E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #21
farkas007

My Ride: 330ci M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_dude View Post
where do you usually service your car? i just wanna make sure you didn't get ripped off like i did
..I was servicing my car at Eurocar Service, 14 union st, Stepney.

he is a mature mechanic, was working for adelaide bmw and then opened his own shop 15-20 years ago.. he has M1 parked there

Plus he is German
Old 06-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
Dvious34

My Ride: E34
I have used BMWise for my E34 and they generally do a good job..

The only downside i have found is their customer service can be abit so-so at times, obviously when there busy its difficult but the last two times its just been here are the keys and il pick up my car later...

But everyone recommends them so its worth a shot...

And about the cruise, next friday the 18th, it would be awesome if some of you guys could come out... let me know or just rock up on the night, Burnside village portrush rd top car park at 7:00...
Dvious34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #23
Yetti

My Ride: 325 TI
I took my car to BM-Wise for a Major service inspection II, no problems there, and around $300-400 cheaper than BMW Adelaide stealership.
Guys seemed very helpful with query questions as well.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 AM   #24
3one8

My Ride: 318i
contact details

Hi can you post the contact details of the service shops?
I used to have mine done by Michael McMichael (only because when I bought the car from Stillwell they said to bring it to him) ... I am ready to bring my baby to another repairer...negative comments withheld.

Thanks in advance...
3one8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #25
3one8

oops nevermind... found them via Google Maps... will checkin soon. Need to get my Right rear light/indicator fixed.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:43 AM   #26
3one8

Thumbs down Argh...rant rant rant.

The last post I made I withheld the negative comments I got from this place but I'm not with holding back after today.

I don't know why I am so hard headed....I went back to M.M. to have them fix a leaking oil. I was quoted $400.00, I then had my missus pick up the car and I found out from her she was asked to pay $550.00!

What annoys me the most is that this is the 3rd time I've gone to his garage and all three times he would charge me more than the quote. I've asked him all three times to call me if there are any changes, and all three times he has told my missus he called me but I did not answer my phone. I've got Voice Mail setup on my mobile and, there is no notification of any missed call.

That's just half of my frustration. The electrical issues I ask him to fix always comes back. e.g. airbag light coming up, signal light not working. The oil leak I noticed occured a few days after the last service...

When I dropped of the car, in the morning. He was on the phone speaking to a mate and I had to wait for him to finish chatting with his mate, like I was not even there.

If you are reading this Michael McMichael you have definitely lost this customer and I will surely pass this terrible service to other BMW friends..
Old 07-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #27
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3one8 View Post
The last post I made I withheld the negative comments I got from this place but I'm not with holding back after today.

I don't know why I am so hard headed....I went back to M.M. to have them fix a leaking oil. I was quoted $400.00, I then had my missus pick up the car and I found out from her she was asked to pay $550.00!..............

What's the name of his busness and where is it located?
Old 07-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #28
3one8

http://mybmw.com.au/

It's at Stepney...I haven't had the chance to check the job he did with the car...I'll post again tonight.
Let me correct myself thou, he may have been correct in addresing the leaking oil issue and fixing what had to be fixed, for now i'll give him the benefit of the doubt (coz at the moment I can't really tell if he did a good job), but I know I am annoyed at the fact that he has told my missus again that he tried to ring me several times and that I was not answering my phone, which I know is unture. (like i said i do have voicemail setup and if he did try I would have gotten missed call notifications).
Old 07-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #29
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
All I can say is BM Wise have been great. I will continue going back for services.
ating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #30
Airedalemd

My Ride: 2005 M3
Have any of you Adelaide guys tried BMcity? I went there today for some minor work and spent a lot of time talking to the owner. I think this is a real "find". He's passionate about BMW's, is much less expensive than the dealership, and (I love this) lets me watch the work. I'll go back as soon as I need to.
Airedalemd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #31
Mitch E46

My Ride: M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedalemd View Post
...and (I love this) lets me watch the work.
I like that too.

Mitch E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #32
ating

^ Welcome. Nope haven't tried BM City, sounds good though. But I'm happy enough with Anthony from BM Wise. Real good guy. Good to see another M3 in Adelaide LOL. Post some pics I've seen quite a few running around lately actually. A few silver, some carbon black and I've seen an LSB too. Nice!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #33
Airedalemd

I'm new in town with a 2005 SMG; appreciate the advice on service. I tried BMWcity; got my ear talked off. I'll try BMWise tomorrow. I have 48K kms and need a service. Hope it's not too much $$. If you guys have a get-together, let me know.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #34
ating

Nice. Not many Adelaide members here. What colour is ur car?
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #35
Airedalemd

I just uploaded some photos (I think). Try this: http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showgallery.php?cat=4585
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #36
Airedalemd

Oh, please excuse the plate; it was just after I bought it. It has somewhat more anonymous plates now.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #37
ubersaloon

My Ride: 2001 325i, E34 M5
Quote:
I'm new in town with a 2005 SMG; appreciate the advice on service. I tried BMWcity; got my ear talked off. I'll try BMWise tomorrow. I have 48K kms and need a service. Hope it's not too much $$. If you guys have a get-together, let me know.
Welcome
I didn't want to be the first to bag BM City but now that someone has taken the lead......
Basically, my experience was exactly the same.
The proprietor just talked sh1t for 45 mins but said very little that encouraged me to hand the keys over.
That said, letting you watch is pretty cool - not many shops will let you do that.
I use BM-Wise for the stuff I can't do myslef and have no complaints.
ubersaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #38
ating

Quote:
I just uploaded some photos (I think). Try this: http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showgallery.php?cat=4585
Nice! Beautiful colour. What wheels are they? Any other mods?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:47 AM   #39
Airedalemd

Just had a servicing done at BMWise; much better than BMWCity. I'll continue to go there unless something happens. They charge $95/hr; is that about right?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:19 AM   #40
Schnake

My Ride: 325ci
$95 an hour is OK. From my experience with Anthony is that he is fair on what he books to the job, but he also makes a good cut on parts he supplies. In other words they source parts (eg. from HSY and the likes) a lot cheaper than what they charge.
Schnake is offline   Reply With Quote