E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #21
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,940
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
not yet.
Can you post his dyno for the world to see? How do you know it wasn't using nitrous? Also why is he even adding nitrous?
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
funkboy316
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: san antonio texas
Posts: 1,268
My Ride: 2003 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Can you post his dyno for the world to see? How do you know it wasn't using nitrous? Also why is he even adding nitrous?
the ONLY dyno he has ever posted was one that he claimed 4 digits and it was 700ish pure dynodynamics. i'll dig it up
*edit*
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...72&postcount=5

in the same thread he claims to again have made over 1000whp with no proof. he can only prove that he can make 700ish
__________________

2003 TiAg HPF stage 2.5 SMG M3 vert

Last edited by funkboy316; 06-08-2010 at 05:50 PM.
funkboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #23
[phoenx]
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RSWD, CA
Posts: 246
My Ride: 2006 M3
Somebody's working on a rear mount setup over at m3forum.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...t=turbo&page=2

Found this video too. It says its an m52 powered not sure but interesting nonetheless.

[phoenx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #24
zasada518
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CT&RUTLAND!
Posts: 431
My Ride: 2001 325i
Send a message via AIM to zasada518
mert is a joke. seriously. this pruv guy isn't much better either. defending him without any shred of evidence. if your so dead set on proving us wrong and helping him out why not tell him to get on here with a dyno chart and some videos
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDog View Post
Cliffs: Sharted in my pants.
CTEUROTRASH
zasada518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #25
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,940
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy316 View Post
the ONLY dyno he has ever posted was one that he claimed 4 digits and it was 700ish pure dynodynamics. i'll dig it up
*edit*
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...72&postcount=5

in the same thread he claims to again have made over 1000whp with no proof. he can only prove that he can make 700ish
I saw that awhile back, at least he showed something, however a video would be MUCH better. Would love to see driveability and some full boost runs. Also that must be the laggiest setup ive ever seen, so much for tiwn turbo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [phoenx] View Post
Somebody's working on a rear mount setup over at m3forum.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...t=turbo&page=2

Found this video too. It says its an m52 powered not sure but interesting nonetheless.

I posted a thread over here about that rear turbo setup as well.

Thats definitely not an S54 but pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zasada518 View Post
mert is a joke. seriously. this pruv guy isn't much better either. defending him without any shred of evidence. if your so dead set on proving us wrong and helping him out why not tell him to get on here with a dyno chart and some videos

Seiously! I think he is only backing up Mert to this point because he wants someone to beat on any US car.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #26
02PRUV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,803
My Ride: E46 M3 Turbo
That dyno sheet of his was only 16psi. Pretty good power for that boost.

I told you I don't care if the US has quicker/higher hp cars or not I just want you guys to respect what's done outside the US as well. And Mert's is a killa effort. 700hp on 16psi that he has posted public already that's a big effort. I only see 500hp on 14psi on the same dyno.
__________________
Rides:

BMW E46 M3 Turbo 570rwhp @18psi (old setup)
BMW E46 M3 LSX 427ci 800hp N/A
Ultima GTR LSX 440ci 800hp N/A
VY SS Ute Turbo 1004.6rwhp @ 28psi E85
Ford Escort Mk2 2JZGTE 600rwhp @14 psi
04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
ISUZU FZR550 tilt tray (GT35 Turbo)
02PRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #27
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,940
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
That dyno sheet of his was only 16psi. Pretty good power for that boost.

I told you I don't care if the US has quicker/higher hp cars or not I just want you guys to respect what's done outside the US as well. And Mert's is a killa effort. 700hp on 16psi that he has posted public already that's a big effort. I only see 500hp on 14psi on the same dyno.
I noticed his numbers with no proof really. Race gas? I would hope 2 big turbos creating that much lag would make big peak numbers with not much boost.

My 6.8 60-130 time with traction limitations show about 650+whp. That's on 91 octane and 17psi. And that's not a dyno number you can deny or discredit.

I hope the next topic is not about US having artificial vbox times.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #28
funkboy316
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: san antonio texas
Posts: 1,268
My Ride: 2003 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
That dyno sheet of his was only 16psi. Pretty good power for that boost.

I told you I don't care if the US has quicker/higher hp cars or not I just want you guys to respect what's done outside the US as well. And Mert's is a killa effort. 700hp on 16psi that he has posted public already that's a big effort. I only see 500hp on 14psi on the same dyno.
actually he said it was a 18psi dynograph.
__________________

2003 TiAg HPF stage 2.5 SMG M3 vert
funkboy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #29
Dreikraft
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alaska :(
Posts: 692
My Ride: slow m3
02PRUV, i don't have anything against putting mert on the list, but you said he put down 1250rhwp on a dd, 700rwhp is closer to half of that so that should be corrected.
BTW, i'm just amazed so many other countries are active in pushing the s54 capabilities, i'm sure alot of people are like me and are in the dark about what other tuners are doing abroad with the e46.
i get excited whenever i hear someone i know bought an e46, doesn't matter if its a m3 or not i just like the e46. and then they climb another rung whenever i hear they're planning on turbo/SCing their e46, which is why i thought mspired's FI list would give alot of that brand animosity and loyalty a chance to subside because you get to see who all is boosting their e46 in your neighborhood.
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #30
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,940
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy316 View Post
actually he said it was a 18psi dynograph.
Agreed, its actually almost 19psi if you really look at it, so i dont know why Pruv is stating INCORRECT psi numbers.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #31
02PRUV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,803
My Ride: E46 M3 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Agreed, its actually almost 19psi if you really look at it, so i dont know why Pruv is stating INCORRECT psi numbers.
Sorry your right 18psi
__________________
Rides:

BMW E46 M3 Turbo 570rwhp @18psi (old setup)
BMW E46 M3 LSX 427ci 800hp N/A
Ultima GTR LSX 440ci 800hp N/A
VY SS Ute Turbo 1004.6rwhp @ 28psi E85
Ford Escort Mk2 2JZGTE 600rwhp @14 psi
04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
ISUZU FZR550 tilt tray (GT35 Turbo)
02PRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #32
02PRUV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,803
My Ride: E46 M3 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
02PRUV, i don't have anything against putting mert on the list, but you said he put down 1250rhwp on a dd, 700rwhp is closer to half of that so that should be corrected.
BTW, i'm just amazed so many other countries are active in pushing the s54 capabilities, i'm sure alot of people are like me and are in the dark about what other tuners are doing abroad with the e46.
i get excited whenever i hear someone i know bought an e46, doesn't matter if its a m3 or not i just like the e46. and then they climb another rung whenever i hear they're planning on turbo/SCing their e46, which is why i thought mspired's FI list would give alot of that brand animosity and loyalty a chance to subside because you get to see who all is boosting their e46 in your neighborhood.
Yeah I agree it's a better list to have all F/I instead of just HPF. I'll see if I can get Mert's high boost dyno sheet and post it up.
__________________
Rides:

BMW E46 M3 Turbo 570rwhp @18psi (old setup)
BMW E46 M3 LSX 427ci 800hp N/A
Ultima GTR LSX 440ci 800hp N/A
VY SS Ute Turbo 1004.6rwhp @ 28psi E85
Ford Escort Mk2 2JZGTE 600rwhp @14 psi
04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
ISUZU FZR550 tilt tray (GT35 Turbo)
02PRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #33
Providence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Turkey
Posts: 307
My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence



this is mert runing with a 1000rr , dont know the specs of the bike ,mert has 3.15 final gear ratio
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #34
[phoenx]
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: RSWD, CA
Posts: 246
My Ride: 2006 M3
Any of you guys go over m3forum and remember the guy that was selling a twin turbo setup? I'll dig up the thread. I think it was Mert's setup and the guy was from here in the U.S.

edit: Found it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ozleyece.../0/5HejRHG6nwk

here's the for sale thread: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...win+turbo+mert

Last edited by [phoenx]; 06-09-2010 at 12:03 PM.
[phoenx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #35
SoCalTTZ06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: sherman oaks
Posts: 95
My Ride: ZO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PRUV View Post
Actually I don't care if your car is from the US or Timbuktu what I was trying to get at was a lot of the US guys including yourself seem to take the attitude of "if it's not been done in the US it doesn't count". And all of us outside the US know this is a typical American attitude and all I was originally getting at is have some respect for what others including Mert have done and maybe these people would be more likely to post up on here.

Then you come back with prove it? That's a bit hard when I don't document everything I see and as I was saying I don't even prove my own car like you were asking for so you saying I've never done it? It's the same thing really. After all it's not like you have posted up anything much of your car doing anything since it was turboed years ago. You use to post up more from when it was supercharged.

As far as the 60-130 thing goes maybe I got the wrong impression of how you guys were doing it. Because others made it sound like they were starting at 0 and driving through the 60-130 to get the time. I don't know if that's what they were doing or not and you do it right but maybe some better explanation from you or even a video of the whole thing would give a better picture of what's going on.

And get this hatred thing out of your head cause all I was trying to get at was we all know US dynos read a lot higher than the rest of the world and in you knowing this it makes Mert's effort look even greater. And that was my whole point. If anything you should respect Mert's effort of even getting two big turbos under the bonnet. That's a big effort without the car even running let alone how the hell he is going to keep the head on it.
Call me whatever you want USA or bust .....lol ... that has nothing to do with me owning a corvette ;-)
SoCalTTZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #36
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,940
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post



this is mert runing with a 1000rr , dont know the specs of the bike ,mert has 3.15 final gear ratio
Great post and find! I know you are nearby him, why dont you race him with your HPF stg 3?

Here is another video of mert's car, these are the first ive ever seen the car running, which is great!




In the video you see a graph from a vbox run, i cant make much of it but we know for a fact he should have vbox data. Providence see if you can get some files from him. Tell him to send a 60-130mph or 96-209kph vbox run. This way people can start respecting him more..

Edit: Trying to make out the vbox graph he has on the video. Im prob wrong but this is what i can sort of discover from looking at it (its blurry)... 82-150mph : 7.26 sec which is definitely quick, however I cant compare it to much because not many people record a run to 150mph. I will try to dig something up.

Last edited by TaZaM3; 06-09-2010 at 12:51 PM.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #37
F360C
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 695
My Ride: 3er Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post



this is mert runing with a 1000rr , dont know the specs of the bike ,mert has 3.15 final gear ratio
Is it just me or does it look like he is shifting a 6speed but he has SMG paddles on the steering wheel. Either way not bad running with a gixxer1000!

Remember back in the day when mert was supposed to be making that 330ci turbo kit for that forum member on here?
__________________

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
306rwhp/241rwtq (Mustang Dyno)
F360C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #38
Providence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Turkey
Posts: 307
My Ride: HPF Stage 3 m3
Send a message via MSN to Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Great post and find! I know you are nearby him, why dont you race him with your HPF stg 3?

Here is another video of mert's car, these are the first ive ever seen the car running, which is great!




In the video you see a graph from a vbox run, i cant make much of it but we know for a fact he should have vbox data. Providence see if you can get some files from him. Tell him to send a 60-130mph or 96-209kph vbox run. This way people can start respecting him more..

Edit: Trying to make out the vbox graph he has on the video. Im prob wrong but this is what i can sort of discover from looking at it (its blurry)... 82-150mph : 7.26 sec which is definitely quick, however I cant compare it to much because not many people record a run to 150mph. I will try to dig something up.
Well I will ask him about his latest vbox files and since he is having the car painted atm I cant race him for awhile , he has some plans about going back to smg etc , his car was born as a smg but he got it converted to 6speed manual and now he wants to go back to smg again and he is deciding on the turbo setup again . And I am also upgrading to the new billet turbo in a week or so and I got my car in the shop so racing him atm is not possible but I will try to get u the files
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #39
02PRUV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,803
My Ride: E46 M3 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Great post and find! I know you are nearby him, why dont you race him with your HPF stg 3?

Here is another video of mert's car, these are the first ive ever seen the car running, which is great!




In the video you see a graph from a vbox run, i cant make much of it but we know for a fact he should have vbox data. Providence see if you can get some files from him. Tell him to send a 60-130mph or 96-209kph vbox run. This way people can start respecting him more..

Edit: Trying to make out the vbox graph he has on the video. Im prob wrong but this is what i can sort of discover from looking at it (its blurry)... 82-150mph : 7.26 sec which is definitely quick, however I cant compare it to much because not many people record a run to 150mph. I will try to dig something up.
Now you see what I was talking about. Mert has video's and data but doesn't come on here anymore cause of everyone bagging him out. But he deserves respect for this build and that's what's needed so people like him come back to the forums and post up these serious builds.
__________________
Rides:

BMW E46 M3 Turbo 570rwhp @18psi (old setup)
BMW E46 M3 LSX 427ci 800hp N/A
Ultima GTR LSX 440ci 800hp N/A
VY SS Ute Turbo 1004.6rwhp @ 28psi E85
Ford Escort Mk2 2JZGTE 600rwhp @14 psi
04 Yamaha R1 154.3rwhp
ISUZU FZR550 tilt tray (GT35 Turbo)
02PRUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #40
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Cali
Posts: 5,940
My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
Well I will ask him about his latest vbox files and since he is having the car painted atm I cant race him for awhile , he has some plans about going back to smg etc , his car was born as a smg but he got it converted to 6speed manual and now he wants to go back to smg again and he is deciding on the turbo setup again . And I am also upgrading to the new billet turbo in a week or so and I got my car in the shop so racing him atm is not possible but I will try to get u the files
Awesome man, thanks for trying. Definitely helping the community find out more info.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use