E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
trizzuth

My Ride: 216k, 15yr old B3AST
Alaska Shows

Someone help me, I am an addict. All I can do anymore is sit on the couch at night and watch hours of various Alaska shows, as if I'm real-life prepping to move there with my wife and kids and am taking mental notes on how to survive via the subsistence lifestyle and navigate the wilderness with my own dog sled team fed with fresh salmon gathered from the Yukon river by my hand made Fish Wheel.

Now all the rest of you that have the same addiction can come here to the safe Alaska Show Haven. Brush up on your survival skills, learn how to properly skin and break down a Black Bear, and how to re-use things that have been re-used already 100 times over for some new purpose.

Here are just a few of the drugs in my Alaska Syringe:
Alaska the Last Frontier
Yukon Men
Gold Rush
Life Below Zero
The Last Alaskans
Bearing Sea Gold
Deadliest Catch
Ultimate Survival Alaska
Ice Road Truckers
Out of the Wild
Buying Alaska
Edge of Alaska
Alaska State Troopers

discuss
Old 01-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.

My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
I love alaska state troopers. Shows how dangerous it is out there and how the way of living is (such as alcohol being banned in certain areas, wildlife, etc)
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #3
trizzuth

Damn, forgot to mention Alaska Bush People too, not one of my favs, but for some reason I am intrigued by the hick family and what the hell they keep doing to stay alive and barter for stuff. During the last few episodes, the father of the family had to go to a hospital, so the entire family went, cause that's how bush people roll. Left cabin boarded up, with boards and nails covering all windows and doors. Came back and a bear had straight up demolished the place, Just pulled with paws on boards and snapped em out like twigs, went all up inside there and and literally touched every single inch of the place, ate all food and took a sh*t right in the middle of the floor. Even went upstairs and did the same there too. They were not happy when they came back. Then they had to leave again and same thing happened, lol. You'd think you would have learned your lesson the first time and thought of something else to keep them out!
Old 01-29-2016, 11:24 AM   #4
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher
https://www.adn.com/article/20160128...aska-or-hawaii

Pheasants
bagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
brew

My Ride: F150 X5 MR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
Damn, forgot to mention Alaska Bush People too, not one of my favs, but for some reason I am intrigued by the hick family and what the hell they keep doing to stay alive and barter for stuff. During the last few episodes, the father of the family had to go to a hospital, so the entire family went, cause that's how bush people roll. Left cabin boarded up, with boards and nails covering all windows and doors. Came back and a bear had straight up demolished the place, Just pulled with paws on boards and snapped em out like twigs, went all up inside there and and literally touched every single inch of the place, ate all food and took a sh*t right in the middle of the floor. Even went upstairs and did the same there too. They were not happy when they came back. Then they had to leave again and same thing happened, lol. You'd think you would have learned your lesson the first time and thought of something else to keep them out!
http://www.inquisitr.com/2701049/ala...-fraud-scheme/

They're professional scammers.

Quote:
The Brown family arenít survivalists living off the land and away from society, as they have presented themselves to Alaskan Bush People producers or to viewers of the series. Instead, theyíre opportunists, leaching off of whatever community will open its arms to them. Thirty days in county lock up is far too lenient for a family that had successfully scammed the Alaskan people for more than five years. In fact, if The Discovery Channel hadnít come along, they certainly would have found a new scam to perpetuate.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2701049/ala...5vpbOqRj6Cx.99
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #6
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
I love me some Gold Rush.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:52 PM   #7
SuperFan86

My Ride: '14 Jeep GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I love me some Gold Rush.
Gold rush is great, but they are starting to lose me without the Dakota Boys. The dredge story line just isn't that entertaining and Todd continues to be a complete idiot.

Wish I knew what happened to the Turbo Trommel from season 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN
I was stayign at this one girls ass for what felt like 5 mins. My gil sadi what the fvck are you looking at. I said just thnking about how beautiful she was goign to look in her wedding dress. Road head for the win.
SuperFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
trizzuth

HA I did see that article about them taking money from the state they did not deserve. I think for the most part, Alaskans appreciate their land and state and this type of thing would just create more hatred for them, so pretty soon they will have no where to go. That's why their first house got burned down no doubt and why people came in the dark and started firing shots at them.

Gold rush is nuts. I am amazed that I still watch it after all these years when it's basically the same old plot. I do agree that the dredge story line took a turn for the worse this season, it was good last season, but when it doesn't turn up the amount of gold you'd expect from something that runs constantly, it doesn't seem like it is worth the money, time and effort, especially considering how much gold the others are pulling out of the ground in the same amount of time. Sure, it's cost effective, can be run even in the cold weather and takes the place of 10 pieces of different power equipment, but the cost you pay is that it's slow in comparison and cannot move nearly as much dirt as 3 rock trucks, 2 D10 dozers, 2 excavators and various front loaders.

Parker is an idiot. No one that is that bad at managing people should ever be in charge of something that can pull millions out of the ground. He lost Cheeseman who is obviously the best foreman in the entire Klondike with his impromptu solutions, and that burned him badly. Now he's about to lose everyone else important too, dumbass.

I guess i just keep hoping for piles and pile and gigantic nuggets, but it never comes. Let's not even talk about when they went south, I feel like I could have been spared that entire season of viewing. UG.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #9
brew

My Ride: F150 X5 MR2
Quote:
Gold rush is nuts. I am amazed that I still watch it after all these years when it's basically the same old plot. I do agree that the dredge story line took a turn for the worse this season, it was good last season, but when it doesn't turn up the amount of gold you'd expect from something that runs constantly, it doesn't seem like it is worth the money, time and effort, especially considering how much gold the others are pulling out of the ground in the same amount of time. Sure, it's cost effective, can be run even in the cold weather and takes the place of 10 pieces of different power equipment, but the cost you pay is that it's slow in comparison and cannot move nearly as much dirt as 3 rock trucks, 2 D10 dozers, 2 excavators and various front loaders.

Parker is an idiot. No one that is that bad at managing people should ever be in charge of something that can pull millions out of the ground. He lost Cheeseman who is obviously the best foreman in the entire Klondike with his impromptu solutions, and that burned him badly. Now he's about to lose everyone else important too, dumbass.

I guess i just keep hoping for piles and pile and gigantic nuggets, but it never comes. Let's not even talk about when they went south, I feel like I could have been spared that entire season of viewing. UG.
What really strikes me every time I see that show is how much effort and money is put into digging up what is essentially a worthless metal. Sure, gold has it's uses as a non-corroding conductor . . but it's real value is just that it's really scarce . . and people have universally decided that they will treat it as something valuable. Not much different than people who mine bitcoins by spending big money and using tons of electricity to endlessly crack useless equations.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post
Gold rush is great, but they are starting to lose me without the Dakota Boys. The dredge story line just isn't that entertaining and Todd continues to be a complete idiot.

I hated the Dakota boys but hate Tony more. He's just a pompous asshole who brings no value to anything. I wish they'd do a segment on the Dodge brothers who actually know what they're doing. They did a small bit on them last season and they were pulling piles of nuggets out of the ground all day long.

Parker is a dipshit. He seems to know what he's doing but is probably the most arrogant person on that show (and that's saying a lot for a punk ass kid). Also, he needs to get a new sweatshirt even though "ugly kid" is rather fitting.

I think it's awesome to see the scale of operation Todd has put together from pretty much nothing. And the bush fixes they create are really cool to see. I'm excited to see what happens the rest of this season.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:09 PM   #11
trizzuth

You guys notice that the Dakota boys are no longer part of the show right? Maybe they are listening to the fans finally.

Freddy Dodge is THE MAN. Could do an entire show on just him. Nuggets for days, only Klondike Wash Plant Builder around (basically every single wash plant used was made by him) and whenever it hits the fan and stuff is not working right, not moving enough gold, etc, they always call in Freddy for the fix.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #12
SonicBoom

My Ride: X3
Don't forget this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin's_Alaska

lol
SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 03:23 PM   #13
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post
Yeah, notice how that one was NOT on my list.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:32 PM   #14
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Someone help me, I am an addict. All I can do anymore is sit on the couch at night and watch hours of various Alaska shows, as if I'm real-life prepping to move there with my wife and kids and am taking mental notes on how to survive via the subsistence lifestyle and navigate the wilderness with my own dog sled team fed with fresh salmon gathered from the Yukon river by my hand made Fish Wheel.

Now all the rest of you that have the same addiction can come here to the safe Alaska Show Haven. Brush up on your survival skills, learn how to properly skin and break down a Black Bear, and how to re-use things that have been re-used already 100 times over for some new purpose.

Here are just a few of the drugs in my Alaska Syringe:
Alaska the Last Frontier
Yukon Men
Gold Rush
Life Below Zero
The Last Alaskans
Bearing Sea Gold
Deadliest Catch
Ultimate Survival Alaska
Ice Road Truckers
Out of the Wild
Buying Alaska
Edge of Alaska
Alaska State Troopers

discuss
Im with you...Gold Rush is my crack, I like deadliest catch (although I don't really watch it anymore), Alaska the last frontier is interesting, as well as Alaska State Troopers. IRT wasn't bad.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #15
ImPulSe

My Ride: Bentley GT
Alaska is full of crazy Russians.
ImPulSe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #16
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
life below zero is the one I like.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #17
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFan86 View Post

Parker is the only one making things remotely interesting. Love watching him kick Todd's ass. I get home really late friday nights, and it's my wind-down show.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #18
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
HA I did see that article about them taking money from the state they did not deserve. I think for the most part, Alaskans appreciate their land and state and this type of thing would just create more hatred for them, so pretty soon they will have no where to go. That's why their first house got burned down no doubt and why people came in the dark and started firing shots at them.

I disagree with him being an idiot...he's bad at managing people, but he knows what he's doing in terms of getting the yellow stuff out of the ground and getting sh!t done. Todd's the idiot. If it wasn't for Dave, Todd would be homeless.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:45 PM   #19
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
You guys notice that the Dakota boys are no longer part of the show right? Maybe they are listening to the fans finally.

Freddy Dodge is THE MAN. Could do an entire show on just him. Nuggets for days, only Klondike Wash Plant Builder around (basically every single wash plant used was made by him) and whenever it hits the fan and stuff is not working right, not moving enough gold, etc, they always call in Freddy for the fix.
Dakota boys left because they didn't get paid what they thought they should be paid by discovery.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:46 PM   #20
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
I hated the Dakota boys but hate Tony more. He's just a pompous asshole who brings no value to anything. I wish they'd do a segment on the Dodge brothers who actually know what they're doing. They did a small bit on them last season and they were pulling piles of nuggets out of the ground all day long.

Parker is a dipshit. He seems to know what he's doing but is probably the most arrogant person on that show (and that's saying a lot for a punk ass kid). Also, he needs to get a new sweatshirt even though "ugly kid" is rather fitting.

I think it's awesome to see the scale of operation Todd has put together from pretty much nothing. And the bush fixes they create are really cool to see. I'm excited to see what happens the rest of this season.
I thought that scene in the beginning of the season with Tony fvcking parker was a low blow, but I was quite happy when Parker had leverage with Cheeseman. I agree, I think the Dodge brothers would make for a great third team, but it seems their main business is building washplants.