E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 174 votes, 4.68 average.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #13001
jrrwired

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CI
This weekend I hard wired my HID lights in, and hard wired my halos to turn on when I punch the fog lights on.
jrrwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #13002
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrwired View Post
This weekend I hard wired my HID lights in, and hard wired my halos to turn on when I punch the fog lights on.
That sounds sketchy and dangerous...

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 AM   #13003
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHPinthe103 View Post
Those look like sperrys...haha what about it?
They're a great shoe choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldE46 View Post
Thank you! I think I might redo it though because that blemish will bother me.

Haha yeah. Those are my worn out falling apart Sperry's I wear when I'm working on my car. I've got my better condition ones I wear every day too. I love them. Great shoes.
Sperry's are my absolute favorite shoe! I wear them daily and I have probably walked tens of thousands of miles in them. I have a beach pair and an every day pair and several retired pairs. All are pretty worn out, but I love them and they just fit perfectly. We just got another week of summer weather (90s today) I literally haven't worn socks for months! I have a terrible 'topsider tan' on my feet. It looks like I was spray painted!

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #13004
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Into halogen lights?
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #13005
jayriv72

My Ride: 2002 325i Sedan
Changed oil & filter, air filter, and pre-cat oxygen sensors. Plan to change fuel sensor and pump tomorrow.
jayriv72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #13006
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
Leaving it in the garage tonight, taking the train to Chicago for the weekend...

Hoping she doesn't act up when I get back like she did the last time I didn't drive her for 4 days...

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus

Last edited by Imola.ZHP; 10-17-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #13007
jrrwired

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
That sounds sketchy and dangerous...
If one considers a switch, a soldering iron, basic wiring or HID lights dangerous, then yeah I suppose it would sound dangerous. Dangerous!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #13008
jrrwired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Into halogen lights?
I soldered the HID wiring from the input end of the HID ballasts, cut the old clip in wiring from the halogens off entirely. Seemed unnecessary to keep them at all.

The angel eyes were a separate component, just some basic led version I wired to turn on with the same switch that uses the fog lights. I'd like to upgrade them to Khoalty angel eyes in the next year or so.

I am so pleased with the look of HIDs. Super bright, and classy.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #13009
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Quote:
I soldered the HID wiring from the input end of the HID ballasts, cut the old clip in wiring from the halogens off entirely. Seemed unnecessary to keep them at all.

The angel eyes were a separate component, just some basic led version I wired to turn on with the same switch that uses the fog lights. I'd like to upgrade them to Khoalty angel eyes in the next year or so.

You put HIDs into your halogen housing? Doesnt give much ouput. Our bowls arent designed to spread the light like other cars do

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #13010
jrrwired

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46tknv View Post
You put HIDs into your halogen housing? Doesnt give much ouput. Our bowls arent designed to spread the light like other cars do
No, I had installed a set of the HID headlight assemblies a while back. But the yellow light of the halogens kept bothering me. So I only recently bought and got around to installing the HIDs.

Last edited by jrrwired; 10-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #13011
love hoes

My Ride: e46 318i
Quote:

Yeah i did my hids and angel eyes a couple weeks ago idk what your talking about with the hardwiring and all that jazz, when we did mine we just simply cut a 25 mm hole on the bulb holder(to run the wires through) wasnt a fun job might i add, especially without a drill press and a vice, but the hids give it a more modern look and its 10000 times better whilst driving on country roads where kangarois etc are around (australian) its funny how many people hate hids though, they mustnt know that we can adjust our headlights while driving bmw ftw

either way good job (y)
love hoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #13012
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by love hoes View Post
Yeah i did my hids and angel eyes a couple weeks ago idk what your talking about with the hardwiring and all that jazz, when we did mine we just simply cut a 25 mm hole on the bulb holder(to run the wires through) wasnt a fun job might i add, especially without a drill press and a vice, but the hids give it a more modern look and its 10000 times better whilst driving on country roads where kangarois etc are around (australian) its funny how many people hate hids though, they mustnt know that we can adjust our headlights while driving bmw ftw

either way good job (y)
They hate HIDs because people who don't know what they are doing put the highbeam bulb in the lowbeam socket and it blinds everybody. There is some ****ing asshole that works in my building that I pass every day. His POS ghetto grand vic has the brightest ****ing headlights ever. I pass him with my highbeams on now. I think I might have to get a 2 million candle power handheld spot light to blind him with while I drive by.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
WDE46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #13013
love hoes

I tend to have my hids facing down while i drive, because they piss people off as you said, but there are some areas where having hids are a godsend, inwhich case i tilt my headlight bulbs up,
but on your argument reguarding high beam in lowbeam sockets, allot of cars now are coming out with projector headlight now that **** is blinding
Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #13014
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
I tend to have my hids facing down while i drive, because they piss people off as you said, but there are some areas where having hids are a godsend, inwhich case i tilt my headlight bulbs up,
but on your argument reguarding high beam in lowbeam sockets, allot of cars now are coming out with projector headlight now that **** is blinding
Read...Learn...Do.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...t for Lighting

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #13015
Big Rick

My Ride: 325Xi
New pre-cat O2 sensors this past weekend... Now enjoying another 2 MPG and better throttle response thankyouverymuch!
Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #13016
love hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPR77 View Post
Dont really see the relavance of that to me are you saying i should put projectors in my car so i can piss people off? I legit cannot stand them atleast with my car i can tilt then and give cars infrom room havnt had anyone complsin so coulnt be too bad
Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #13017
kaldE46

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Dont really see the relavance of that to me are you saying i should put projectors in my car so i can piss people off? I legit cannot stand them atleast with my car i can tilt then and give cars infrom room havnt had anyone complsin so coulnt be too bad
Projectors would make sure people DON'T get pissed off. They can still be aimed, and they look better than just a big blur of light you get from putting HID's in reflector bowls.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #13018
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rick View Post
New pre-cat O2 sensors this past weekend... Now enjoying another 2 MPG and better throttle response thankyouverymuch!
Just did these myself. Don't notice a difference in throttle and my mileage hasn't gone up (yet). How many miles did you have on your originals and did you have a code?

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #13019
Trevor330Ci

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to Trevor330Ci Send a message via Skype™ to Trevor330Ci
Gave her a bath

01' 330Ci Vert
-Angel Eyes
-Eagle Eyes
-HID Fogs
-K&N Intake
-Refreshed Cooling System
-Smoked Wheels
-LED Interior
-(2) 10" Pioneer Subs
-JBL Audio751Watts Amp
-Kenwood 6.75" Front Mid Bass
-Kenwood 5.25" Rear Mid Bass
-Infinity 1'' Rear Tweeters
-Smoked Side Markers
-Clear Corners
-Magnaflow Exhaust
Trevor330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #13020
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Projectors don't blind if they are adjusted properly. Mine cut off right below everyone's mirrors.
WDE46 is online now   Reply With Quote