E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
jaymtz80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 186
My Ride: 330i 5spd+05 ZHP
Becker Exhaust

So browsing through Amazon and eBay for an exhaust for my 330i I came across this exhaust. I read some reviews and all of them actually seem to be very good but I have not seen one for an E46 yet. Does anybody have any experience with this exhaust? I'm very close to pulling the trigger and just ordering it seems like a hell of a deal and from the reviews that I have read it seems to be pretty good quality and have a good sound.

Found it here on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LW...aOL&ref=plSrch

Then the exact same system I believe for much less here on eBay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Becker-Catback...001?nav=SEARCH

There is also an OBX brand which seems to be the exact same thing but rebranded and cost a little more.
jaymtz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #2
Kalib
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Africa
Posts: 13
My Ride: E46 m54
It might not have o2 sensor points before and after the catalysts which could stuff you around with the air fuel regulators in the cars electronics causing misfire because the computer wants to compensate.(been there). But you could always weld your own in😶

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Kalib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
Kalib
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Africa
Posts: 13
My Ride: E46 m54
I think put holes in the current one it will sound better with every hole😂😂😂

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Kalib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
jaymtz80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 186
My Ride: 330i 5spd+05 ZHP
There's the OBX system that says it does use O2 sensors as well.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T7...ID=418j3g5Sg8L
jaymtz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #5
Kalib
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Africa
Posts: 13
My Ride: E46 m54
Ishh, I need to start reading...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Kalib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #6
Kalib
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Africa
Posts: 13
My Ride: E46 m54
But save money drill holes😂😂

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Kalib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
jaymtz80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 186
My Ride: 330i 5spd+05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalib View Post
But save money drill holes😂😂

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Nah man, I'm going legit in everything on this car. K&N cold air intake just arrived. I know there are nay sayers on this but its dyno proven and worth a shot.
jaymtz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #8
Kalib
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: South Africa
Posts: 13
My Ride: E46 m54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymtz80 View Post
Nah man, I'm going legit in everything on this car. K&N cold air intake just arrived. I know there are nay sayers on this but its dyno proven and worth a shot.
Its still at the end going to be slower than the standard m3, because of the aluminium block... but idk

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Kalib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
jaymtz80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 186
My Ride: 330i 5spd+05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalib View Post
Its still at the end going to be slower than the standard m3, because of the aluminium block... but idk

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Not trying to compete or even compare to an M3
jaymtz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
rkneeshaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 1,357
My Ride: 330i ZHP
This is another Borla knock-off like the OBX exhaust. From the pictures, it looks identical in every way to the borla. There are only two things that could be different from the borla that I haven't verified yet: 300 series stainless steel (like the borla) or the cheaper 400 series stainless? Are the mufflers a straight-through design (like the borla)?

And, then the big one, do these sound like the borla since they look to be the exact same design and dimensions in every way?

I have a used borla system in-hand that will be going on the car, and I can confirm the borla mufflers and the two side-by-side resonators in the middle of the system are all straight through components (you can see the perforated pipe that runs right through them with zero obstruction or redirection of flow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalib View Post
It might not have o2 sensor points before and after the catalysts which could stuff you around with the air fuel regulators in the cars electronics causing misfire because the computer wants to compensate.(been there). But you could always weld your own in😶

Sent from my EVA-L09 using E46Fanatics mobile app
I dont know why you guys are talking about O2 sensor points, this is a cat-back exhaust, it doesnt have cats in it because it mounts up after your stock cats.
__________________
2003 BMW 330i ZHP
ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - StopTech

Build thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=696662
Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i
rkneeshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:07 PM   #11
jaymtz80
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 186
My Ride: 330i 5spd+05 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
This is another Borla knock-off like the OBX exhaust. From the pictures, it looks identical in every way to the borla. There are only two things that could be different from the borla that I haven't verified yet: 300 series stainless steel (like the borla) or the cheaper 400 series stainless? Are the mufflers a straight-through design (like the borla)?

And, then the big one, do these sound like the borla since they look to be the exact same design and dimensions in every way?

I have a used borla system in-hand that will be going on the car, and I can confirm the borla mufflers and the two side-by-side resonators in the middle of the system are all straight through components (you can see the perforated pipe that runs right through them with zero obstruction or redirection of flow).



I dont know why you guys are talking about O2 sensor points, this is a cat-back exhaust, it doesnt have cats in it because it mounts up after your stock cats.
After doing some research, mainly on this forum, it seems the OBX was brought up quite frequently in 2011 but never with any real conclusion. I think this is the exact same thing just rebranded. The smaller tubing and fact that it is so cheap and Chinese definitely gives me 2nd thoughts.

I think in the end I will just go with Magnaflow catback system for a couple hundred bucks more. I have heard Magnaflow on many cars, even had it on my 84 318i, and know they sound great and seem to have proven gains performance wise as well.
jaymtz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use