: Last week, Drew from Swift Motorworks came down and installed my ST Coilovers, Meyle HD RSM's w/ Z3 reinforcement plates, OEM FSM's, OEM front strut reinforcement plates, Meyle HD RTAB's, Meyle HD FCA's w/ Meyle HD FCAB's, and OEM steering coupling. He got the job done very well and in a timely fashion. I highly recommend his services. Alignment will be done this weekend!

www.eluisphoto.com
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #12988
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinoise View Post
Oh, and I forgot to post this a while back: Last week, Drew from Swift Motorworks came down and installed my ST Coilovers, Meyle HD RSM's w/ Z3 reinforcement plates, OEM FSM's, OEM front strut reinforcement plates, Meyle HD RTAB's, Meyle HD FCA's w/ Meyle HD FCAB's, and OEM steering coupling. He got the job done very well and in a timely fashion. I highly recommend his services. Alignment will be done this weekend!
no DIY?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #12989
filipinoise

Quote:
no DIY?
I know, I know.. This was literally the first time I've had someone else work on the car that wasn't tires/alignment/balancing/etc. I'm pretty big on DIY (to name a few off the top of my head: VANOS seals, VCG, plugs & pre-cat o2 sensors, overhauled cooling system [E46Mango brownie points lol], voltage regulator, etc.) but unfortunately school and work have been taking up ALL of my time. I'm a chem major at USF taking 16 units (ochem, physics, calc ii, and rhet) and wouldn't have been able to tackle the DIY until December/January.

www.eluisphoto.com

Last edited by filipinoise; 10-16-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #12990
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Finally picked up my spare wheel. Thing is new

Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #12991
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
I know, I know.. This was literally the first time I've had someone else work on the car that wasn't tires/alignment/balancing/etc. I'm pretty big on DIY (to name a few off the top of my head: VANOS seals, VCG, plugs & pre-cat o2 sensors, overhauled cooling system [E46Mango brownie points lol], voltage regulator, etc.) but unfortunately school and work have been taking up ALL of my time. I'm a chem major at USF taking 16 units (ochem, physics, calc ii, and rhet) and wouldn't have been able to tackle the DIY until December/January.
Tsk tsk. Yes you got 50 MP for doing the cooling system, but you got 49 taken away for paying someone else to do the work. Usually I'd take away 50 but you get to keep one since you had an excuse.

1 MP is good for nothing, really. Well, ok, fine... you can get one free joke about DMAX All it's good for

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 10-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #12992
98bimmer

My Ride: E90 330i, E36 328i
Quote:
pics?
Old 10-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #12993
kaldE46

My Ride: 2001 325i
Refreshed lower steering wheel trim. Kinda messed it up because I was too eager to put it back in the car before it cured, made a little blemish on it.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #12994
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:

I did run the cable from the CD changer connector in the trunk, however I followed the BSW procedure on YouTube, which is to run the cable in the carpet under the seats, under the lower kick panels and up to the glove box. For the mic, I ran it up the A-Pillar and at the top of the windshield to the location of the BMW Assist mic which I left up there.

The install was surprising easy.

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Last edited by tock172; 10-16-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #12995
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldE46 View Post
Refreshed lower steering wheel trim. Kinda messed it up because I was too eager to put it back in the car before it cured, made a little blemish on it.

What'd you use to do this?

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #12996
kaldE46

Quote:
What'd you use to do this?
Sanded with 400 grit sandpaper, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of the cheapest matte black paint I could find at home depot(4 bucks)
Old 10-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #12997
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldE46 View Post
Sanded with 400 grit sandpaper, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of the cheapest matte black paint I could find at home depot(4 bucks)
Wow I'm impressed. Looks good. By the way, are those Sperry topsiders you're wearing in the photo?

2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

Old 10-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #12998
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
Quote:
Wow I'm impressed. Looks good. By the way, are those Sperry topsiders you're wearing in the photo?

Those look like sperrys...haha what about it?

Last edited by ZHPinthe103; 10-16-2012 at 09:22 PM.
ZHPinthe103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #12999
kaldE46

Quote:
Thank you! I think I might redo it though because that blemish will bother me.

Haha yeah. Those are my worn out falling apart Sperry's I wear when I'm working on my car. I've got my better condition ones I wear every day too. I love them. Great shoes.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #13000
luc

My Ride: '04 325i
I use that sh#@ on everything

Just painted my homies miata with it a couple weeks ago hah

#franks

Sent from my ADR6350 using Bimmer App
3 pedals, ZSP, ZPP | bimmerbrakes headers | shark injector | AFE filter / swiss cheese | 17" TRMotorsports C2 | H&R suspension | CF sunroof delete | custom short shifter | clear lights | CDV delete | DIY aux audio in | lots of random $5 mods
gamertag: babyDriver29

Last edited by luc; 10-16-2012 at 10:11 PM.
luc is offline   Reply With Quote