E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #1201
dano17

My Ride: 2000 328i
What for front bags are you running?
dano17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #1202
bagged46

My Ride: bagged 46
for those of you bagged guys who can't get the rears to drop, its either a bottomed out shock, your bag or you're running a cup bracket setup, fully compressed, is too high. i'm running UAS bags with stock rear shocks and could tuck tire and lay bumper back when i had staggered CHs and my current Classics. no rubbing issues on the inside either and the rear fenders literally sit on my tires with plenty of room to spare.

Vorsteiner | CCW | UAS | Accuair | ProjectZero | Import Fashion | Shooting for Stance Nation and FckYourCrew
Facebook or Instagram "booogs"
bagged46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #1203
AaronAlexander

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.k View Post
i'm on bags too, cant seem to sit that low either (at the rear).. Any ideas? ill try post a pic but atm the guard is just off the top of the rim (19"csl's) I've checked and the tyre is not sitting on anything..
your problem is 19 inch csls on a 3 series
AaronAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #1204
e46cruiser

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nckash055 View Post
I have r32 volkswagen rear bags with rokkor struts front and rear with bag over coil in the front.. debating on if i want to go 17s was going to get oz mitos.

Heres another

And these are the wheels i want to run.

Do you mind showing me a picture of your suspension set up front and rear ?
Im on rokkors right now and really want to go the bagged route and seeing how a bag over strut would be cheaper I wanted to see it done on an e46 and especially on rokkors! PM me if you could!
e46cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #1205
steve.k

My Ride: 05' 325Ci, 13' WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano17 View Post
What for front bags are you running?
AirForce air sus all around

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged46 View Post
for those of you bagged guys who can't get the rears to drop, its either a bottomed out shock, your bag or you're running a cup bracket setup, fully compressed, is too high. i'm running UAS bags with stock rear shocks and could tuck tire and lay bumper back when i had staggered CHs and my current Classics. no rubbing issues on the inside either and the rear fenders literally sit on my tires with plenty of room to spare.
well i am using the shocks that came with the air sus. i will have to try my stock msport shocks out then. When i release the air the rear comes to a stop with about 20-25psi left in the rear bags (shown on the gauge)... so they still have air in them. i think i will need to go shorter shocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronAlexander View Post
your problem is 19 inch csls on a 3 series
i know i know.... but they look better than my stock 17" style 68
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #1206
bagged46

Quote:
well i am using the shocks that came with the air sus. i will have to try my stock msport shocks out then. When i release the air the rear comes to a stop with about 20-25psi left in the rear bags (shown on the gauge)... so they still have air in them. i think i will need to go shorter shocks!
most likely your shock, but could also be your rear fitment. can you still roll around with the rear fully aired out?

Vorsteiner | CCW | UAS | Accuair | ProjectZero | Import Fashion | Shooting for Stance Nation and FckYourCrew
Old 09-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #1207
AaronAlexander

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Quote:
i know i know.... but they look better than my stock 17" style 68
Yeah true. I have 18" csls and they fit perfect
AaronAlexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #1208
steve.k

Quote:
most likely your shock, but could also be your rear fitment. can you still roll around with the rear fully aired out?
Yeah i can. When i release the air until the rear stops going lower, it's at the same height as what it was when i had my coilovers in (guard just on the rim)... I think i have to swap out the shocks for the stock ones!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #1209
bagged46

Quote:
Yeah i can. When i release the air until the rear stops going lower, it's at the same height as what it was when i had my coilovers in (guard just on the rim)... I think i have to swap out the shocks for the stock ones!
99% sure it's your rear shock then. what rear bag do you have? is it integrated into the strut and removable? try throwing that on your coilover and setting your coilover to it's lowest setting. or you could also take your stock rear shock and cut/weld it shorter, which is what i had to do for my fronts before i upgraded to the bag-over-coil setup.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #1210
niiCk

My Ride: E90
He has the AirForce kit all around.

His fronts are originally a bag-over-coil setup. Which allows him to adjust his height just like coilovers, lowering the perches.

However his rears, are separate. Just like oem suspension. Except he has an airbag in place of the spring and has a height adjustable shock.

Im guessing its his rear shocks too. He might need a shorter one..
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #1211
steve.k

Quote:
99% sure it's your rear shock then. what rear bag do you have? is it integrated into the strut and removable? try throwing that on your coilover and setting your coilover to it's lowest setting. or you could also take your stock rear shock and cut/weld it shorter, which is what i had to do for my fronts before i upgraded to the bag-over-coil setup.
my rear bags look 99% similar to these and sit where the spring would sit

and the fronts look like these..

so the rears are not integrated into the shock like the fronts... i have the bag where the spring would be (bolted into the spring perch), and normal shocks just like any other e46, but the shocks are adjustable, they can be wound up/down. they still have another 2-3cm to be wound down but i doubt that will do anything major with my ride height.

i will have to give the stock shocks a go hopefully they are shorter.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #1212
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Just testing to see if I can upload pics using my phone lol. Btw I am not running like this. This is when I put 20mm spacers on. The car doesn't even move so I took the spacer out lol!! The rear wheels are too wide to run with spacers at this height. I have to either camber in or raise the car lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1347423931.679079.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	468790  

Last edited by Barbaros; 09-11-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Barbaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #1213
Bart Taylor

My Ride: 2000 323i touring
can't remember if I posted in here but here is my ruined not that low car with s10 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i know in your head that sounded like a nice comeback/argument but you just sound like a fool.
Bart Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:42 PM   #1214
Bart Taylor

My Ride: 2000 323i touring
Quote:
so the rears are not integrated into the shock like the fronts... i have the bag where the spring would be (bolted into the spring perch), and normal shocks just like any other e46, but the shocks are adjustable, they can be wound up/down. they still have another 2-3cm to be wound down but i doubt that will do anything major with my ride height.

did you try just unbolting the rear shocks at the bottom and dropping it to see if it goes lower? that would be the quickest way to find out
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i know in your head that sounded like a nice comeback/argument but you just sound like a fool.
Bart Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #1215
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Taylor View Post
can't remember if I posted in here but here is my ruined not that low car with s10 wheels.

Damn that's hot! Where can I find those wheels???!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #1216
steve.k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Taylor View Post
did you try just unbolting the rear shocks at the bottom and dropping it to see if it goes lower? that would be the quickest way to find out
valid, i didnt even think to do that.

Will that be safe to do though with the weight of the car on the bags only? or is that a dumb question.. do the shocks even carry any weight? im abit of a noob.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #1217
niiCk

My Ride: E90
i was actually going to mention it earlier too but thought it wouldnt be safe lol. but give it a go anyways since the bags are holding up your car in the first place
niiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #1218
bagged46

Quote:

and the fronts look like these..

i keep forgetting our rears are separate shocks and springs. it might not be the shocks then. those cups look pretty high. what brand bags are they? i bet if you ran the UAS bags without any sort of top cup you should be fine. that's what i'm doing and i've been running like that for years now.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #1219
bagged46

Quote:
valid, i didnt even think to do that.

Will that be safe to do though with the weight of the car on the bags only? or is that a dumb question.. do the shocks even carry any weight? im abit of a noob.
bags were built and designed to fully compress, otherwise they wouldn't be safe to inflate and deflate all the time. all bags will have a minimum compression height. you should be fine putting all of the corner's weight on the bag. shocks don't hold any of that weight anyway, they simply "dampen" it.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #1220
xcar360
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: BMW 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Persia View Post
^
xcar360 is offline   Reply With Quote