E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 189 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #18841
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV
* What did you do to/for your E46 today? *

Wrapped the elephant trunk

Attachment 504483

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by briangl92; 08-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #18842
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangl92 View Post
Wrapped the elephant trunk

Attachment 504483

Sent from my iPhone
Nice job! I would attempt this as well but I know it would come out looking like ****.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic BMW M3
2005 Audi B6 S4 quattro 6MT
2004 BMW 330i
1986 BMW 535i

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #18843
briangl92

My Ride: A08 ZSP ZPP SULEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Nice job! I would attempt this as well but I know it would come out looking like ****.
It's tricky because the tape doesn't want to hold on to the taper of the grommet portion so I wrapped the last bit into the grommet so that it's held and can't slide under tension.

I didn't have the heart or ambition to cut all the wires, put a new elephant trunk on, and resolder the wires, like Dmax.

Sent from my iPhone
briangl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #18844
CK325

My Ride: 323Ci, 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood516 View Post
Are you going to see AdamE46 ??
Indeed, sir.
CK325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #18845
jbaikw

My Ride: 2000 328i
Finally installed new smoked led tails, switched to smoked sides from clear, oil change, air filter change to an AFe Pro Dry, and cabin air filter. Now only need to do a wash, too bad it might rain this week again.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #18846
trj

My Ride: 325Ci

Rear wheel bearing done

Hopefully the noise will not be there when I drive tomorrow.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #18847
bmdubalicious

My Ride: 03 325i
Found out that I need a new trunk handle bar because one of the light plate light holders decided to bend and drop he bulb and the lense. Causing a stupid electrical issue as well though lol.
BMWCCA Member #461128

2003 Jet Black 325i ZPP, ZCW
Mods: P46's with Orion V2's | Cosmos Racing Cold Air Intake | UUC Underdrive Pullies | H&R/Koni | Staggered Style 119's | Clear Corners/Sidemarkers/Tails | Bimmerbrakes Stoptech Slotted Brake Upgrade | BimmerBrakes Headers | Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
Soon to Come: Shark Injector
bmdubalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #18848
ClaytonL

My Ride: 2003 325i

just finished up my major suspension refresh. well, mine and my friend's 330i. one after another.
did struts, shocks, tie rods, M3 rtabs with Vorshlag's limiters, all-around mounts (OEM), sway bar bushings and links(OEM).
replaced everything I touched and took off from bump stops, to strut cover, down to every last washer and bolt I took off. he went with koni yellows and I went with Bilsteins.

finished at 3am. boy am I beat and does my back hurt. I'd recommend others to do this in sections per day.

the rtab tool worked AMAZING! I took more time unscrewing bolts to get the rtab carrier down. the limiters were sure a tight fit. hopefully I will only see positives out of this.

alignment on Thursday with weights. can't wait for the final product.

Feels great to have ALL and EVERYTHING on the suspension replaced and back to BMW's specs.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #18849
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaytonL View Post
just finished up my major suspension refresh. well, mine and my friend's 330i. one after another.
did struts, shocks, tie rods, M3 rtabs with Vorshlag's limiters, all-around mounts (OEM), sway bar bushings and links(OEM).
replaced everything I touched and took off from bump stops, to strut cover, down to every last washer and bolt I took off. he went with koni yellows and I went with Bilsteins.

finished at 3am. boy am I beat and does my back hurt. I'd recommend others to do this in sections per day.

the rtab tool worked AMAZING! I took more time unscrewing bolts to get the rtab carrier down. the limiters were sure a tight fit. hopefully I will only see positives out of this.

alignment on Thursday with weights. can't wait for the final product.

Feels great to have ALL and EVERYTHING on the suspension replaced and back to BMW's specs.

Awesome! You're about halfway there though (in terms of numbers of suspension parts). Even I haven't done the whole suspension.

The whole rear axle needs to be dropped down to finish the suspension. 15 more pieces to go in the rear.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #18850
Imola.ZHP

My Ride: Imola ZHP
^ Mango, have you (or someone else) done a similar photo and numbering system for the front suspension components?

-- '03 330i ZHP
-- Marcus
Imola.ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #18851
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
^ Mango, have you (or someone else) done a similar photo and numbering system for the front suspension components?
I could, I guess. but there's not much to the front. I'll get started on that i guess

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #18852
JZambrano7

My Ride: 2003 325xi

Well I've encountered a new problem. My door handle doesn't seem to work. I looked at the little screw on the side of the door that is used to tighten or loosen up so that the door handle can be smoother and it seems to be threaded. Suggestions?

-JZ7-
JZambrano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #18853
ClaytonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
Awesome! You're about halfway there though (in terms of numbers of suspension parts). Even I haven't done the whole suspension.

The whole rear axle needs to be dropped down to finish the suspension. 15 more pieces to go in the rear.
Halfway or 15 parts? ALL my front has been changed (except the brackets on the sway bar but I'll do that when I get back from LA). I can only count 11 in the rear I have left to do. (4subframe, 3 diff, and 4 wanna-be control arm ball joints)
When the time comes to do all those stage 3 bushings, Ill drive up and we can knock out both of our cars at the same time.

Can not wait for the alignment tomorrow to feel how the car is going to handle after. Right now my wheels look like \ |. I marked them as best as I could but its not perfect.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #18854
Blueandwhite85

My Ride: E46
Front pads, sensor and rotors. Ah yes the feeling of fresh brakes.
Blueandwhite85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #18855
Llink78

My Ride: 2002 330i
I can't wait to get the bushings and stuff done. Bought the car and it had 136k on it. Had to replace struts/shocks and springs. Finished that now doing a engine overhaul. Including VCG, Vanos seals and line, oil filter gasket. Then while its apart UUC pullies and headers. And am sending out for a AA flash of the ecu. Then full rear refresh kit. Then front. Figure ill do one a month.
Llink78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #18856
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

Quote:
Halfway or 15 parts? ALL my front has been changed (except the brackets on the sway bar but I'll do that when I get back from LA). I can only count 11 in the rear I have left to do. (4subframe, 3 diff, and 4 wanna-be control arm ball joints)
When the time comes to do all those stage 3 bushings, Ill drive up and we can knock out both of our cars at the same time.

Can not wait for the alignment tomorrow to feel how the car is going to handle after. Right now my wheels look like \ |. I marked them as best as I could but its not perfect.
That would be fun. I have most of the parts sitting in my closet already. just haven't had the time to do it. After I come back from vacation next month i'll knock out some more projects. the outer control arm balljoints and bushings can be done without lowering the axle. even the rear inner lower can be done easily as well (as far as access goes) the upper inner is the b!tch.

I also have front wheel bearings to put in (rears done) list goes on...

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Old 05-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #18857
ClaytonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango View Post
That would be fun. I have most of the parts sitting in my closet already. just haven't had the time to do it. After I come back from vacation next month i'll knock out some more projects. the outer control arm balljoints and bushings can be done without lowering the axle. even the rear inner lower can be done easily as well (as far as access goes) the upper inner is the b!tch.

I also have front wheel bearings to put in (rears done) list goes on...
Exact same here for front bearings. I'll start buying the final bushings for the rear once summer is over.

Also, just placed my final order of $200 worth of items to get ready for Bimmerfest!!!!
Hopefully it gets here in time or Ill be really upset since I upgraded the shipping.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #18858
Adionik

My Ride: Bavarian Panzer
Quote:
Exact same here for front bearings. I'll start buying the final bushings for the rear once summer is over.

Also, just placed my final order of $200 worth of items to get ready for Bimmerfest!!!!
Hopefully it gets here in time or Ill be really upset since I upgraded the shipping.
Where are you getting the alignment?
Adionik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #18859
RKiepper

My Ride: 1999 E46 328I x2
Finally got the CCV out. Good thing I did too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1368040707.719662.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	504574  

Last edited by RKiepper; 05-08-2013 at 02:20 PM.
RKiepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #18860
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
I did not pass my emissions test, the mechanic told me it had a P1071 code. I replaced the vacuum hose on the air check valve and the vacuum control switch yesterday. He told me to just drive it and retest but it would not even go past the O2 sensor heat display. I went by the auto parts store and picked up a bottle of Seafoam and put it in the gas tank then drove it some more. I had no smoke and it drove with no issues. The last month has been all O2 pre cat sensor, misfires and catalytic efficiency codes so I replaced the two pre cat sensors, cleaned the ICV and disa then replaced the intake boots. The car just passed 120K and this has been the first issue with emissions. Any ideas?
tcphoto is online now   Reply With Quote