E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #21
ChasCan

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivrswntd View Post
I had the same problem at LRP, and I did the M3 baffle and it definitly helped. If you start with a full tank beginning of the day, you'll be fine for the rest of the day if you do this baffle. Otherwise the problem starts to creep up in your 3rd session and by the 4th one forget about it. I did a DIY on bimmerforums.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1263979
Jay. Just finished installing the M3 baffle as per your link. My AllData was very vague on the fuel pump R&R, & your pics helped a lot. Really didn't take more than 1/2 hr, but installing the rear seat was a pita. It didn't want to clip into the front latch points. That took me about another 1/2 hour b4 I figured out what tricks to use. Anyway, no big deal, since my lead tech is much bigger & burlier than me & I know that it would have taken him 2 min to clip the rear seat into the brackets. I just didn't wnat to hear him razz me on such a simple procedure. Big guys generally win. Hopefully, this baffle will help me get me thru the entire track day on Wed with no fuel starvation. Will keep everyone posted that contributed to my thread.
Jay, Thanks for the pics & diy. Chas
ChasCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #22
drivrswntd

My Ride: 330ci
No prob dude! Good luck Wednesday hopefully it works for you like it did for me. Please post an update for us. You going to Monticello for June 7-8?

Boston BMWCCA chapter
drivrswntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #23
Gatorsurgeon

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
My M3 did this coming out of the carousel turn at Barber Motorsports park as well. The line was about 3/8 of a tank, so that's about all the help you'll get from the baffler.
JL Audio ZR-650 CSi's, JL Audio 300/2 in front
JLAudio Stealthboxes, JL Audio 250/1 in back
Avin Avant-2 android headunit, Audiocontrol 3XS crossover, Audiocontrol EQS
My other car is a Fisker Karma

Gatorsurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #24
mko9

My Ride: '04 330i ZHP
To expand the record, I have experienced this at both VIR and Summit Point Main. I have a 330i ZHP sedan, and it occurs around 3/8 tank. On both tracks it happens out of Turn 1 coming off the main straight. At Summit Point is does not happen at 6a/6b, which is also a long right hander - almost 270deg. Maybe the hard braking coming off the main straight is a contributing factor. 6a/6b comes after hard braking into a left hander at Turn 5.

Anyway, thank you e46fanatics for the wisdom. Looks like I need to order an M3 fuel baffle.

'04 BMW 330i ZHP
'08 Audi TT Roadster
'13 Land Rover LR4
mko9 is offline   Reply With Quote