E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #21
Dreikraft

My Ride: slow m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboaddiction View Post

Stage 2.5...you will thank me!
i wanna know what all this 2.5 hype is all about, my car leaves for hpf maņana!
Dreikraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #22
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:

Hell...I stopped caring what my car was worth a long time ago. I just keep throwing money at it because I love it.
Quote of the MONTH right there!

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #23
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreikraft View Post
Sick Bro! We'll have to have a lil' Central Coast get together when our cars return!
Philippians 4:13

AirFrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #24
azjimi

My Ride: '02 M3 coupe
Quote:
Hell...I stopped caring what my car was worth a long time ago. I just keep throwing money at it because I love it.
Exactamente, dude! Have you ever had the experience where there's been a thought in your head for years but you've never actually put it into words, and then somebody does? Well, I just had that experience.
VF Stage 2 S/C, Om Scorza exhaust, Stett Performance headers, Custom Performance Rasp Eliminator and Race Cats, GTR hood, 19" SSR GT3's, Bridgestone RE-11's, PSS9 coilovers, Eibach Sways, Powerflex RTABS, Angel Eyes, Smoked Depos

azjimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:43 PM   #25
M3onTwomps

My Ride: '02 SG/IR SMG M3
Quote:
Congrats!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:45 AM   #26
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
Hey rob.. I don't if you remember me I was the one that was going to buy your stage 2 before things got messed up on my end. I am kicking myself for not getting it!! I have been thinking about it!! Ugh anyway .. I remembered some of the things you were telling me about it..

I am just on the fence because of the high cost of the kit and how the m3 is a sub 20k car now but the more and more I read on the forums about are of you turbo stories it makes it so hard to not to get the turbo kit!!
Haha oh yes i forgot about that whole thing! Whats up man!? Hope all is well. Anyway yeah man just pull the trigger on it you wont regret it. and if you do well you saw how fast my kit sold so that wont be a problem if you truely arent happy with it afterwards. I say Go for it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #27
Dreikraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFrcd View Post
Sick Bro! We'll have to have a lil' Central Coast get together when our cars return!
definitely, we should do something on hwy 1 like ragged point or big sur
Old 07-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #28
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
Talking

Quote:
definitely, we should do something on hwy 1 like ragged point or big sur
YES
Big Sur without a doubt!
Philippians 4:13

AirFrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #29
Tiago

My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
I am just on the fence because of the high cost of the kit and how the m3 is a sub 20k car
See this way:

1. E46 M3 still has such a good look that stands with most of the newer BMW, Audi, Mercedes... I have mine in perfect conditions (paint, interiors, rims...) all have alot of compliments how nice the car is.

2. It seems that you already spent a good amount of money in it, specially in exterior. So the performance of a turbo kit will complete the car.

3. Heavily modded cars never become dated and keep impressive high resale value. The best example is that, besides Porsches, Ferraris, Aston Martin..., the dated look (remember just the interior) of NSX's, Supras, GTR's still keeps high values.

ESS VT2-550 / AEM WMI / Supersprint Race System / 3.91 Diff / Stoptech ST60 and ST40 / Bilstein PSS9 / UUC Sways
CLICK HERE FOR PICS OF MY CAR

Last edited by Tiago; 07-12-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Tiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #30
Buk_Andy

My Ride: 05 M3 SMG
Quote:
that was nicely done!

I don't really know why you even think about the current value of e46 m3s when you have modded your m3 in such a way. I mean think about it, what else would you buy? The next logical step would be either an e9x m3 (boring na) so it must have a supercharger or a p-car 996tt or 997tt. Now the 996tt and 997tt will also be super boring unless they are highly modded. So you are talking about selling the e46 m3 and spending $65k - $100+k depending how new and what mods. So if you are really attached to your m3 and want the power of a massive e9x m3 or 996tt or 997tt with only a fraction of the cost, then it's very simple. Going 2.5 will save you money if you think about it. I mean any modded car is a poor financial investment but can be a fantastic mental investment.

Hell...i stopped caring what my car was worth a long time ago. I just keep throwing money at it because i love it.

Stage 2.5...you will thank me!
+10000000000000000000

Future Mod: HPF Stage 1 w/ ProEFI-e85 :)
Buk_Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #31
BMWDEMON

My Ride: E90 M3 & 05 E46 M3
Send a message via AIM to BMWDEMON
Bruno...

STOP SCREWING AROUND

and get it...

I am already working on putting funds aside for this kit in the future...prolly a year or so from now if things go right, it is a MUST.

M
BMWDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:44 PM   #32
Dreikraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
Bruno...

STOP SCREWING AROUND

and get it...

I am already working on putting funds aside for this kit in the future...prolly a year or so from now if things go right, it is a MUST.

M
no need to put funds aside, sell that e90! its got two too many doors anyway
Old 07-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #33
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
The car won't 100% retain it's characteristics with the turbo compared to NA or SC, but IMO it's adopts a better characteristic! On the track, you don't have to sit close to redline mid corner; you can sit much lower in the power band and use the torque to slingshot you out of the corner.
The twinscrew kit on my 330 has a similar low end power band albeit at a much lower power range.

I can drive most tracks in 4th gear and pass most cars and at least keep up with the more powerful cars in the turns. Which is great for learning, reduce the risk of over-revving the engine since you aren't near the redline, and reduce the stress on the car since you are running at lower RPMs.

Note that you have to be careful on the throttle from the apex because all that torque will make your back end will come around if you have DSC off.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #34
BMWDEMON

Quote:
no need to put funds aside, sell that e90! its got two too many doors anyway
HAHA,,,yeah good point except a few things. One, it is a lease...Two, the E90 because of its engine and with the new M3 coming out will be the last N/A car and I might keep it because of that and three...although it has four door it is a bad a$$ sedan and I love the sound of that open V8 screaming when I want it too...it is intoxicating!!! I'll have this kit...oh, I will...and when I want something, I get it!

BRUNOOOOOOO, join me...we MUST become HPF members!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:43 AM   #35
Tiago

My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
the E90 because of its engine and with the new M3 coming out will be the last N/A car and I might keep it because of that
When a model ends, it always is the last of something, but i think that in engines, the 6 cylinders N/A has more tradition and history in the M3 progression. Unfortunaly due to the BMW Efficient Dynamics Policy, the history of the V8 is too short to be remembered. It will likely be more remembered as the last 4door M3.

ESS VT2-550 / AEM WMI / Supersprint Race System / 3.91 Diff / Stoptech ST60 and ST40 / Bilstein PSS9 / UUC Sways
CLICK HERE FOR PICS OF MY CAR
Tiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:40 AM   #36
BMWDEMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
When a model ends, it always is the last of something, but i think that in engines, the 6 cylinders N/A has more tradition and history in the M3 progression. Unfortunaly due to the BMW Efficient Dynamics Policy, the history of the V8 is too short to be remembered. It will likely be more remembered as the last 4door M3.
I think you may be correct on your comment...point taken! We'll see anyway but I am still focused on getting this kit and after speaking to Dave a few months ago am looking forward to working with HPF to get exactly what I am looking for.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
HAHA,,,yeah good point except a few things. One, it is a lease...Two, the E90 because of its engine and with the new M3 coming out will be the last N/A car and I might keep it because of that and three...although it has four door it is a bad a$$ sedan and I love the sound of that open V8 screaming when I want it too...it is intoxicating!!! I'll have this kit...oh, I will...and when I want something, I get it!

BRUNOOOOOOO, join me...we MUST become HPF members!!!

If you get the kit, there will be four of us around the DC Metro area. I know there is one in Greenbelt somewhere, Charlie is in the eastern shore and I am in College Park

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #38
lutzperformance
Lutz Performance-FL BMW F/I

My Ride: 1995 BMW M3, 04 Z06
Send a message via AIM to lutzperformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
If you get the kit, there will be four of us around the DC Metro area. I know there is one in Greenbelt somewhere, Charlie is in the eastern shore and I am in College Park
I was born and raised in the Fairfax, VA area, went to James Madison Highschool. Never got to see any HPF's when i was up there Next time I visit ill have to see what you guys are up to!

-Andrew
lutzperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #39
BMWDEMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Really? I would love to meet up with you to go over your experience, how you got your car done (shipped out/local shop install?) how things are going, what level you got, do you plan on upgrading and possibly a ride?? PM me if you could...it would be awesome to meet up with you.

Michael
Old 07-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #40
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
True but the M3 started out as a 4 cyl when the top non-M model had a larger displacement inline 6.

I think the M3s identity is less about the engine but more about the fact it is a daily drivable race car based on a sedan/coupe platform. IMO, which is what makes the M3 better than a Ford.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote