E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #21
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
I don't even think it's about immaturity.

Its the fact that us dudes are ****ed up, and don't give a **** if a girl is in a relationship or not.
exactly right.

It comes down to respect. When you have a gf, as bad as it sounds, she's your property and you're hers. When someone tries to mess that up it gets frustrating. Maybe in time we'll all say fuuck it, nothings going to happen, but when all you hear about is people getting cheated on it's hard not to think about.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #22
Gheybe

My Ride: F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegGeezer2Bimmer View Post
if you feel like that towards to your girlfriend, i guess you are a one ugly guy. you are one of those guys that are too scared to loose their girlfriend its mainly because you dont have self cofidence because ur ugly to find a new *****, well if you think ur ugly, at least have some confidence to yourself, and put it in your head that there are a lot of *****es in the ocean.
You are the most annoying person in SD.

Congrats.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #23
falcon1209

My Ride: 2000 BMW 328ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegGeezer2Bimmer View Post
learn how to play a game !! i bet some dude is boning your gf when youre not around, haha, you dont have to be jelous, just do the same thing and watch later on she will be up on you. ignore her little by little and start looking for other chick but dont tell anyone because a lot of snitchers around these days. don't dump her just ignore a little and she'll notice it. if she ask tell her that youre just busy. if she doesn't notice that youre ignoring her, that means she doesn't care about you. meaning she's being hump by a dude and you need to move on. be a man you should listen to tom leykis show @ http://www.blowmeuptom.com/ you will learn a lot about relationship
No.

Most advice has been solid, except this guy's. The feeling is normal. Punishing your girlfriend for uninformed strangers approaching a beautiful girl is not. The point where you intervene is when said guy doesn't take "I'm taken." as "No." Not an excuse to lose your cool. It's an opportunity to take it real smooth and show him what he's up against. He might not like it, but she will think its pretty cool, and probably respect you for it. Just make sure you distinguish conversation and unwanted attention.

Hang in there man. Keep the hopes and trust high. The tempers not so much.
falcon1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #24
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
I know what your saying and I feel like that sometimes too. It's more that I know the guys intentions that are talking/texting her or whatever. I'm not worried that my girl will do anything, just more pissed off that some ****ing little ****** doesn't respect that she's taken.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #25
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
I know what your saying and I feel like that sometimes too. It's more that I know the guys intentions that are talking/texting her or whatever. I'm not worried that my girl will do anything, just more pissed off that some ****ing little ****** doesn't respect that she's taken.
that's exactly what it is. Unfortunately the girls think it's just us not trusting them.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
that's exactly what it is. Unfortunately the girls think it's just us not trusting them.
yea man it blows. I'm a real hothead too so it makes it worse.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #27
zikhkd

My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
If you really trusted your girlfriend, you would not care.

JMO
Totally disagree on this one. You can trust the girl, but theres no way you can trust what the guy has in mind- it happens when you LEAST expect it.

I get frustrated too, but keep it in. Insecurities/trust issues is what kills a relationship, if theres something on my mind I'll say it out there, if theres someone I don't like I'll make sure he keeps minimal contact with my girl.

Last edited by zikhkd; 06-08-2010 at 08:32 PM.
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #28
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post
Totally disagree on this one. You can trust the girl, but theres no way you can trust what the guy has in mind- it happens when you LEAST expect it.

I get frustrated too, but keep it in. Insecurities/trust issues is what kills a relationship, if theres something on my mind I'll say it out there, if theres someone I don't like I'll make sure he keeps minimal contact with my girl.
I agree with you.

I trust my gf 100%. We can't help what other guys are thinking. I know I've been "that" guy in the past.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #29
rpl

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post

Is this immaturity? Insecurity? Masculinity?

All of the above, except masculinity. I hate guys like you, and so do women.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 AM   #30
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zikhkd View Post

My girl and I had a long talk today. It was definitely putting a damper on our relationship, and this is the first time we actually got it out in the open. I think everything will be okay now. I'm going to work on it and she's willing to help me out.
Quote:
I agree with you.

I trust my gf 100%. We can't help what other guys are thinking. I know I've been "that" guy in the past.
Yes, I've been "that" guy as well. And I consider myself a good guy compared to a lot of my friends and other dudes based on the stories I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl View Post
All of the above, except masculinity. I hate guys like you, and so do women.
That's funny. Hate is a strong word, take a chill pill brah.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #31
325rider

My Ride: gone, not forgotten
Send a message via AIM to 325rider
this is the way i see it

I will hook up with any girl im attracted too mostly because I feel that teenaged and young 20's males will do the same thing regardless of her relationship status. THEREFORE, i NEVER get mad at the guy as I feel like it is hypocritical and the easy way out. Take it up with your b!tch and if you dont like it and cant handle it, grow a damn pair and walk b/c you're not ready to be in that, or possibly any relationship.

Schrick 264/248 | Ebay Headers | AA dyno tune | SSR GT2 18x9 | 3.46 | Full OEM Mtech 2

My Fitness YouTube Channel!!! Thanks for all the support I am GRATEFUL

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCozwn8gNwXQVuG0se8cTpUQ
325rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #32
rpl

My Ride: 2002 330ci
^This.

OP, it sounds like you're either young, haven't been in many relationships, or both. I would guess that you haven't been in many relationships. Seriously, drop the attitude, grow some balls, get some confidence in yourself and KNOW that your girl is with you because she likes you. If she is going to leave you, she'll do it regardless. She's still with you, right? Treat her right, make her happy, and don't push her away with jealousy. Don't give her a REASON to leave you. Being jealous will not only embarrass you, but her even more so.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:40 AM   #33
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned

My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
Just bash skulls when guys talk to your girl. That's what I always want to do. Now no one texts her
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #34
DME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
this is the way i see it

I will hook up with any girl im attracted too mostly because I feel that teenaged and young 20's males will do the same thing regardless of her relationship status. THEREFORE, i NEVER get mad at the guy as I feel like it is hypocritical and the easy way out. Take it up with your b!tch and if you dont like it and cant handle it, grow a damn pair and walk b/c you're not ready to be in that, or possibly any relationship.

Quote:
^This.

OP, it sounds like you're either young, haven't been in many relationships, or both. I would guess that you haven't been in many relationships. Seriously, drop the attitude, grow some balls, get some confidence in yourself and KNOW that your girl is with you because she likes you. If she is going to leave you, she'll do it regardless. She's still with you, right? Treat her right, make her happy, and don't push her away with jealousy. Don't give her a REASON to leave you. Being jealous will not only embarrass you, but her even more so.
I am young, but have been in quite a few relationships. Some lasting months, some years.

I understand it is an immature feeling. She is with me and I have to accept that and no be intimidated by other guys' approaches. Like I said, we talked about it and I'm going to work on it. Everything else about or relationship is great, and the communication really made my problem a lot easier to solve.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 06-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #35
hudatder

My Ride: 2001 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol. View Post
Just bash skulls when guys talk to your girl. That's what I always want to do. Now no one texts her
lol I've tried it, the relationship afterwards slowly goes down the hole because now u have made yourself look like a psycho.

Quote:

I am young, but have been in quite a few relationships. Some lasting months, some years.

I understand it is an immature feeling. She is with me and I have to accept that and no be intimidated by other guys' approaches. Like I said, we talked about it and I'm going to work on it. Everything else about or relationship is great, and the communication really made my problem a lot easier to solve.
I dont believe that it is an immature feeling. Alot of guys dont JUST want to be FRIENDS, they are after something more than that most of the time and its true. Unless the guy has been friends with the girl for more than 3 years and hanging out is nothing but hanging out. But my point is, Trust your girl, but don't be completely ignorant to what is going on when she hangs out with guys. Nothing sucks more than to trust your girl with 100% and have blind faith in her and then have your nuts smashed into bits when you aren't looking. It does happen and its very real. It also goes the other way too.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #36
E46Msex

My Ride: 135i ///M
Quote:
Dude I feel exactly the same but I try not to show it. The problem is exactly what you said. They don't care she has a bf. My gf always says "they know I have a bf" and I'm like listen, guys don't give a sh1t. They'll do anything they can to get with you. She hates that because I basically tell her no guy just wants to be her friend. Especially if they are coming around after we started dating. Guys she's friends with before me I can deal with. But she honestly doesn't need to add any new guys to her phone book unless they're my friend too or a work acquaintance or something along those lines. That may sound like a d1ckhead thing but it makes sense and I think you can agree.

Good topic btw. Too bad it's in loveline where no one checks.
i know what you mean lol

Mod list:

-Weighted zhp shift knob
-Black grills
-M6 reps rims
E46Msex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 AM   #37
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
is it not the fact that you know that your girl wont cheat, but the fact that you think she is that little bit ditzy enough to not know whats going on and be taken advantage of?

also that teamed with the fact that you see all guys as a shadow of you and what you would do when you find a cute girl with personality could be whats bothering you, but dont worry... most other guys are dumbasses who couldnt hold a conversation as long as they could hold a small car
Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 AM   #38
syl3ntforce

My Ride: E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to syl3ntforce
lmao this situation just happened to me i was talking to this girl and i texted her yesterday but her b/f had her phone and he started saying i shouldnt be texting her because she has a man i was dying of laughter but i just said whatever it doesnt matter i couldve simply started saying alot of things but i decided to just be a man and left it as it was.....even though he told me to stop talking to her i dont think that will happen

318i>328i>328i>EK Civic SI>328ci>328xi>E46 M3

syl3ntforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #39
DME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
is it not the fact that you know that your girl wont cheat, but the fact that you think she is that little bit ditzy enough to not know whats going on and be taken advantage of?
Its not that she's ditsy, it is that she is naive to a male's true intentions... most girls are. VERY rarely does a guy ask a girl to hang out just to hang out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
also that teamed with the fact that you see all guys as a shadow of you and what you would do when you find a cute girl with personality could be whats bothering you, but dont worry... most other guys are dumbasses who couldnt hold a conversation as long as they could hold a small car
I'm not intimidated by other guys at all, as egotistical as that may sound. I have a problem controlling my anger, topped with bad jealousy. Like you said, I just know the type of person I can be and I think the worst of other males, always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syl3ntforce View Post
lmao this situation just happened to me i was talking to this girl and i texted her yesterday but her b/f had her phone and he started saying i shouldnt be texting her because she has a man i was dying of laughter but i just said whatever it doesnt matter i couldve simply started saying alot of things but i decided to just be a man and left it as it was.....even though he told me to stop talking to her i dont think that will happen
I will never take my girls phone to tell some guy to leave her alone, Unless it became an issue. But I respect and trust my girl enough not to text some guy behind my back if I made it known it was bothering me.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 06-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #40
Stanc3

My Ride: 99' JB 328i
Quote:
I agree with you.

Quote:

Yes, I've been "that" guy as well. And I consider myself a good guy compared to a lot of my friends and other dudes based on the stories I hear.
I think the issue lies within here...

Quote:
^This.

+1, if your girl leaves you for some random dude at the bar, your doing something wrong!.

- Albert Einstein
- Chad

Last edited by Stanc3; 06-10-2010 at 07:05 AM.
Stanc3 is offline   Reply With Quote