E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alayle View Post
Hate to break it to you (and I guess some of the previous posters were too) but a girl coming back from Europe that wants time to reconsider = fvcked around while over there

Take revenge and plow anything that moves

...I didn't want to be the first to say it while homeboy was still hurtin but, +1

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #22
rpl

My Ride: 2002 330ci
^Yeap. I concur. Do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
probably the best thing to do. Flat out ignoring her is sooo played out and very childish in my opinion. Arrange a meet in a week and don't talk to her until then.

Nope. Don't do this. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl View Post
^Yeap. I concur. Do this.

Nope. Don't do this. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
yeah I do actually; most girls don't like it when a guy plays these types of games and completely ignoring her is a game. No one will win, she will get pissed off and the kid won't stop thinking about her the entire time he is ignoring her.

By telling her they can meet on X day in the future and not saying anything else after that point, he's taking control of the situation... instead of being petty, predictable, and childish.

Oh and the "meet" is a perfect opportunity to completely break things off with her... "I've been thinking these past few days, you needing distance is a bad sign, you seem a little off (aka slept around), and I think it's best we break things off completely... I need stable people in my life." In my opinion, going that route is pretty mature and will show your true character... she will probably want you back even more.

Last edited by CMT247; 05-14-2010 at 02:30 PM.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #24
rpl

OP, I'm telling you. If you do what CMT says and you two get back together, she'll just treat you like sh*t and cheat on your again. You cannot give her the satisfaction/positive reinforcement for her actions. No need to see her again. It's like quitting a bad habit tomorrow. Be head strong and drop it now. If she does decide to come back to you, you'll have complete control. However, I assume by that time you wont even want her back anyways. If she doesn't come back to you, good for you -- you're better off without her.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #25
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
rpl - I'm not telling him to get back together... meeting one more time, in my opinion, an be a nice way to close things out... clearly the op is thinking about this girl a lot... he did post a thread in an online forum. I just think it would help him to move on... cold turkey is tough. Be a man and end things with no loose ends
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #26
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
rpl - I'm not telling him to get back together... meeting one more time, in my opinion, an be a nice way to close things out... clearly the op is thinking about this girl a lot... he did post a thread in an online forum. I just think it would help him to move on... cold turkey is tough. Be a man and end things with no loose ends
In this case, I agree.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:05 PM   #27
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Welp, drinks next wknd with one of my tennis student/cougar.
Rush4theYehO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:48 PM   #28
Hobbes
Nonsense Generator

My Ride: 2006 X5 4.8is
Send a message via AIM to Hobbes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Old 05-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #29
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
My man!

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #30
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
OP, don't do anything stupid (like listening to most of the posts here from people that know only one side of the story, from two posts you made about it)

talk to her about the situation. Be honest, don't try to be "cool" and not care.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:53 AM   #31
goyongj

My Ride: 02 325ci
Don't listen to this guy. This is not hollywood movie.
yeah try crying and 'I want you back baby' shxt. it will push her further

don't let her take a break. if you agree, that means she can come back anytime. do you want to be a product that's available anytime on shelves?
if you are going to be available, why the fcuck she needs to get back with you? (yeah maybe she will fcuk bunch of guys and realize you were the one later)

just let her break up with you and stop contacting her.
If you want her back , this is the only way

again please don't say 'I am sorry whatever I've done to you, you are the only one' BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
Don't let your ego interfere with your heart.

If you love her, set an appointment to talk to her, like a week from now.

That gives you both time to think.

If she wants back, and you want back, get back together.

Just make it very clear that you don't take her actions lightly.

JMO.

PS - I am older than most on this board and probably gone through a lot more.

NY->Salt Lake City within 48 hours
goyongj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:56 AM   #32
goyongj

My Ride: 02 325ci
btw, if she fcuks multiple guys and trys to get back with you, I would do 'cum on her face and break up with her trick' which is done by some member here. (you can find the story here)

NY->Salt Lake City within 48 hours
goyongj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:15 AM   #33
Dreamliner330

My Ride: 330xi
She is probably thinking of cheating on you...'thinking over the relationship' will give her the pass she wants...

Pics...
Dreamliner330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 AM   #34
Rush4theYehO

Strangely, she's been trying to get hold of me lately. Texts and whatnot. My friend got an email from her saying how she was unsure she did the right thing by going on a break. I committed to not talking to her for a week (as stated earlier) but I'm in no hurry right now. I've got good buddies around to help keep my mind off things. I'm gonna play it by ear and see what works out.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #35
HellFish

My Ride: BMW
Send a message via AIM to HellFish
Quote:
It's over.

She said she's "uncertain" with our relationship. I don't really know what brought this on, and while it hasn't been something I never mentally prepped for its still a shock. She wants a "break" for us to re-examine if us being together is the right thing for us. I just can't see myself getting back together with someone who's ripped out your heart. This is hard, she's the first gf I've actually been serious about.

I'm gonna follow some of Stan's advice.
girlfriend of 4 years did the same to me. However instead of being stand up about it she just flirted with other guys (and who knows what else) until I found out about it, then it ended.

"Class class class!" - Wedding crashers
Old 05-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #36
rpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyongj View Post
Don't listen to this guy. This is not hollywood movie.
yeah try crying and 'I want you back baby' shxt. it will push her further

don't let her take a break. if you agree, that means she can come back anytime. do you want to be a product that's available anytime on shelves?
if you are going to be available, why the fcuck she needs to get back with you? (yeah maybe she will fcuk bunch of guys and realize you were the one later)

just let her break up with you and stop contacting her.
If you want her back , this is the only way

again please don't say 'I am sorry whatever I've done to you, you are the only one' BS

YES! This is absolutely right. And look at the results:

Quote:
Strangely, she's been trying to get hold of me lately. Texts and whatnot. My friend got an email from her saying how she was unsure she did the right thing by going on a break. I committed to not talking to her for a week (as stated earlier) but I'm in no hurry right now. I've got good buddies around to help keep my mind off things. I'm gonna play it by ear and see what works out.
Honestly dude, hold out as long as possible, use your buddies to help you get your mind off of things and, honestly, start seeing other women. She made the mistake. She'll come crawling back. It's up to YOU when or if you want to get back together with her. Best of luck!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #37
Rush4theYehO

So we chatted some tonight, and it's officially done. I feel VERY good about it- the sense of relief/closure is amazing. I can assure you she didn't sleep around, that was one thing I made her promise me to be honest about. Either way, it doesn't matter....I just wanted that certainty.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #38
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
So we chatted some tonight, and it's officially done. I feel VERY good about it- the sense of relief/closure is amazing. I can assure you she didn't sleep around, that was one thing I made her promise me to be honest about. Either way, it doesn't matter....I just wanted that certainty.
fcuk her bro! girls piss me off with all their stupid sh!t. Go out and have some fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #39
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellFish View Post
girlfriend of 4 years did the same to me. However instead of being stand up about it she just flirted with other guys (and who knows what else) until I found out about it, then it ended.

"Class class class!" - Wedding crashers
5 1/2 year lesson and i am just barely relearning how to be single it's rough crashed and burned tonight actually took too long to seal the deal

it's a learning curve, still moving on actually
Old 05-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #40
Rush4theYehO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr_driver View Post
5 1/2 year lesson and i am just barely relearning how to be single it's rough crashed and burned tonight actually took too long to seal the deal

it's a learning curve, still moving on actually
Good luck man....I know places like bars are the worstplaces to try and pick up women, but at times those are hte places where you want to pick up b*tches the most. I'm gonna try and start doing something social and still related to tennis. It's what I love and hopefully may be able to meet someone based on.