E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #101
ab325

My Ride: bipedal
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3IGNman View Post
When a team has the best record in the NBA and has two all-star's (Mo Williams last year; Antawn Jamison twice before) outside of someone who is supposedly the best in the NBA...well, anything less than winning a title is a bust. The fact is Lebron had two all-stars around him and decent role players to go along with an aging Shaq who still commands the double team...sure, they aren't talented like the Lakers or Magic, but that's enough talent to make the Cavs the best TEAM in the nba with another 60 win season; it sure as hell is enough talent for someone who is considered the best in the league to turn the corner to the title. Unfortunately, Lebron doesn't have the competitive edge or leadership quality that is required for the franchise player to lead his team to a title.

And as another data point, this cavs team has more collective talent than the 1991 Bulls team. Jordan took a young Pippen (3rd year in the league) and the rest of that mediocre team, put them on his back, and won the title (three times in a row obviously). Outside of a young, underdeveloped Pippen, the bulls had a team full of garbage players...Bill Cartwright, Craig Hodges, Cliff Levingston, Horace Grant, and BJ Armstrong?! You've only heard of these names simply because they played on that team with Jordan...check their stats, they were mediocre players at best.

But that's the difference between His Airness and Lebron...MJ would kill his children if it meant he were going to win. But let's not forget just how good MJ was while in his prime. In the 90's, Jordan could score anywhere on the floor at will, he developed a great midrange shot, could score with his back to the basket with the fadeaway (Kobe studied the tapes and copied this move), could jump over anyone to get to the rim, and most importantly, he was also the best on-ball defender in the game. MJ was not only the best offensive player of all time, but he was also arguably the best defender. Lebron, on the other hand, can get to the hoop easily, but he is a bit too one-dimensional when it comes to his offensive game. He can't shoot to save his life (midrange or long range), he does not have any reliable post game with his back to the basket, and he isn't much of a defender.

Point blank, there is no excuse for losing by 30 points in the biggest game of the season...game 5 at home of the conference semi's. He did not show up to play, and that is indicative of his lack of 'heart'. I'm so sick of the constant excuses, constantly blaming it on the talent around him. It's simply not true. Having the best player in the league, a couple of all-stars and decent role players has always been the recipe for a championship. In the Cavs case, was it enough to have the best record in the league during 82 games? Well if that's the case, then choking in the playoffs is inexcusable and the responsibility rests on the leader who happens to be the 'best' player in the league. The team follows their leader, so, when Lebron doesn't show up to play in the playoffs, well, the team is lost and therefore lacks cohesion...because the leader didn't show up to lead. Nobody was complaining about talent during the season at ANY point. It was the opposite in fact, everyone finally realized that the Cavs surrounded Lebron with enough talent to turn the corner to the title. Hell, without any other all-star caliber players on his team, a couple years prior, Lebron took them to the finals...but with better talent he does worse?! There's no excuse for it.
well said. the cavs without lebron are better than most teams in the east that made it to the playoffs. they have above average players at nearly all positions, so there is no excuse for their terrible performance. they should have swept the bulls in the first round as well.

he should stay in cleveland to show he can take the team to a championship. a good example of a recent player carrying his team is Wade, when he beat the Mavs in the finals.
ab325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #102
CiRaceTechnik
If I was a drug, Id be DOPE

My Ride: E46.ZHP
Send a message via AIM to CiRaceTechnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Drop 48 like he did against Detroit in the semis a few years back. That is how to win.
This.

I remember thinking back to that game when LB23 tore my heart out against Detroit in that game. He has it in him to drop the last 25 points for his entire team, 29 of the last 30, into double overtime BY HIMSELF. Where was that last night? Nowhere.

Falken Tires | Function & Form Suspension | Meguiars
CiRaceTechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #103
koven

My Ride: 330Ci
fvcking lebron, GOD DAMN
Old 05-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #104
350ZBOY

My Ride: TL type S
always next year....
no offense to the owners on here, but I've never met a 350Z owner that wasn't a douche. are you a douche?
350ZBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #105
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
This is old but I'm just gonna leave it here. LBJ said it himself at the 2:25 mark...

"Dont worry Lebron, get em next year..."

Old 05-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #106
Banned

My Ride: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikerCapitalEnt View Post
Wishful thinking, I know, but here's how I see the negotiations going down...

Donnie Walsh: "Hey Lebron, we have enough money to pair you up with another superstar and a few good role players, who do you want to play with?"

First up, let's start with the stars whose contracts expire following the 2009-2010 season and will then become honest-to-goodness free agents:
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Marcus Camby
Tracey McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Brad Miller
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Miller
Rip Hamilton

The next grouping is those players that are signed thru 2011, but can opt out in 2010 if they so choose:
Yao Ming (owed 17.7 million in 10/11)
Amare Stoudamire (owed 17.7 million in 10/11)
Dwayne Wade (owed 17.0 million in 10/11)
Chris Bosh (owed 17.1 million in 10/11)
Dirk Nowitzki (owed $21.5 million in 10/11)
Josh Howard (owed $11.8 million in 10/11)
Mike Redd (owed $18.3 million in 10/11)
Tyson Chandler (owed $12.8 million in 10/11)

This next list consists of contracts that are set to expire in 2010, but the player may choose to opt-out following the 2008-2009 season:Steve Nash (owed $13.1 million in 09-10)
Carlos Boozer (owed $12.7 million in 09-10)
Chris Paul (owed $6 million in 09-10 / almost certain to sign an extension before becoming unrestricted)
Memo Okur (owed $9.0 million in 09-10)
Hedo Turkoglu (owed $7.4 million in 09-10)

In addition to the superstars listed above, these 'second-tier' players are set to hit the open market as well:
Ben Wallace
Larry Hughes
Zydrunas Ilgauskas (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Anderson Varejao (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Al Harrington
Darko Milicic
Udonis Haslem
Jamal Crawford (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Eddy Curry (option to opt-out after 09/10 season)
Amir Johnson
Derek Fisher
Raja Bell
T.J. Ford (player option - owed $8.5 million in 10/11)
Travis Outlaw
Bruce Bowen
Earl Watson
Luke Ridnour
Matt Harpring
Quentin Richardson
Damien Wilkins

Players that will actually eventually have value due solely to the fact their contracts come off the books in the summer of 2010:
Jerome James (proof that Isiah Thomas knew what he was doing all along!)
Cuttino Mobley
Brendan Haywood
Tim Thomas
Brian Cardinal
Antonio Davis
Mark Blount
Bobby Simmons
Troy Hudson
Darius Miles
Kenny Thomas
Shareef Abdul-Rahim
Matt Bonner
Etan Thomas

Last, but not least, we have the 2006 Draft Class. These players will all be restricted free-agents in 2010, if they haven't already been inked to extensions:
Brandon Roy
Rudy Gay
LaMarcus Aldridge
Andrea Bargnani
Rajon Rondo
Tyrus Thomas
Kyle Lowry
Randy Foye
Marcus Williams
Josh Boone
Renaldo Balkman
Sergio Rodriguez
Ronnie Brewer
Insane Free Agency period... I can not think of a time a free agent pool was potentially this ripe with talent.
Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #107
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
Brandon Jennings' Twitter page

Quote:
So Now Lebron don't have help??? Oh my God!!! Smh. They won 60 games
http://twitter.com/yungbuck3

(got it from another site)
Old 05-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #108
R3IGNman

My Ride: it depends
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post

Exactly what I said.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #109
E36Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post

He also said, "Bron is a stat stuffer, Kobe is a CHAMPION."
Old 05-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #110
Tauce says

My Ride: is imola
Well I'll be watching next time LeBron plays the Bucks. Dumbass chucker Brandon Jennings just made his list.
Tauce says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #111
R3IGNman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tauce says View Post
Well I'll be watching next time LeBron plays the Bucks. Dumbass chucker Brandon Jennings just made his list.
LeBron doesn't have a list, he's soft.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #112
E36Eric

Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #113
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
lebron is either going to stay at cleveland with a new coach(fcuk, mike brown is horrible) or go to a team that can offer him championship. all those saying he's going to NY or NJ or chicago or the clippers are crazy. if he goes to one of those teams, he'll be in the same position he was in when he entered the league. having a GM rebuilding a team around him. and you can't compare the regular season to the post season. the regular season is where superstars win your team the game. the post season is where teams have to come together with perfect chemistry to win. relying on a superstar to win you games in the playoffs doesn't work (see d-wade and lebron this year).
having said that, what the cavs did last night is an embarrassment. i have never seen a team quit in a do or die game before. props to the celtics though. it'll be fun to see them and the magic go 7 next round.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #114
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Interesting how there is so many lebron haters now

In comparison new England patriots had a perfect regular season and "good ol boy" Tom Brady lost the superbowl but he didn't receive hardly the scrutiny that lebron is getting in the press.

wonder why?! Hmmm

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 PM   #115
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
lebron is either going to stay at cleveland with a new coach(fcuk, mike brown is horrible) or go to a team that can offer him championship. all those saying he's going to NY or NJ or chicago or the clippers are crazy. if he goes to one of those teams, he'll be in the same position he was in when he entered the league. having a GM rebuilding a team around him. and you can't compare the regular season to the post season. the regular season is where superstars win your team the game. the post season is where teams have to come together with perfect chemistry to win. relying on a superstar to win you games in the playoffs doesn't work (see d-wade and lebron this year).
having said that, what the cavs did last night is an embarrassment. i have never seen a team quit in a do or die game before. props to the celtics though. it'll be fun to see them and the magic go 7 next round.
As some of u geeks put it

+1

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #116
MixFlame

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post

In comparison new England patriots had a perfect regular season and "good ol boy" Tom Brady lost the superbowl but he didn't receive hardly the scrutiny that lebron is getting in the press.

wonder why?! Hmmm
brady's won it before. lebron hasn't.

Sponsored by: Meguiars | Rotiform | AUTOcouture Motoring | Broadway Static
Instagram: @mystic330i
MixFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #117
TruckDaddy

Quote:

wonder why?! Hmmm
people hate on lebron because he hasn't won anything yet. brady has 3 rings and you know when his team needs him, he puts the team on his back. lebron is still one of my favorite players, but to get to that MJ, kobe level he has to put the team on his back and atleast attempt to win the game. MJ did it in a game with the flu. THE FLU!!! kobe has been ballin this year with a beat up body, and gets on his teammates when they fcuk up. <----this is what lebron needs to do.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #118
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:

wonder why?! Hmmm
no one ever called brady the greatest QB on the planet
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #119
R3IGNman

Quote:

wonder why?! Hmmm
1. You ran off when I proved you are delusional, then you pop up unexpectedly like a goblin living in F2B's basement. Hmmm wonder why?!

2. You must be talking about a different Lebron James, because the guy on the Cavs gets a free pass for losing EVERY YEAR. He never bears any responsibility, instead, everyone blames it on his 'talentless' team. I'm sorry, but a 'talentless' team doesn't win 60 games during the season, nor do they come equipped with two other all-star players...in fact, Jamison was the franchise player in GS earlier in his career.

3. Newsflash: Tom Brady ALREADY won a title.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #120
TruckDaddy

if lebron does leave, i think miami would be a perfect fit. first, he'll have wade. second, pat riley would definitely come back and coach. thirdly, south beach. maimi has enough cap room to sign wade and two more superstar contracts.

Quote: