E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #581
ZeHP

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenJ View Post
Congrats on your Jazzmaster!

The ex asked me to hold off on the Jazzmaster because she was wanting to buy it for me as an engagement present. After ending up with a credit at my jeweler's place, I picked this up (long story).

Still in love with the Jazzmaster and considering it as my next pickup - may I ask around what you paid for yours? I've got an AD offering it to me at $925 out the door. I've got an average wrist size, but being 6'7", I'm able to pull off a larger watch.

I could've bought it for $895 online, but I got impulsive on my lunch break and bought it at a store where they are a licensed dealer and take down all the serials numbers etc.. I talked him down from 1395 to 1100. Not the best deal but i'll take it for what it gets me.

that rolly is sweet!

"It's pretty much an M!"
"No it's not."
ZeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #582
DADON4SHO

My Ride: SLOW E46
what do you guys think about orient watches?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #583
Bezor

My Ride: E46 325i/A3 S 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADON4SHO View Post
what do you guys think about orient watches?
I have two:

and this model in a round case

Ordering directly from the web site is very easy http://www.orientwatchusa.com/index-1.html , and often 50% off sales are running. Orient makes their own movements. For the options, such as solid SS, power reserve, day/date complications are pricey for a Swiss-made in house mechanical.

Last edited by Bezor; 11-21-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Bezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #584
Ihadurca

My Ride: 01 BMW 330CI
Looks like this but mine has the metal band and is all stainless steel

And my work watch

used to have an all titanum fossil blue but it got water inside it (i think the seals just gave out from over 19 years of use)

Last edited by Ihadurca; 11-21-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: forgot info
Ihadurca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #585
DADON4SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezor View Post
I have two:

and this model in a round case

Ordering directly from the web site is very easy http://www.orientwatchusa.com/index-1.html , and often 50% off sales are running. Orient makes their own movements. For the options, such as solid SS, power reserve, day/date complications are pricey for a Swiss-made in house mechanical.
How about as far as quality?
You know best bag for buck type of thing.
I have heard that for the money orient watches makes the best quality time piece
Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #586
farmdog

My Ride: Food Truck
I picked this up awhile ago....it's not for the small watch lovers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hamilton sunset.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	171.5 KB
ID:	384530  
Old 11-22-2010, 03:55 AM   #587
Bezor

My Ride: E46 325i/A3 S 2.0T
Quote:
How about as far as quality?
You know best bag for buck type of thing.
I have heard that for the money orient watches makes the best quality time piece
Not my opinion, but my jewler really likes them. Like I said, for the complications and an in house mechanical movement, if you went Swiss Made you'd be into a 1K watch easily.

I have a SWI Valjoux 7750, and the Orients I have are every bit the quality. For the money, I feel they are extremely underated. Why pay swiss prices other than the name? don't get me wrong, orient doesn't have the design presence (again my opinion) of some classic swiss mechanicals, but design is always a personal thing (I have a $100 Adee Kayee mechanical skeleton that gets more compliments/questions than my SWI). Try this: search google for "in house movement" "open heart mechanical", "power display indicator", "day/date", solid SS bracelet and see what results you get and the price you'll pay.

Of my friends who also have Rollies, Omegas, SWI for instance, they are stunned with seeing my Orients. Between them and my jewler, I think I'm ahead of the curve in recognizing Orient as a quality brand for mechanical watches. Orients have a good heft, excellent dampening, and quality crown feel. There is nothing on an Orient that gives you the feeling that you are wearing a "less than" watch.
Bezor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #588
Hukerfaker

My Ride: My wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihadurca View Post
Looks like this but mine has the metal band and is all stainless steel

And my work watch

used to have an all titanum fossil blue but it got water inside it (i think the seals just gave out from over 19 years of use)
I really like that fossil of yours and Fossils in general. I still have one that gave up on being waterproof after 12 years. I changed seal with every battery change, but the dealer said it was actually the crown that was faulty, he said after that much years there is no replacement part for my model. I still love that watch, though
Old 11-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #589
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
wow, that's a fancy fossil, didn't know they made those.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #590
budfox4life

My Ride: intexcalc
Send a message via Yahoo to budfox4life
After selling the Phantom and seeing that I have 7 watches with black faces I thought it would be interesting to add a little color and bring my collection back up to 8... was just looking at the AD yesterday and the PO caught my eye... after I saw the price they would give me I ended up walking out with this:

I loved how the orange stitching on the leather band set off the orange bezel and the orange 12/6/9 hour markers. After I got the black coaxial fullsize SMP last December I thought I would never get another Omega (it seemed way too small compared to the other watches in rotation) but this XL Planet Ocean is 45.5mm and seemed like the perfect "beater"/casual watch.

Any opinions? ... It sure is a new direction for me but its nice to build out the non-Breitling portion of the collection (i think)
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #591
5speed5er

My Ride: TreTreFive
great stuff!
Old 11-23-2010, 01:36 AM   #592
DADON4SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezor View Post
Not my opinion, but my jewler really likes them. Like I said, for the complications and an in house mechanical movement, if you went Swiss Made you'd be into a 1K watch easily.

I have a SWI Valjoux 7750, and the Orients I have are every bit the quality. For the money, I feel they are extremely underated. Why pay swiss prices other than the name? don't get me wrong, orient doesn't have the design presence (again my opinion) of some classic swiss mechanicals, but design is always a personal thing (I have a $100 Adee Kayee mechanical skeleton that gets more compliments/questions than my SWI). Try this: search google for "in house movement" "open heart mechanical", "power display indicator", "day/date", solid SS bracelet and see what results you get and the price you'll pay.

Of my friends who also have Rollies, Omegas, SWI for instance, they are stunned with seeing my Orients. Between them and my jewler, I think I'm ahead of the curve in recognizing Orient as a quality brand for mechanical watches. Orients have a good heft, excellent dampening, and quality crown feel. There is nothing on an Orient that gives you the feeling that you are wearing a "less than" watch.
im pretty sure im going to buy one i just dont know witch one yet there all so nice! i know in their website they do 30% off plus a 150 priced watch or 50% off.
has any one gotten the deal with the free watch? i wonder what type of watch they send.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #593
darkmanlfe

My Ride: rocket propelled 323
Send a message via AIM to darkmanlfe
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfox4life View Post
After selling the Phantom and seeing that I have 7 watches with black faces I thought it would be interesting to add a little color and bring my collection back up to 8... was just looking at the AD yesterday and the PO caught my eye... after I saw the price they would give me I ended up walking out with this:

I loved how the orange stitching on the leather band set off the orange bezel and the orange 12/6/9 hour markers. After I got the black coaxial fullsize SMP last December I thought I would never get another Omega (it seemed way too small compared to the other watches in rotation) but this XL Planet Ocean is 45.5mm and seemed like the perfect "beater"/casual watch.

Any opinions? ... It sure is a new direction for me but its nice to build out the non-Breitling portion of the collection (i think)
still my favorite omega watch. it's classic.

Last edited by darkmanlfe; 11-23-2010 at 01:52 AM.
darkmanlfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:20 AM   #594
Hukerfaker

Quote:
im pretty sure im going to buy one i just dont know witch one yet there all so nice! i know in their website they do 30% off plus a 150 priced watch or 50% off.
has any one gotten the deal with the free watch? i wonder what type of watch they send.
Sounds great. What website is that?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #595
djetaine

My Ride: 2001 330CI
what do you guys think of these? They are produced by torneau for BMW
djetaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #596
Hukerfaker

A little too old school for my taste. I'm Breitling type
Old 11-27-2010, 03:21 AM   #597
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by djetaine View Post
what do you guys think of these? They are produced by torneau for BMW
I give it a solid "meh".

If you want a nice marque-branded watch, look at the ferraris.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #598
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Shitty picture. But my Seiko and Tag

Old 11-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #599
RickyZone

My Ride: 2003 330ci M-Sport
Great thread, lots of nice watches in here!

I'm currently in high-school, and thinking of buying my first "real" watch. My budget is about $500. I am looking for a watch in stainless steel preferrably, with a bigger dial/face. I like it clean.
I've found this particular Calvin Klein model below, which I'm really interested in. Now I must ask though, does anyone have any experience with their watches? Would you recommend them?

Otherwise, would you recommend any other watches within the price range of $500? I've checked out Certina, Hugo Boss, Seiko and so on, but the Calvin Klein is definately my favourite so far!

Last edited by RickyZone; 11-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
RickyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #600
Hukerfaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyZone View Post
Great thread, lots of nice watches in here!

I'm currently in high-school, and thinking of buying my first "real" watch. My budget is about $500. I am looking for a watch in stainless steel preferrably, with a bigger dial/face. I like it clean.
I've found this particular Calvin Klein model below, which I'm really interested in. Now I must ask though, does anyone have any experience with their watches? Would you recommend them?

Otherwise, would you recommend any other watches within the price range of $500? I've checked out Certina, Hugo Boss, Seiko and so on, but the Calvin Klein is definately my favourite so far!
I would say Orient watches are just for you. They were mentioned several times in this thread as "the best bang for a buck". There is "see through" automatic model with power reserve complication, just under 500 bucks, I think. Google a little and you'll find it. Calvin Klein is a little "cosmetic" watch imo, but that's just my taste

Last edited by Hukerfaker; 11-27-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Hukerfaker is offline   Reply With Quote