E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
sam_

My Ride: 2003 330i
Sam's Steel Gray 2003 330i Build Thread

Hey there,
I always wanted to make a build thread for this car but seemingly never got around to it - anyway, I usually take pictures when I do stuff to the car but I fear some of them have been lost so this won't be as thorough as I would like to be. I apologize for that.

Anyway, here are some details on the car:

I bought it in November of 2014 with 116,000 miles and have since put 10,000 miles on it as of 18 months later. It was a one owner car and was dealer serviced the entirety of its life. Purchased it for $5,000! Not a bad deal IMO.

Here are some pictures from the day I bought it

Now, when I bought it I knew it needed control arm bushings, oil change, and it was throw P0491/P0492 (secondary air). So those were the first things I tackled. Job was easy enough and the car ran well after that.

Fast forward two months and I was sick and tired of the radio and burning CD's- I picked up an OEM flashlight to cigarette lighter socket converter for like $20 from eBay along with an OEM aux kit, and a Tunelink. Being a 2003, it had the proper headunit for setting up AUX input. The purpose for this was running aux into the glove box, and plugging the Tunelink into the cigarette lighter port so I could have Bluetooth audio without any exposed cables to takeaway from the interior of the car.

After this I found my expansion tank was cracked and leaking so I decided to get new hoses, expansion tank, thermostat, and radiator.

I wish I had pictures of me doing these jobs, if I ever find them I'll be sure to post them up here.

Car was running well and I decided to spend my tax return on some goodies.

I spent it on an M3 steering wheel, ZHP silver cube trim, new shift knob, gear indicator, cup holders, radio mounting bracket, with new compartments. I have yet to purchase new coin holders and rear ashtray. I also bought some sport seats and got them redone, however, after a bit more than a year I am no longer happy with them. I also bought a Valentine One from eBay which I later hardwired.

Before:

After:

After this I ran into a minor mishap where I was backing out of a driveway and did not see the gate was slowly closing and it clipped my passenger side fender. I got a new one but they painted it the wrong color and I have yet to correct it...It's really starting to drive me crazy so I'll have to do that soon.

Here's a pic of it the day after:

One thing I always wanted to do was swap in ZHP headliner. Given that this is a sedan it is a bit harder to source the proper parts but I bought the whole swap from a forum member and I couldn't be happier with it. It looks amazing and really completes the interior of the car. The swap was a bit of a pain. I had some trouble getting the new headliner in as I was worried I would damage it somehow but everything went well without a hitch!

Next up for the interior is M3 seats, new rear seats, re-dye the rear deck, and new floormats. I also need to get new HK subs/amp it would appear that mine blew as of a couple weeks ago.

Tires were shot on the Style 73's so I picked up some VMR VB3's from ModBargains- 18" in Hyper Silver - 18x8.5 in the front and 18x9.5 in the rear. I'm running Hankook Ventus V12 Evos 255's in the back and 225's upfront. I really love these wheels a lot. Definitely recommend them to anyone.

As for future mods:

-H&R Sport springs with Koni Adjustables
-Mtech 2 Front and Rear bumpers
-Euro tails, clear corners and side markers
-Bimmerbrakes catless headers
-5mm front spacers

My big plans include a 6 speed swap, M3 rear end, and Twin Screw Supercharger.

Again, my apologies on the lack of media in this, I'll have my camera handy for all future projects and maintenance.

Some past maintenance I forgot to include in my rundown was fuel pump, fuel filter, power steering pump and hoses, along with a parking brake rebuild.

------------
///

CCA: 498753

Last edited by sam_; 07-18-2016 at 03:35 AM.
sam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:43 PM   #2
slowgan

My Ride: 330ci
Wow those wheels really made a difference in the appearance! Looks great man!
slowgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:53 AM   #3
sam_

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgan View Post
Wow those wheels really made a difference in the appearance! Looks great man!
thanks bud! appreciate the kind words.

------------
///

Old 06-29-2016, 07:47 PM   #4
sam_

Took the car to the dealer for the driver side airbag recall and ended up with a rental car until at least late august- the Enterprise they dealership was working with didn't have good choices except for this. Never have had a truck before and so far I am loving it. 2016 Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi V8!

------------
///

Last edited by sam_; 06-29-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:17 PM   #5
speedfreaks

My Ride: BMW E46
nice one, man! keep up the good work..
Old 07-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
jaga

My Ride: 2002 325i
very clean and nice car!!! awesome.!
jaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #7
sam_