E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.12 average.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #17581
hizhinezz
Outlier

My Ride: 01 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold9485 View Post
Definitely better than just a big hole.I need to buy more mesh and do the center grille to finish off the look. I'll put up a picture in my build thread later

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Bimmer App
Should replace inside of kidneys with same mesh...
Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #17582
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood516 View Post
Installed new K&N intake #57-1001 . Gave her a fresh coat of Meguiars wax...
Oh no, you... went... for... the MPower flag on the fender... on non M...

No!!!!!!!!!!

LoL, you know I've got love and just kidding you bro.

Plus this is why Red Sox fans rule Yanks fans regardless of pitiful 2013 lineup.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #17583
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Went driving on "The Snake" today with my friend and his 335i.
prn1/887116_10152719055410074_1617281250_o.jpg[/IMG]
I hit the Grapevine at about 4:30 am the other day driving down to fetch my new seats and then proceeded through early morning traffic over to Riverside.. then later I bombed down from Pasadena to South Central at around 8pm to meet a friend..

Gotta say, would love to have more time to investigate SoCal roads and I like how people drive down there, fast and aggressive.

Felt like Boston without the weather.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #17584
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
tried to fix my stuck coilover. everything works fine, but i cant turn the strut into/out of the knuckle to adjust the ride height.

i've soaked it with wd40, tried locking the collars for the pretension together, and turning it that way. still nothing. any suggestions? i might just the whole strut out and go at it that way.
Your ride looks fn sick.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #17585
hizhinezz
Outlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
I love Orient Blue but I hate Orient Blue. Gorgeous color but it's my first dark colored car so I'm not used to something that shows dirt so easily. I actually used Meguiars Gold Class paste wax on it and for something that isn't relatively expensive it has worked well.
I've owned 4-5 cars this color *(loosely dark blue metallic) and the tradeoff is that of all colors I've found that while it looks dirty quickly, the luster and color last for a long long time overall... so, take heart that while short term it looks dusty, long term it will still look trusty.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #17586
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Looks smoov.
Thank you sir

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #17587
lszlszx

My Ride: 328i, XC70
Checked front suspension, there is still some shaking at the right front on sharp right turns. Already replaced control arms and bushings, I think strut mounts are next.
lszlszx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #17588
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizhinezz View Post
Should replace inside of kidneys with same mesh...
I was thinking about it but it may be too much. I'm considering going back to OE grilles just to bring the whole color scheme together

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #17589
hizhinezz
Outlier

Perhaps I should add use of multiquote tool to list...

Mucho done since last update, mostly related to interior swap out (ditched brown/wood fro black/grey/cf, etc), but also awaiting time/work from Cyberkaa after he finishes track day/prep this week to polish off VANOS and valve cover gasket refreshes... update some other mechanical gremlins...

I've recently:

-Replaced front tie rods and lower swing arms (special thanks to mkodama for install)

-Got an alignment (was so in need afterwife initially rammed wheel in driveway, and then the repairs, finally drives straight again, crucial when you frequently drive using knees and eating, texting, smoking a bowl.. hahah, I'm just kidding of course. :eeps)

-Installed CAN market M3 gauges (KMs add true Euro feel! Plus now it goes to 300! special cred to drift.mechanic for selling part and shipping so quickly)

-Installed EU market black/grey door cards, oem look, but more rare and trick!

-Installed some other CF bits such as shifter trim cover...

-Procured CF M3 style mirrors and eliminated LEDs, painted area over with black stripes...

-Ordered black CF Dice cube trim, can't decide if I'll paint it at all to customize...

-Procured replacement oem fogs and clear corners, going to downplay the yellow for a while...

-Picked up Alcantara sport seats, also have dibs on some M3 Vaders, will compare and choose then sell spares for profit, wheee.

Hoooo I can't wait until the interior swap is completed, between time spent doing work and waiting to find and buy desired parts has dragged on, thank god I'm not an OCD perfectionist or incomplete interior would kill me.

Determined to complete some exterior mods (add oem aero kit at long last) before Bimmerfest, we'll see, at least new job is work from home, giving back 2 hours daily from commute...

Saving pics of interior until complete, for now it just looks... well... incomplete.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #17590
Mango
Grand Superpatriot Sport+

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46runsPCB View Post
Painted both of my halogen bowls..looks so much meaner. I only drive using my fogs at night so I just went for it..

Attachment 498043

Attachment 498044
Wow. Are you serious? I don't even know where to start here. What you did was really really really really wrong on several levels. I almost want to contact the authorities in your state. you can kill someone

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #17591
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Went out to Cedar Hill to visit some good people. Elliott's_BMW and his son helped me with my cooling system refresh and also did some programming to my car. Great day.
Blueandwhite85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #17592
dancmos

My Ride: BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshwa1234 View Post
About to order these!
I was just looking at those. Pics please!
dancmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #17593
JZambrano7

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Painted both of my halogen bowls..looks so much meaner. I only drive using my fogs at night so I just went for it..

Attachment 498043

Attachment 498044
You should atleast retrofit projectors in there!

-JZ7-
JZambrano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #17594
THECLEANERBEAMER
MR.CLEAN ;)

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Wow. Are you serious? I don't even know where to start here. What you did was really really really really wrong on several levels. I almost want to contact the authorities in your state. you can kill someone
+100
It's probably the stupidest thing you could do.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #17595
E46runsPCB

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Quote:
I was waiting for this to blow up..haha. I have a retrofit ready to install minus the bulbs, I was planning on painting the high beam bowl after the retrofit along with the shroud for the same look. Plus it's plastidip so I can just pull it off if I change my mind. I have 6k fogs along with the led AA's to make me plenty visible for other drivers and living in a city with streetlights on every road along with the fogs is plenty of light for me.
Sum things up, I plastidip'd my bowls to see if I'd like it, I know it's very impractical. Plus I disassembled them and restored the lens' and cleaned everything up!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #17596
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Valve adjustment, spark plugs, and CSL SMG software. Thanks to Kevin on m3forum.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #17597
Mango

Quote:
I was waiting for this to blow up..haha. I have a retrofit ready to install minus the bulbs, I was planning on painting the high beam bowl after the retrofit along with the shroud for the same look. Plus it's plastidip so I can just pull it off if I change my mind. I have 6k fogs along with the led AA's to make me plenty visible for other drivers and living in a city with streetlights on every road along with the fogs is plenty of light for me.
Sum things up, I plastidip'd my bowls to see if I'd like it, I know it's very impractical. Plus I disassembled them and restored the lens' and cleaned everything up!
people may see you, but you may not see people. what if you run over somebody cause you didn't see them? fog lights aren't designed to see directly in front of you nor are they designed to light road signs. very dangerous.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #17598
THECLEANERBEAMER
MR.CLEAN ;)

My Ride: 2002 325i
Hey do you guys think that a titanium ebrake handle would look good with the beige interior and boot?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 PM   #17599
E46runsPCB

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323ci
Quote:
people may see you, but you may not see people. what if you run over somebody cause you didn't see them? fog lights aren't designed to see directly in front of you nor are they designed to light road signs. very dangerous.
I agree 100%. Bulbs should be here wednesday for the retrofit. Just wanted to see if I wanted to do black or yellow bowls!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Bimmer app.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #17600
Mango

Quote:
I agree 100%. Bulbs should be here wednesday for the retrofit. Just wanted to see if I wanted to do black or yellow bowls!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Bimmer app.
Well black is out of the equation. you didn't need a test for that. Yellow is also reducing your effectiveness.

whats wrong with stock?

OVER A MILLION VIEWS