E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
Jacky-X

My Ride: E46
AC Schnitzer Spring Kit

I was planing to install the Eibach Pro kit who cost 390$US here in Dubai + Labour for fixing 190 $US + Alignement I am not sure maybe an other 100 $US.
So I call my BMW dealer who sale AC Scnitzer and he told me the AC Schnitzer Spring Kit will cost me 740 $US inluding fixing and alignement.

So for 60 USD I rather get it fix in BMW dealer rather than in a cheap garage !

But the drop with the AC Schnitzer Spring Kit is 3cm front and 2cm Rear and Eibach Pro kit is only 120mm Front and 100mm Rear.
So what do you think AC Schnitzer Spring Kit is too agressive drop ?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	071aaa4104.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	364341  

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #2
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
no such thing as a too aggressive drop. just have to prepare your suspension accordingly.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
deadpass

My Ride: 01 330i
I'm guessing from your pic you have the sport/zhp suspension right now, 3cm is gonna be a pretty decent drop from where you are but the roads are pretty smooth there right? You should be fine, just do as mvrk said and prepare the rest of your suspension accordingly
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Jacky-X

Hi, I just pick up my car yesterday, it cost me in BMW dealership 712 $ US for the AC Schnitzer Springs Kit + Fixing + Wheels Alignement.
So here is the car before and after... please don't hesitate to comment, thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	367438   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	367439  
Old 07-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
deadpass

My Ride: 01 330i
looks good man, nice and low for sure. how does it ride?
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Jacky-X

Thank you... Actually I wanted my 318 Ci to look exactly like the 330 ci ZHP so the front is exactly like the 330 ci (I had measure it) and the back is a little bit lower (2 or 2.5 cm) maybe if I get rid off the spare part wheels it will go up ? Don't you think the rear of the car is too low? What about if I put back only my rear OEM springs? Can I have 2 differents springs in the front and in the rear?
Anyway, the handling, confort is 100% the same, but the direction (steering wheels) seems more accurate and precise, but I just feel the car is low when I seat inside and when I drive, I might get used to it soon !