E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 4.89 average.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #281
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,727
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
guys, im needing a new watch, well not needing, wanting. its been 5 years with my current, and tho nothing is wrong with her, im wondering about a suitable replacement.

i have a citizens Ti eco-drive chrono. Im rocking this one right now, but with a matching Ti band (cant find a pic)
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/BL5250-02L.asp

Anyway, i need the same features... no battery, 2 time zones, chronograph, MUST BE Ti, alarm optional.
price, id like to keep it around $500, but i can go a little above if its the right one.

any suggestions.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #282
Snik
OEM ///Member
 
Snik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Around SJ AFB, NC
Posts: 20,727
My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
here it is... found my old post.... should i just send it in and have it cleaned, refinished and tightened up, and just buy a more formal looking one so my gf will stop tripping when im in a suit. or get something else. honestly, i probably wont rock a formal watch, as i like the rugged look that contrasts the suit when im wearing it.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...4&postcount=64
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
^^^ do you spend all your free time on two wheels?
______________________________________
The Snikster posted sexy wiminz here
Do you ride a sportbike?
Do you have a question about Jamaica? Ask?
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #283
Gottalovethexi
Registered User
 
Gottalovethexi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 8,808
My Ride: 03 xi & 72 Bav
Send a message via AIM to Gottalovethexi
ive got a 1980's rolex gmt master that used to be my father's. love it

__________________
Gottalovethexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #284
AfghanScarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moreno Valley CA
Posts: 2,349
My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Somebody buy my Speedmaster! Link is in the sig, nothing beats the old school driving watch

__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 PM   #285
SDKmann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davenport/ Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,698
My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Somebody buy my Speedmaster! Link is in the sig, nothing beats the old school driving watch
You take payment in first born children and limbs correct? I have a left arm in really good condition that I could part with.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #286
fd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Mateo
Posts: 19
My Ride: 530, 2000 328i
Omega Planet Ocean XL 45 mm

Not me pictured


Want to get a Rolex Explorer... wheres the best price?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Casino_Royale_James_Bond_Omega3.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	369921   Click image for larger version

Name:	22005000.gif
Views:	131
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	369922   Click image for larger version

Name:	rolex_explorer_2010_watch.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	369923  
__________________
2004 BMW 530, 2005 BMW 745
I had a back hair problem. I solved it with the
Razorba
fd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 PM   #287
AfghanScarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moreno Valley CA
Posts: 2,349
My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
You take payment in first born children and limbs correct? I have a left arm in really good condition that I could part with.
lol unfortunately not
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #288
SalM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 6,460
My Ride: Shhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MACHINE View Post


the sickest watch ever, that I will never own

This is the hottest watch Ive ever seen..... Hands down
__________________


SalMPhotography
SalM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 AM   #289
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDKmann View Post
Here is a quick shot of it. It is large but I don't think it is too large and Ive yet to find an activity where it gets in the way, even when typing its fine.
Thanks, man. I know I'm going to be looking for a new band for my Hamilton at some point. I think that one might go well w/it. The leather looks really good.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #290
3bananas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC/LI
Posts: 570
My Ride: 1998 328is
sick hublot. i wouldn't rock it but it's interesting to look at.
i like my favre leuba and i've got the same rolex as gottalovethexi - classic
__________________

________________________
3bananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #291
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalM View Post
This is the hottest watch Ive ever seen..... Hands down
that sh!t is sick

my bulova:
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...=photo-164.jpg

Last edited by howie; 08-04-2010 at 11:19 AM.
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #292
SDKmann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Davenport/ Des Moines, IA
Posts: 1,698
My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Thanks, man. I know I'm going to be looking for a new band for my Hamilton at some point. I think that one might go well w/it. The leather looks really good.
The leather is great and I like the buckle size with the size of my watch case (44mm case, 47mm with crown). The strap is actually thicker than the belt I wear daily. My only complaint, which I think I mentioned before, is that the edging looks/feels cheap. If you're looking to invest in a nice strap check out the for sale section on watchuseek.com, there are a lot of great independent strap makers there. I would also check out Rob Montana's straps (just google his name) which are very nice. He has a great selection of buckles and leather.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #293
tiloulou330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dumont,NJ
Posts: 730
My Ride: 02 330i zsp
Send a message via AIM to tiloulou330i Send a message via MSN to tiloulou330i Send a message via Yahoo to tiloulou330i
[IMG][/IMG]
__________________
Filbert


Originally Posted by nawmean?
I know I sound naive, but some of the advice I've taken from this board has helped my life quite a bit

Last edited by tiloulou330i; 08-05-2010 at 05:26 PM.
tiloulou330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #294
RockLee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vero Beach FL.
Posts: 2,239
My Ride: 99 328i. ZSP, ZPP,
Send a message via Yahoo to RockLee Send a message via Skype™ to RockLee
Got this in munich.
__________________

1999 328i Sport Package, Premium Package, 5 speed, Alpine white.
RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:04 AM   #295
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 12,427
My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
^^^ hell of a swatch

have Suunto Observer Black, just bought this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	77AEAE0B-3048-7D5A-422AC254AAC14356.gif
Views:	125
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	372045  
__________________
NOVAbimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #296
alexd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12
My Ride: 97 M3 4/5 11 X5 5.0
Just picked up the new Submariner with the ceramic bezel and am absolutely loving it.
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #297
Willha418
ninja edit
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: :(
Posts: 168
My Ride: Aston Martin
Hey everyone,

I'm not a watch guy but I just received a Raymond Weil 8600 from my buddy as a gift and had a few questions. I know it's not high end like the other watches here but feel free to help me out if you can without being too mean. This watch has the double folding clasp push button strap that I do not like. Is there anyway to change the strap out for like a leather one? Would it look okay with a brown leather strap and if so, what do you guys recommend? I attached a picture of how it looks. Thanks!

Last edited by Willha418; 08-24-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Willha418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #298
wwjbd24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mid Atlantic
Posts: 168
My Ride: e92 JB+ 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willha418 View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm not a watch guy but I just received a Raymond Weil 8600 from my buddy as a gift and had a few questions. I know it's not high end like the other watches here but feel free to help me out if you can without being too mean. This watch has the double folding clasp push button strap that I do not like. Is there anyway to change the strap out for like a leather one? Would it look okay with a brown leather strap and if so, what do you guys recommend? I attached a picture of how it looks. Thanks!

http://www.thewatchprince.com/Changing-Your-Watch-Band

check out that video. I wouldnt really recommend brown leather, but because of that red ring on the face, i would check out this:

http://www.strapcode.com/store/carbo...ing-p-938.html

http://www.strapcode.com/store/silic...rap-p-695.html

but make sure the band size is correct! good luck
wwjbd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #299
Willha418
ninja edit
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: :(
Posts: 168
My Ride: Aston Martin
thanks wwjbd! I'll look into those!
Willha418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #300
ghorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: L.A.
Posts: 400
My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
guys, im needing a new watch, well not needing, wanting. its been 5 years with my current, and tho nothing is wrong with her, im wondering about a suitable replacement.

i have a citizens Ti eco-drive chrono. Im rocking this one right now, but with a matching Ti band (cant find a pic)
http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/BL5250-02L.asp

Anyway, i need the same features... no battery, 2 time zones, chronograph, MUST BE Ti, alarm optional.
price, id like to keep it around $500, but i can go a little above if its the right one.

any suggestions.
For that price range, check out Hamilton watches. I picked up one and posted it in here. Classic looking, can be dressed up or down.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use