E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #21
DC83

My Ride: i walk--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
heat got mike miller last night...... prolly gonna sign raja bell and or jason williams.... been talking to udoka too
gasol/drew will walk all over this lineup..
Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #22
Sponger
Banned

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Only team I am going to despise more than the Lakers next season is the Heat. I hate hate hate NBA teams that try and buy championships.
Sponger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponger View Post
Only team I am going to despise more than the Lakers next season is the Heat. I hate hate hate NBA teams that try and buy championships.
when is the last time you saw a team that developed players and won a championship?

I can't think of one
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
derek fisher is meeting with riley today

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #25
guest321_1
Banned User

lol Laker fans are so ignorant they still think the Lakers will win next year? ...and to the dude who said "who cares if you win next year, you're still 14 behind" How long have the lakers been around? Not how long have the heat been around? Ok thanks, and why are you talking about history? Who cares how many you have if you want to talk history don't forget the celtices still have one more than the lakers. It is going to be very hard for the Lakers to catch up considering the team Miami has now. By the way Pat Riley will be meeting with Derek Fisher, if Derek chooses Miami over LA that should tell you that he know Miami has a way better chance at a Championship.

/thread
guest321_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #26
4mused

My Ride: HPF Stage 4 M3
^umad?

4mused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #27
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Panty 33 View Post
lol Laker fans are so ignorant they still think the Lakers will win next year? ...and to the dude who said "who cares if you win next year, you're still 14 behind" How long have the lakers been around? Not how long have the heat been around? Ok thanks, and why are you talking about history? Who cares how many you have if you want to talk history don't forget the celtices still have one more than the lakers. It is going to be very hard for the Lakers to catch up considering the team Miami has now. By the way Pat Riley will be meeting with Derek Fisher, if Derek chooses Miami over LA that should tell you that he know Miami has a way better chance at a Championship.

/thread
You really think Fisher is gonna leave the team that got him 5 championships? The only reason he's going to Miami is to entertain offers and frankly, it'd be rude to disregard any teams propositions completely. James even met with the owners of the Clippers just to be fair and hear everyone out.

Fisher isn't going anywhere. Do I think the Lakers are gonna win again? Hopefully yes, I'd love to see another 3-peat. Do I think Miami's gonna be the team to beat? Yep, but only time will tell how this is gonna play out.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:23 AM   #28
guest321_1
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
You really think Fisher is gonna leave the team that got him 5 championships? The only reason he's going to Miami is to entertain offers and frankly, it'd be rude to disregard any teams propositions completely. James even met with the owners of the Clippers just to be fair and hear everyone out.

Fisher isn't going anywhere. Do I think the Lakers are gonna win again? Hopefully yes, I'd love to see another 3-peat. Do I think Miami's gonna be the team to beat? Yep, but only time will tell how this is gonna play out.
Someone with some knowledge I like that.

Now here is my counter....

Your question was "Do you think fisher is going to leave a team that got him 5 championships?" My answer to that is simply this "To go to Miami, ofcourse"

Here is why: His NBA career is soon to be over, and Miami will be the team to give him the best chance of retiring with more rings than he currently has. Will he get a another chance to get more rings as a Laker? Yes, will he get it? No.

If he wants to retire with 8+ rings why not come to Miami?

Pat Riley is smart he can easily bring Derek Fisher to Miami without Derek looking back to Los Angeles. No one thought that Wade, Bron and Bosh would ever play together only Pat Riley believed it.

If Derek Fisher wants to win more championships Miami is the place to come. Everyone wants to play in Miami right now.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #29
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
I lol'd at this

Baja: There is no way D.Fish will sign to the Heat...

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?

Last edited by YGOAMG; 07-10-2010 at 01:35 AM.
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:49 AM   #30
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
I see the reasoning, but I just don't think it'll happen. He already has enough rings to be happy, its just a matter of being self-content at this moment. Let's see if his greed for more championships steers him to Miami. Even if he leaves LA, it's not like they're gonna be a pushover of a team. Again, I don't think he'll leave, but I do see why they're going for him.

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:59 AM   #31
DC83

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
derek fisher is meeting with riley today
and Lebronze met with the clippers..
Old 07-10-2010, 05:04 AM   #32
DC83

Quote:

Your question was "Do you think fisher is going to leave a team that got him 5 championships?" My answer to that is simply this "To go to Miami, ofcourse"

Here is why: His NBA career is soon to be over, and Miami will be the team to give him the best chance of retiring with more rings than he currently has. Will he get a another chance to get more rings as a Laker? Yes, will he get it? No.

Pat Riley is smart he can easily bring Derek Fisher to Miami without Derek looking back to Los Angeles. No one thought that Wade, Bron and Bosh would ever play together only Pat Riley believed it.

If Derek Fisher wants to win more championships Miami is the place to come. Everyone wants to play in Miami right now.
no depth/size=no ring for Miami, at least not this year
Old 07-10-2010, 05:43 AM   #33
EDawg

My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
how do you know when the roster isn't finalized? a lot of us doubted boston when they first got allen/garnet, and they ended up winning it all that year.

Last edited by EDawg; 07-10-2010 at 05:45 AM.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #34
DC83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDawg View Post
how do you know when the roster isn't finalized? a lot of us doubted boston when they first got allen/garnet, and they ended up winning it all that year.
I just dont see Miami winning it with such an unbalanced roster, unless chalmers magically ups his game to rondo level, joel anthony suddenly turns into kendrick perkins, mike miller becomes a lock down defender like posey. though unlike Boston, Miami has plenty of time to build up the roster.

Last edited by DC83; 07-10-2010 at 07:13 AM.
DC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #35
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Heat has no bench. That is all.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #36
BMW_ARP

My Ride: 2012 BMW F10
Quote:

lol..I love how all these Miami fans think its a shoe in for the Heat to win it next year. All Im going to say is that the Lakers are the champions past 2 years and THEY are the team to beat right now. They are the defending champions. Heat fans cant say $hit until they win a ring with this star studded roster. Until you win a ring ****.

You can compare stats, rosters and everything else but until the time comes, and you better hope for a injury free roster, lets see if they can seal the deal.
BMW_ARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:40 PM   #37
Coldintake
Registered OG User

My Ride: Mid-engine beast
I've been the heats # 1 fan ever since the drafted Lebron(almost a week!) .. so don't say I'm on the bandwagon.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #38
guest321_1
Banned User

The roster does have to be filled that is true because in the NBA you do need 5 starters, but here's the thing.

They year Miami won the championship Wade didn't have Lebron nor Bosh and he still won. You can't say it was because of Shaq, no it's the other way around Shaw got his 5th ring because of Wade. So if Wade won a championship in Jordan like fashion without Lebron and Bosh what makes you think they wont win in this year? Right now anything less than a ring is a disappointment for the Heat. Wade, Lebron, Bosh can easily bring a title to Miami with no problem.

Yeah the Lakers are the team to beat because they are the champions but they have never faced Lebron, Wade or bosh all at once and that is going to be all sorts of trouble for them. Both Wade and Lebron can take charge and both can dunk on the whole team.

The only reason why Fisher wont leave LA is because LA is where he has won so many titles and the city of LA has given him alot and he feels like he owes them. On the other hand LA is really playing around with him by giving him a pay cut. After helping LA win a championship they want to cut his salary by half? To me thats an insult.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #39
guest321_1
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC83 View Post
depth and size for? Lebron can dunk on your LA's centers, Wade can dunk on LA's centers, Lebron can rebound over them...

When Miami won the championship who was their height? Shaq? He barely got enough minutes in the championship series and he was like what ? 55 years old.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:30 PM   #40
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
so no fisher on the heat.... guess cause farmar is going to the nets. still needed big time in LA...... we did lock down haslem though and jerry stackhouse was on NBA tv today and said flat out that he would take vet minimum to come play with the heat.

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is online now   Reply With Quote