E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2002, 11:19 AM   #1
sycE46

My Ride: 323ci
Unhappy To PPl using the BMWPILA with Pioneer cd changer

Do any of you have problems using the BMWPILA adpater with your pioneer changer? Mine is giving me all sorts of problems... I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a really old Pioneer CD changer (CDX-P630) with it or if the adpater just sucks.

Sometimes when I'm driving, the disk will skip and never find the track until I hit forward/reverse (happens like once a day). The CD changer also doesn't sound as good as the stock CD player.

Also skipping tracks seems to take forever. I can't hold the fast forward button down... I have to wait for the CD changer to find the next track first before I can press the button down again to skip another track.

Right now I'm thinking its just the CD Changer... any one have any similar problems? I'm thinking about either buying a newer Pioneer Changer or buying the OEM CD changer.

BTW.... my girlfriend has the Alpine changer in her car, and it works great. Just like if it was an OEM changer. Can't tell how good it sounds compared to mine cuz her speakers sound like sh!t (no HK).
sycE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-23-2002, 12:42 PM   #2
MCD007
Im The Man

My Ride: 325ci
Send a message via AIM to MCD007
Mine doesn't skip but its real slow on find discs. Sometimes you have to skip to a disc you dont want before the dumb the works and goes to the disc you do. BTW mine is a Pioneer P1270 12 disc.
MCD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
mfino
I give up.........

My Ride: 00 323i SP-P blk/blk
I don't have any problems with mine, and I believe i have the p-650. I'm acutually very content on how it works with the factory wiring.

ECIS Intake | Shark Injector | Scorpion Exhaust | PG2 style rims, YOKOHAMA AVS ES100 235/40/18 | M3 Lip Spoiler | OEM Clears | Hamann Eyelids | M-Technik Front | M-Technik Sides | M-Aero Rear | 50% Tint | M3 Dead Pedal | MOMO Aluminum Pedals | UUC Gauges |Titanium Shadow Painted Trim
mfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 07:14 PM   #4
maynardc

My Ride: '03 M3 - 6-speed
The only I've run into is wanting to change to a different numbered disc and I would have to hit the button several times before it finally accepts my change. This happens rarely though. Other than that, I don't have any problems and I use the P-670. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ it.
maynardc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:02 PM   #5
sycE46

Quote:
Originally posted by maynardc
The only I've run into is wanting to change to a different numbered disc and I would have to hit the button several times before it finally accepts my change. This happens rarely though. Other than that, I don't have any problems and I use the P-670. Overall, I'm very satisfied w/ it.
yeah... that happens to me too. I think I'm gonna get the OEM changer and sell my BMWPILA
Old 05-23-2002, 11:15 PM   #6
sycE46

Do you guys have it hooked up to a CD deck or a tape deck? I wonder if it makes a difference.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:27 AM   #7
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
the other day we installed one on a 328ci and at first the changer wasnt recognized...my installer relalized on the e46 and some of the later e36 you have to hook up a certain wire. after that everything was fine. It was with a currrent model pioneer changer. I would just get a new pioneer changer, cheaper too.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 08:01 PM   #8
sycE46

Yeah... I was thinking about buying a newer Pioneer cd-changer off of ebay. I didn't want to spend that much money for a changer... so I was hoping I could get away with my really older cd changer.
Old 05-24-2002, 09:29 PM   #9
bender
hammer talks like this

My Ride: 2006 Honda insight
Send a message via AIM to bender
Quote:
Originally posted by sycE46
Yeah... I was thinking about buying a newer Pioneer cd-changer off of ebay. I didn't want to spend that much money for a changer... so I was hoping I could get away with my really older cd changer.

I could see about getting you one from my shop...pricing around $150. PM if your interested.
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 11:39 PM   #10
Sean`02///325ci

My Ride: 2002-325ci
Quote:
Mine doesn't skip but its real slow on find discs. Sometimes you have to skip to a disc you dont want before the dumb the works and goes to the disc you do. BTW mine is a Pioneer P1270 12 disc.
Same issue with mine but does'nt happen always. Sometimes it won't go to the other track or vice versa and i have to hold down the forward(or reverse) and try skipping again and it works.
All these phenomenon are random.
i think it's the adapter.

Sean Gohain `02///325ci

A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
as its beauty increases it shall never pass into nothingness

Sean`02///325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 02:39 PM   #11
rojo10

My Ride: 328i 2000 e46
pioneer p1270 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
the other day we installed one on a 328ci and at first the changer wasnt recognized...my installer relalized on the e46 and some of the later e36 you have to hook up a certain wire. after that everything was fine. It was with a currrent model pioneer changer. I would just get a new pioneer changer, cheaper too.
I have a bmw 328i 99 that came with a broken cd changer pioneer p1270 with the peripheral adapter, boght a used one from ebay, put all cables but the radio dont recognize the cd, you said that you have to hook a certain wire?? If so witch cable is??
Thanks!!!!
rojo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 03:05 PM   #12
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycE46
Do any of you have problems using the BMWPILA adpater with your pioneer changer? Mine is giving me all sorts of problems... I'm not sure if it's because I'm using a really old Pioneer CD changer (CDX-P630) with it or if the adpater just sucks.

Sometimes when I'm driving, the disk will skip and never find the track until I hit forward/reverse (happens like once a day). The CD changer also doesn't sound as good as the stock CD player.

Also skipping tracks seems to take forever. I can't hold the fast forward button down... I have to wait for the CD changer to find the next track first before I can press the button down again to skip another track.

Right now I'm thinking its just the CD Changer... any one have any similar problems? I'm thinking about either buying a newer Pioneer Changer or buying the OEM CD changer.

BTW.... my girlfriend has the Alpine changer in her car, and it works great. Just like if it was an OEM changer. Can't tell how good it sounds compared to mine cuz her speakers sound like sh!t (no HK).
I used to have the BMWPILA/Pioneer 12 CD Changer... after two adapters (one discharging the battery by keeping the CD spinning all the time, a factory admitted issue for some versions, the other just simply quit recognizing the CD Changer completely) I dumped the POS and bought an iPod/ice>lLink combo.

If somebody is looking for a nice Pioneer 12 CD Changer, I got one to sell cheap...
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote