E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
momo_1227

My Ride: 1999 Bmw 328i
TURBO CHARGED a 323i, need someone to TUNE the ECU.

Hey guy's, i havn't been on the site in a while. wondering if anyone can be of some assistance. My buddy and i decided to turbo charged his 323i. after about a month of shoe horning everything under the hood it's time to get it tuned. everything bolted up(with lots of customizing lol) and is tight from oil feed/drain lines to the front mount intercooler. looks like sex if u ask me! Anyways we are having a bit of trouble getting it tuned properly. we sent the ecu out to get programmed by a company in the states (not too sure of the name, my buddy knows). Apparently they are having trouble gettin the mass air flow curve among other things to stay within the 5v reference is was designed with. I'm not too knowledgeable about tuning the stock ecu, i know it's suppose to be really hard on our e46's. Does anyone know of any reputable performance shops (U.S. or Canada, doesn't matter) that tunes bmw e46's ecu's. P.S. The people we are dealing with now said that they have a guy who does strictly bmw tuning, and even he's unable to figure out how to tune it properly. THX for the help ahead of time guy's, much appreciated!
momo_1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
momo_1227

My Ride: 1999 Bmw 328i
Also the car did start and ran with the stock ecu tune after we installed the TURBO and bigger injectors!! no lights on the dash either.
momo_1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
paraklas

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
You should talk to NickG @ Technique Tuning, can't think of anybody else
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
Another BM

My Ride: 330ci
Mark D in toronto..

you can find him on maxbimmer.com
Old 06-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo_1227 View Post
Also the car did start and ran with the stock ecu tune after we installed the TURBO and bigger injectors!! no lights on the dash either.
What do you mean? You were able to run on low boost safely with no tune?
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #6
Justin@SharkInjectorDirect
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: Many Cars
It sounds to me like you pieced together a turbo system, and now you are trying to find a generic turbo tune.

The problem you are going to run in to is finding someone who is willing to put their reputation on the line. I don't think Nick would touch this with a ten foot pole, I sure as hell know I wouldnt.

What you NEED to do is find someone who can tune it, and put it on the dyno for tuning. Anything short of that runs a VERY HIGH RISK of scattering the motor.
Justin@SharkInjectorDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another BM View Post
Mark D in toronto..

you can find him on maxbimmer.com
+ a gazillion billion trillion

Mark D is a fvcking genius. Find him on maXbimmer.com and he'll be glad to help you.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725

Last edited by Blocked Out; 06-08-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote