E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
ZANIESXD

My Ride: 2002 325i Sedan
Ill be doing this tomorrow! thanks!
ZANIESXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #22
ZANIESXD

My Ride: 2002 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott87 View Post
I have tried to construct this image to show a little better how the connections all hook up and basically you could do the DIY with this 1 image i think!

But it may be cr@p, let me know!
Scott.
just got mine out! still waiting on new clutch though so it will be a little while before i can test it. thanks for the tutorial!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
E46BAV90

My Ride: 330ci & 325xi
This is a great CDV delete DIY. I just did a clutch slave cylinder replacement write up and linked your CDV delete thread to it, incase people want to kill two birds with one stone.

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement DIY
E46BAV90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #24
jason330cic

My Ride: 2001 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4Tsex View Post
I've owned my car for over three years and have always wanted to remove the CDV. Finally got everything ready and went under the car last weekend for removal but the CDV was not there! What a relief, but now I am curious if someone else had alredy removed it or if some early e46 (like my '00 preface-lift sedan) just didn't come with it.
Same thing happened to me today. I finally got under my car to pull the CDV and it wasn't there . I think there was someone else on here that said their 2001 330ci didn't have one either, so maybe no 2001's have CDV's. I still changed out the brake fluid and bled out the clutch slave cylinder which made a huge improvement in the clutch pedal. It seems to shift much smoother now.

jason330cic is offline   Reply With Quote