E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
carthageHannial

My Ride: 330CI
High power band on 330's. No joke!

As much as I hate doing it, I couldn't resist it last night, as I'm driving back to L.A.

A brand new Corvette kept strottling in front of me beging me to play lol After few showing off scene on his side, we had two lanes cleared, with him few car length in front of me, slipped down a gear(4th) around 80mph and slamed it.

It was like a still picture for few seconds, then I start pulling up on him and had em by half car length. I glanced down, I was at the red line limit. Threw it to 5th and took my foot off the gas (didn't want anybody to get in trouble) He darted past me! He didn't even down at all !!!! lol

There is no ambiguity as to whether he gave it all. He did! I can only express puzzlement to how I was able to take em. If not much respect to this 330 (my 330 lol)

Damn, he would've gotten murdered by an M3!!!!!
carthageHannial is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
ozymandias

My Ride: 330i ZHP, 94 MR2T
He must have forgotten to downshift.
ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
nk_zhp

My Ride: ZHP / E30 M3
Yes yes, the 330i is much faster than a Vette.

On a similar note, the other I saw a McLaren F1 toying around with me. I could hear him drop down to the 3rd but I remained in 6th, we both punched it and I started gaining on him.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Just the other day I was riding my mountain bike around town. Well the sidewalk was full, so I had to stay close to the curb on the road. I was sitting at a stoplight when whadda ya know a hayabusa pulls up next to me. He starting revving and let me have it, so I downshifted to 8th gear and prayed to god my red bull I had ingested earlier would do the trick. BAM! Green light. I pulled off so quick I think shot some gravel about 2 feet behind me! He was going nuts smokin his tire and trying to catch up. By the time we got to the next light I was in 12th gear and haulin a55. He was so far behing me that my peripherals couldn't see him. I turned around at the light and saw him pulling off into a parking lot prob in shame. Granted he gave it all he had but this huffy wasn't going down that day!

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
332xi

My Ride: too fast e46/330xi
+1!! you couldn't even best one from the 90's, let alone a new one... when did you wake up?
332xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
So the other day this bugatti tryed outrunning me and I started pulling at like 240. Must be since I have a ZHP
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
bojacks

My Ride: 2k4 330i ZAM > ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcarle21 View Post
just the other day i was riding my mountain bike around town. Well the sidewalk was full, so i had to stay close to the curb on the road. I was sitting at a stoplight when whadda ya know a hayabusa pulls up next to me. He starting revving and let me have it, so i downshifted to 8th gear and prayed to god my red bull i had ingested earlier would do the trick. Bam! Green light. I pulled off so quick i think shot some gravel about 2 feet behind me! He was going nuts smokin his tire and trying to catch up. By the time we got to the next light i was in 12th gear and haulin a55. He was so far behing me that my peripherals couldn't see him. I turned around at the light and saw him pulling off into a parking lot prob in shame. Granted he gave it all he had but this huffy wasn't going down that day!
lmao!!
bojacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
TallTravel

My Ride: E46/2
I drive a similar car, a 330ci 5 speed, and at that speed, the acceleration is downright amazing compared to the big american engines. At that speed it does not surprise me at all you were able to get past the Vette. I do it all the time to the big, noisy, American engines.

We don't have as much power, but at certain speeds we have a quicker acceleration.

One of the many reasons I love my 330ci.

Last edited by TallTravel; 05-17-2010 at 10:33 AM.
TallTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #10
toastygt30r

My Ride: 2002 330 ci
He it's also about the driver...I raced an M3 in my 330 (I have intake headers exhaust)...It was an old man driving and I'm pretty sure he does not knwo what he is doing but I was with him till 3rd

toastygt30r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #11
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
i got hosed by a Cobalt SS last night. not even kidding.

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #12
TallTravel

My Ride: E46/2
Quote:
iansanderson;11755122]i got hosed by a Cobalt SS last night. not even kidding.
Yours is an automatic or manual?
TallTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
I wouldn't feel too embarrassed. We have the same motor as the Cobalt SS in our Sky Redline. The motors are mod friendly.

2.0L Turbo - 260HP / 260TQ

Oh yeah... Dynos show our torque is underrated as well. Tunes give the GM 2.0L engine about 30 WHP and over 50 Torque at the wheels. Pretty potent motor, I plan on tuning ours and slapping exhaust (straight pipe) on the Sky.

Should get us about 260RWHP / 300 RWTQ for under $1,200 ($600 exhaust / $600 tune).

Long story short: Tri-fecta tune and cat-back exhaust and you are looking at a car that can hit 13.0 flat in the 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.

Last edited by BimmerFerret; 05-17-2010 at 11:06 AM.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #14
n2Bimmer

My Ride: Loves Corners
Lmao. Where is your flame suit??
Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #15
ozymandias

My Ride: 330i ZHP, 94 MR2T
Yeah if you want to have a fast car, the 330i is the wrong car. It's quick enough to get around and have fun, but in no way is it competitive with even the cheapest sports cars. People who care about power should go get a G35.

It's just a matter of having the right expectations.
ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #16
CBIRDave

My Ride: CB M3
i was driving my M3 on the turn pike, i looked up and saw a plane in there air. he was begging me to play. so i honked 3 times.....i basically put 4-5 cars on him.

lol my guess, the vette left it in 6th or something.....even with the setup i have on my M, i think new vette's might still take me.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #17
332xi

My Ride: too fast e46/330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTravel View Post
I drive a similar car, a 330ci 5 speed, and at that speed, the acceleration is downright amazing compared to the big american engines. At that speed it does not surprise me at all you were able to get past the Vette. I do it all the time to the big, noisy, American engines.

We don't have as much power, but at certain speeds we have a quicker acceleration.

bs... no matter how you say our cars are good at that speed. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL he passed any type of vette that is a current model. ...just no way. i would like some proof, if you claim other wise.
332xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 AM   #18
mattcarle21

My Ride: is Breakin My Wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTravel View Post

Autozone is for wannabee's, carefull cuz most of them want to be BMW owners - but can't.- Freeflow
mattcarle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #19
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by l djayr l View Post
i was driving my M3 on the turn pike, i looked up and saw a plane in there air. he was begging me to play. so i honked 3 times.....i basically put 4-5 cars on him.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #20
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Did the vette know you were racing? I seriously doubt it. Your car is slow. The end.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote