E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Discussion about S54 E46 M3 Turbo cars all around the world.

I wanted to create a different thread regarding this since the "Official F/I check in. lets see where your from" got hijacked, my fault if that got off topic. Since im not a moderator i cannot move the posts however i will just quote all the posts that are about it.

I dont want this to get heated just a simple conversation that will hopefully open up some entertainment by pushing people to post proof of cars. Ive been hearing this and that about S54 E46 M3 turbo's out of the USA but never seen much proof at all.

It all started when 02PRUV from Australia started posting about Mertd's E46 M3 making 1200+whp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
Well I see you have 2 positions for turbocharged custom RHD lol. I'd say there is only two of us anyway and that's me and mertd.
Quote:
Mert is LHD custom twin turbo S54 makes 1225rwhp (on dyno dynamics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
oh the guy from turkey, is that thing for real?
Quote:
As much as people hang sh*t on him yes it's real and it makes more hp than anyone else on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
i'd imagine it would with another snail. so 1225? whats taza working with 900+?
Quote:
Yep he is running 2 x GT40 garrett's with something like 35psi boost. Can't keep a head down on it. Oh and to compare to US dyno figures 1225rwhp on a dyno dynamics would be 1400rwhp on a dynojet
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy316 View Post
the only problem with merts car is it doesnt drive on the street,dyno queen only.
Quote:
That's a personal thing. But there is no denying he makes some serious power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post
sorry for ot but did he ever post the dyno sheets?I remember back in the day when he was posting fake ones for his E36 projects...also every high hp car in the US is very well documented with dynos/videos so Mert has some proving to do if he wants the top hp spot
Quote:
Yes he has ages ago. But because everyone hassles him for his past mistakes which he admitted doing the wrong thing no one takes him serious. I can tell you now his car does make the power he says and it's a lot more power than any US car has ever done. There is guys in Europe that have done it too but probably cause of the language barrier they don't get on here. The power they are making they can't hold blocks together anymore and are looking at making billet blocks for them.

And I can tell you now a lot of supposedly massive hp M3's in the US don't make anywhere near the HP they say they do in the real world. But because people are so popular on here as soon as you call them out on it you just get flamed. So everyone that actually knows what's going on just learn to not say anything.

Like I have said before, just because it hasn't been done in the US doesn't mean it hasn't been done before.
Quote:
i sort of see your point, but what good is a car that you cant even drive?
Quote:
He could still drive it if he wanted too. You should see some dyno cars here. They have even gone to the extent of running a single geared box just for the dyno. Now that's a dyno queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Are you kidding me with this Mert stuff right now? Ive seen zero proof from his car, how do we even know his power is real? How do we know it even drives? We dont.. He could easily post here, he has plenty before.

Whats with the hatred on US cars? Do you know there are more S54's here making 700+whp then anywhere else in the world?

I could easily make more power on the dyno if i wanted to by simply turnin up the boost but have chosen not to. Ive DRIVEN my car on the streets (plenty of videos) with boost as high as 36psi (1100+whp). I dont think anyone with an S54 motor has done the same whether it be a different language or whatever. Its been turbocharged on the same setup (except for a turbo swap) for years now. And if you really want to think about it my car has been tuned in 1 day (couple hours), not played around with at a shop for months to make more power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
Mert is a joke, im with taza, Mert is all talk. 02PRUV Have you been to his home? have you seen his car with your eyes? you sound just like that guy on the MB forums that says his friend has a HPF 2.5 and runs 9's Hahaha

Ok so people give mert **** so he dont post? all he has to do is post a video for proof and he wouldnt get **** anymore, but yet he still doesnt.
Quote:
It's not a hatred on US cars, it's being annoyed with all you US guys acting like if it hasn't been done in the US it's never been done. That and all the dyno figures in the US are artifical. Take yours for example, you just said that it's made 1100whp on 36psi so that's about 1200hp at the motor. You have done that with the T76 turbo on your car that's just rated at 1000hp. If you really were making that sort of power you would of maxed that turbo out at around 900whp and it wouldn't have anymore in it. Interesting isn't it.

It doesn't matter that there is more in the US than anywhere else in the world. We all know the market is 10x bigger there than anywhere else. But that doesn't mean it hasn't been done else where and people have pushed them harder else where in the world. I have seel Mert's dyno sheets and yes he has done it. I have seen cars in the UK with S54 turbos put down 950+whp. I have heard of guys in Norway and Swedan making 800+whp. Savspeed have made good power. CA Automotive have made awesome power and done it with the DME (that everyone seems to ignore).
It's all been done else where and just because it hasn't been done in the US or posted on this website doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So there is no need to bag out Mert either just because he doesn't bother showing all the figures to all you US guys to get bagged out again.
Quote:
So now you want to bag out Mert and me. See why he doesn't bother coming on here now. He has sent me pics of his car and dyno sheets. I've seen the results. And they are more true than any US dyno figure I can tell you that.
Quote:
see you have "seen" dyno sheets can be fakes and mert likes to lie.....you HEARD of cars in norway blah blah blah he said she said. please stop now unless you have proof thanks.
Quote:
I do know how to read dyno sheets. And if you want info on others just go pic up any BMW performance mag from the UK. A lot of them end up in there.
Quote:
Turbo ratings are just an average, its not going to be anywhere near the same from car to car, 1 pound of boost doesnt always equal the same thing on everycar. the 60 trim thats used in the STS kits for the 6.0 GTO would push 8psi and give the gto 700rwhp.....so those ratings are just numbers, and varys alot between setups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Please be nice Jesse. Mert has done a lot with his car and deserves to be on the list. I do think someone should edit the hp numbers to what he showed on his dyno graph
Quote:
It's definitely hatred. Nobody is saying anything here about US vs the world except you. All dyno figures in USA are artificial? If that's not hatred filled then please define hatred for me. Its too bad the first true built S54 turbo motors were here.

I can care less what maximum hp is at this point, I actually drive my car and I damn well know it makes gobs of power efficiently.

Hmmm have you tried a PT76 GTS on your car? Do you know exactly what turbo is on my car?

Ofcourse it matters, it's the only place where there is an actual production turbo kit. For a turbo production kit to exist somewhere it must be proven reliable.

There is a reason why people doubt mert or run him off of forums. He might actually do the work but I've never seen proof of his running or not running S54. We all know turnig up the boost on the dyno isn't too hard.

We keep hearing about this stock ecu S54 turbo but we haven't seen anything about it. I'm not even doubting it but I would love to see some proof of it driving around.

Show us some 1/4 miles and vbox times of your so called crazy S54's. Videos? Anything? Make a new thread and show us!
All of a sudden you make up 950whp S54's now? You talk about artificial this and that but you then make up cars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
I don't think it's fair to say that all dyno figures stateside are artificial. We have dynojets, yes. But we also have mustangs, dyno dynamics, dynapacks, etc. ie Active and Technique Tuning use a mustang dyno. Mustang dynos do seem to read a bit lower and your sanctified dyno dynamics does read perhaps yet a bit lower.

I think that nitpicking over 100whp here and another 100whp there is just excessive. How about some more concrete performance numbers? Some mile trap speeds... or even some 1/4 or 60-130 if you guys manage to hook.

TaZa, it's great that you're a pioneer of the e46M turbo game. And as much as I admire your car, I don't think it's fair to conclusively say it was the first ever built turbo s54 or that it's the fastest. I'd love to see some real-world performance data from your car.

I think Mert can't be forgotten. Not until disproved... which I think he wont be. He has proven to himself and the world, namely this forum that he failed to deliver a production kit. I think Hung can testify. But otherwise, there's just a lot of talk against him. Nothing against his car. And a dyno dynamics in shootout should stand up here.

big ups to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
Mert has done a LOT of shady stuff. He has ripped of MANY people, some of which have posted here. He has promised people high horsepower cars, and delivered cars with half of the power he claimed they made. He has sold "kits" to people and sent only half the parts. The only thing we have seen from him are some dyno's, and if you put all your stock into a dyno from him and claim he now has a running high power s54, you need to re-evaluate what constitutes proof and real world results. Regardless, who cares if he is on the list, and why even waste time talking about him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
it is slightly ot to the thread, but it is kind of interesting if he has a faster car than anyone on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PTGSC View Post
After he beats Race MX 60-130 time then people might start taking him seriously....

Also like everybody else said i would like to see some 60-130 or 1/4 mile times of those 900+whp turbo M3's in Europe,or even some videos of them driving
I was born in Europe and still have many friends/family all over they are into cars too and they own some fast ones but other than E30/E36/E34 they never told me about high power E46 m3's...must be a top secret
Quote:
He seems to hate US performance BMW's with passion, i really dont know why. To call all of our dyno's artificial is completely disrespectful. I dont go around finding his posts and asking for proof (b/c weve never seen any). Also i have seen plenty of dynamics dyno's read high, its not a given that all read so low.

Thanks... Well I didnt say i was the first, i said the first was in the US, which is true. Also im not even saying its the fastest, theres plenty of very fast ones here in the US. Although i do think if my car hooks up then I should be able to break plenty of records. It just runs incredibly strong on the street..

Im waiting to get my BIG tires to fit so i can run some real boost 60-130 times. Also hoping to hit a mile run and 1/4 mile. So far ive ran a 6.80 with 91 oct, my lowest boost and horrible traction (letting off throttle mid run)... Thats far better then any euro S54 ive seen.

Really, i think its great he tries. However we see nothing but some dyno charts. No videos, we dont know if the car even can run part throttle! Theres a reason why there is so much talk against him.
Quote:
LMAO he doesn't...

Race MX's 60-130 time is an incredible achievement!

Definitely, lets at least see a video of these super powerful S54's that we dont know about even driving around with boost and an actual WOT full boost run. They can easily go on youtube (international public site ) that shows my car driving around with big boost as well.

No doubt they definitely have some crazy E30 and E36's. Hell, we have an E30 in the east coast here that runs a 9.26 1/4 mile! Lets see some footage and proof. I dont know why anyone with a 900whp S54 would have zero footage...
Quote:
Yeah that is totally correct. They aren't in E46 bodies. Mostly E30's but they are S54's which is what we are talking about. Not long ago there was a 950whp E30 S54 turbo in BMW performance mag in the UK. Was off tap. There is many like this over Europe. That and using 3.5l M5 6 cylinders making massive power. One even making 1400+whp.

The thing is you guys say a dyno dynamics reads low in the US compared to your other dynos. Well get this, I have spoken to dyno dynamics here about it and they re-write there software to read higher than dynos they sell everywhere else in the world because they say that if they left it the same as everywhere else they wouldn't even sell one dyno in the US because ever other dyno there reads so much higher. So think what the real difference is between the US and the rest of the world. That's why I said it's pretty artifical compared to elsewhere.

I have no hatred for what AA did to your car at all. They do great work. What annoys me is that you can't respect that it's all been done elsewhere. Yes Mert has done the wrong thing in the past and he admits to that. Great he isn't a good businessman. I think that people will agree with. What I want is people to respect that what he has done to his car is a massive achievement. Even Chris (HPF) doing as a business can respect it. I'm sure you could if you open your eyes.

Not the fastest car on here just the most HP of anyone on here.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:

That's it and it's driving. So that makes it so much more real than me just telling you.
Quote:
PROOF PROOF PROOF

Its sad to hear you discredit all US cars because our dyno's "read high" compared to yours. This is not proven as well, all speculation. A 5.6 60-130 time does not lie.. Nor does my 6.8 60-130 time on 17psi and 91 oct. I dont even care about dyno's at this point. As i see it the US cars have more proof with numbers rather then dyno's at this point.

Until i see Mert's car actually driving around showing big boost and part throttle driving I can care less what dyno chart he shows anyone. You seem like you know your stuff, again please open a new thread and give us proof of all these cars you speak of. Find some videos, we would all enjoy seeing them. Until then you can go on youtube and watch the countless number of HPF videos and my videos for proof. Check out my 30psi high gear speedo runs...
Quote:
Thats definitely a start right there. I never said it was impossible to get a turbo S54 running with decent power on a stock ECU. However for curious reason i ask... How much power does it make with what boost? How do we know its just on a stock ECU and nothing else added by just that video?

Again why just 1 video of 2 small runs? I would be well documenting this car if i had it...
Quote:
Not everyone has something to prove like you seem to do. So they aren't on here raving about it. Do you see me getting on here everyday going on about my car, no. And I actually built mine myself. I didn't pay someone to build it all up for me. I've been through trying it all with stock ecu, interceptor, 3 x aftermarket ecu's. Supercharged, nitrous, turbo all with stock motors and built motors. But still I don't get on here everyday and I only ever made one video of it on 5psi boost when I first got it going turboed. I've never even done a dyno video because I'm always stilling in the car tuning it myself. Does this mean from your logic that I haven't really done it all because I haven't really proved it. Please........

Also as far as I know CA Auto aren't a sponsor on here and would get kicked off talking about a car they built anyway. Plus there is no real market for them to sponsor on here anyway.

The least you could do is respect what others have done like Mert and maybe they would be more willing to come on and post some more info.
Quote:
How about do a real 60-130 run instead of driving through it to make it more compareable. drive along hold 60 and then hit the throttle. Not try and get the biggest launch you can from a standing start and keep holding it through 60-130. Do it on pump fuel with full treaded street tyres and I would be happy to do the same. See what the real world difference is. And I bet there isn't much in it at all.

Last edited by TaZaM3; 06-08-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
HPFR3AK

My Ride: German
Send a message via AIM to HPFR3AK
LOL @ 02PRUV.....what a joker!

- Objects in the mirror are slower than they appear.
HPFR3AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:
Not everyone has something to prove like you seem to do. So they aren't on here raving about it. Do you see me getting on here everyday going on about my car, no. And I actually built mine myself. I didn't pay someone to build it all up for me. I've been through trying it all with stock ecu, interceptor, 3 x aftermarket ecu's. Supercharged, nitrous, turbo all with stock motors and built motors. But still I don't get on here everyday and I only ever made one video of it on 5psi boost when I first got it going turboed. I've never even done a dyno video because I'm always stilling in the car tuning it myself. Does this mean from your logic that I haven't really done it all because I haven't really proved it. Please........

Also as far as I know CA Auto aren't a sponsor on here and would get kicked off talking about a car they built anyway. Plus there is no real market for them to sponsor on here anyway.

The least you could do is respect what others have done like Mert and maybe they would be more willing to come on and post some more info.
Something to prove? No... I post to show people what a E46 M3 can do, i was the only one out there going against the Audi guys when they were all making fun of BMW's here. As you should recall i was supercharged back then. So now b/c i didnt build my motor and wire up my AEM personally, its not right to post about it? Good for you, you did lots of work on your car yourself, nobody is talking down about your car like you keep doing to ALL US cars, especially mine.

Let me ask a question, if im not posting then nobody else should be posting about their cars. Then what would happen to this forum? Why are you here? Is it nice to show your car and look at others? I have always commended your setup, but now I realize you have no respect for mine or any of the US performance vehicles. You are on Mert's side simply b/c he is not in the US and you want someone to outdo cars in the US. Well its not working because we have no proof of mert's car. Maybe this will push him to make some videos...

Ive had plenty of respect to other performance cars. Ive had my share of competition with HPF in the beginning when we were battling with HP numbers but I have uttermost respect for them. Ive never said anything bad about your car at all. Ive even tried pushing mert before to show us more. I respect his attempt as well, but we definitely need more proof. His car can only run WOT for all i care. It can be running nitrous (something i can easily do for a dyno), how do we know it drives on the street. You just said he cant hold his head down, so whats the point?

Quote:
How about do a real 60-130 run instead of driving through it to make it more compareable. drive along hold 60 and then hit the throttle. Not try and get the biggest launch you can from a standing start and keep holding it through 60-130. Do it on pump fuel with full treaded street tyres and I would be happy to do the same. See what the real world difference is. And I bet there isn't much in it at all.
Really? I actually started at 55mph and my car didn't get going until past 60mph (turbo lag). Thats not rolling through it.. If you want i can find my full graph and show you what mph i started at. I definitely did not roll through it. So again thanks for trying to discredit my car. I already did this with 5 year old Michelin PS2 tires on 17psi boost with straight 91 octane fuel (no meth, didnt have it even installed). Bet your car wont even run right with 91 oct.. You cant beat that 6.8 time even though i completely let off of throttle and went back on it. Thats half my boost... When i put on my tires and run a 60-130 time with 34psi what do you think will happen?

At least i have data, wheres yours or your friends so called 1200whp M3 data?

Last edited by TaZaM3; 06-08-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #5
oxbow

My Ride: M3

E46 M3 HPF Stage-2... only one in Sweden?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-MYDsUgqNQ (pump gas clip)

Me vs Gallardo Superleggera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyf0IUg4jHE
oxbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxbow View Post
Thank you for the video! I think ive seen that one. Awhile ago i was watching savspeed turbo videos and was impressed. They definitely started early on it as well. I would love to see what their kit produces as numbers. If they have a stg 1, 2 or 3 and what boost HP levels they have. I have however heard some rumors about the quality of their kit.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
02PRUV

My Ride: E46 M3 Turbo
Actually I don't care if your car is from the US or Timbuktu what I was trying to get at was a lot of the US guys including yourself seem to take the attitude of "if it's not been done in the US it doesn't count". And all of us outside the US know this is a typical American attitude and all I was originally getting at is have some respect for what others including Mert have done and maybe these people would be more likely to post up on here.

Then you come back with prove it? That's a bit hard when I don't document everything I see and as I was saying I don't even prove my own car like you were asking for so you saying I've never done it? It's the same thing really. After all it's not like you have posted up anything much of your car doing anything since it was turboed years ago. You use to post up more from when it was supercharged.

As far as the 60-130 thing goes maybe I got the wrong impression of how you guys were doing it. Because others made it sound like they were starting at 0 and driving through the 60-130 to get the time. I don't know if that's what they were doing or not and you do it right but maybe some better explanation from you or even a video of the whole thing would give a better picture of what's going on.

And get this hatred thing out of your head cause all I was trying to get at was we all know US dynos read a lot higher than the rest of the world and in you knowing this it makes Mert's effort look even greater. And that was my whole point. If anything you should respect Mert's effort of even getting two big turbos under the bonnet. That's a big effort without the car even running let alone how the hell he is going to keep the head on it.

BMW E46 M3 Turbo 570rwhp @18psi (old setup)
BMW E46 M3 LSX 427ci 800hp N/A
Ultima GTR LSX 440ci 800hp N/A
VY SS Ute Turbo 1004.6rwhp @ 28psi E85
Ford Escort Mk2 2JZGTE 600rwhp @14 psi
04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
ISUZU FZR550 tilt tray (GT35 Turbo)

Last edited by 02PRUV; 06-08-2010 at 01:12 PM.
02PRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
02PRUV

Quote:
Thank you for the video! I think ive seen that one. Awhile ago i was watching savspeed turbo videos and was impressed. They definitely started early on it as well. I would love to see what their kit produces as numbers. If they have a stg 1, 2 or 3 and what boost HP levels they have. I have however heard some rumors about the quality of their kit.

They don't have much info around the place. The only stats are 350wkw (469whp) @ 14psi. No stages. Built motor.

04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
Old 06-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:
Actually I don't care if your car is from the US or Timbuktu what I was trying to get at was a lot of the US guys including yourself seem to take the attitude of "if it's not been done in the US it doesn't count". And all of us outside the US know this is a typical American attitude and all I was originally getting at is have some respect for what others including Mert have done and maybe these people would be more likely to post up on here.
Come on, when have I ever posted stuff about US vs others? Ive never said anything like that, if I have and you took it the wrong way then my bad. Ive given respect where its due, example HPF... I have even congratulated mert before but we need more real actual proof of his car.

Wheres your respect for us? You seem to not show any. You took several shots at my car for no reason. I wasnt even going to post my highest dyno because i dont care about dyno numbers much anymore but decided to in a very simple thread i created. After that i didnt care to say much, i just want to get the car setup to run some numbers to show people what this car has...

Quote:
Then you come back with prove it? That's a bit hard when I don't document everything I see and as I was saying I don't even prove my own car like you were asking for so you saying I've never done it? It's the same thing really. After all it's not like you have posted up anything much of your car doing anything since it was turboed years ago. You use to post up more from when it was supercharged.
I never said you havent done anything. I dont understand where all your rage about this topic is coming from. People have respect for you here and have acknowledged your car!

I have actually posted lots of information of my turbo setup. Ive lost interest several times and have gotten back to, so that is 1 thing your right about. However, go look at my threads and information. Ive made plenty of videos, speedo runs, 60-130 vbox runs, dynos, pictures, actual street driving, plenty of people have seen it etc..

Quote:
As far as the 60-130 thing goes maybe I got the wrong impression of how you guys were doing it. Because others made it sound like they were starting at 0 and driving through the 60-130 to get the time. I don't know if that's what they were doing or not and you do it right but maybe some better explanation from you or even a video of the whole thing would give a better picture of what's going on.
Some people do it like that but some do not. I will make a video once i get my car settled (lots of stuff going on to prep it). I prefer a standing start which will start a couple mph below 60mph. You need to start below 60 for an accurate number.

Do you have a vbox? Can you start pushing some international guys to start recording times for us?

Quote:
And get this hatred thing out of your head cause all I was trying to get at was we all know US dynos read a lot higher than the rest of the world and in you knowing this it makes Mert's effort look even greater. And that was my whole point. If anything you should respect Mert's effort of even getting two big turbos under the bonnet. That's a big effort without the car even running let alone how the hell he is going to keep the head on it.
No we dont know US dynos read higher. This is where you are wrong, you are discrediting all of our cars because you need to somehow make out of the US cars look better. How do we know "euro" numbers don't read higher? We h ave vbox times, do you? We have 1/4 mile times do you? And when i mean do you, i mean all the S54 cars you mentioned. So as far as im concerned we have far more real numbers. I dont even care about dynos at this point.

Definitely acknowledge merts efforts for putting 2 big sized turbos under there. Now i want to give him more acknowledgment for driving it around, pushing it hard full boost runs, partial street driving etc...
Old 06-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Also how do you like your turbosmart boost controller? Where did you mount it?

Last edited by TaZaM3; 06-08-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
02PRUV

That was my whole point which looks like it's getting across is everyone should be acknowledged for their efforts including Mert. Even if they haven't plastered info everywhere. I was only having a dig at you cause that's what you were dishing out about Mert's car. His effort is big regardless of if it's only good on a dyno.

04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
02PRUV

Quote:
Also how do you like your turbosmart boost controller? Where did you mount it?
I have the ATI pods. It's in one of those since it's a gauge and controller in one. And as far as i'm concerned it's the best controller on the market. And I used a lot of them.

04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
Old 06-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #13
djbardia

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe
Off topic but I just drove the new Audi A6 and the BMW 535i. These are 2011s mind you. On a clover off the freeway, the Audi felt like it was gonna flip. An absolute, POS. The 535 was on rails. Acceleration, handling, brakes, blew Audi away. If it wasn't for the Audi logo on the steering wheel, I could swear I was in a Volkswagen... I can't believe people buy these garbage cars,

Don't let me start on the E350 or the GS...
djbardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #14
funkboy316

My Ride: 2003 M3 vert

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mert1gd2.jpg
Views:	1465
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	363135   Click image for larger version

Name:	mert2ci0.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	363136  

2003 TiAg HPF stage 2.5 SMG M3 vert
funkboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
02PRUV

I wish I had a dyno in my back shed though. Would save me lots of time and money

04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
Old 06-08-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

Quote:
I wish I had a dyno in my back shed though. Would save me lots of time and money
Me too, I would have 2000whp by now.

Did Mert use nitrous?

Last edited by TaZaM3; 06-08-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #17
funkboy316

My Ride: 2003 M3 vert
Quote:

Did Mert use nitrous?

holy rats nest of wiring!

2003 TiAg HPF stage 2.5 SMG M3 vert
funkboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
02PRUV

Quote:

Did Mert use nitrous?

not yet.

04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
02PRUV

Quote:
holy rats nest of wiring!
You do know that is a pic of him working on it right? It's not a finished pic.

04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
Old 06-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
lutzperformance
Lutz Performance-FL BMW F/I

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3, 04 Z06
Send a message via AIM to lutzperformance