E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #41
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Panty 33 View Post
The roster does have to be filled that is true because in the NBA you do need 5 starters, but here's the thing.

They year Miami won the championship Wade didn't have Lebron nor Bosh and he still won. You can't say it was because of Shaq, no it's the other way around Shaw got his 5th ring because of Wade. So if Wade won a championship in Jordan like fashion without Lebron and Bosh what makes you think they wont win in this year? Right now anything less than a ring is a disappointment for the Heat. Wade, Lebron, Bosh can easily bring a title to Miami with no problem.

Yeah the Lakers are the team to beat because they are the champions but they have never faced Lebron, Wade or bosh all at once and that is going to be all sorts of trouble for them. Both Wade and Lebron can take charge and both can dunk on the whole team.
Lol, your the perfect example of a bandwagon fan. Just by these two post it shows you know nothing about basketball and think these guys automatically win because of 3 players.

The heat played the mavs in the nba finals that year. Shaq made a huge impact on that series because the mavs had no one to match up with him. He created a double team in the post and spread the floor for the rest of the team.

then you have your role players...they had haslem, jason kapono, james posey, antwan walker, gary payton.

none of these guys are superstar but they fit the piece of a team that every teams needs. Something they don't have right now. will they have it in the future, probably...right now, far from it.

Quote:
depth and size for? Lebron can dunk on your LA's centers, Wade can dunk on LA's centers, Lebron can rebound over them...

When Miami won the championship who was their height? Shaq? He barely got enough minutes in the championship series and he was like what ? 55 years old.
This has nothing to do with who can dunk over who. Basketball is a game of match ups...and the heat don't match up....

starting with bynum....on one leg bynum created problems for the celtics in the finals.

artest is strong either to control lebron

gasol and bosh cancel out....so do wade and kobe

the biggest weakness the lakers have is at the point guard position. The heat have no one to exploit that.

and the one thing to remember is that not all of these guys are going to continue to play like your use to seeing them play....you think lebron is going to almost average a triple double this season?

until it becomes 3 on 3 or they start playing with 1 then one ball on the court the heat are still far from taking over the NBA.

hell they might not even make the finals because the magic match up with them well too.

Last edited by Evidence; 07-12-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #42
guest321_1
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
so no fisher on the heat.... guess cause farmar is going to the nets. still needed big time in LA...... we did lock down haslem though and jerry stackhouse was on NBA tv today and said flat out that he would take vet minimum to come play with the heat.
Yeah, Haslem is locked and Mike Miller is ready to join as well. Stackhouse will come soon.
guest321_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:19 AM   #43
guest321_1
Banned User

Do you guys think David Stern would schedule the Heat and Lakers to play on Christmas day? That would be great.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #44
patdeezy

My Ride: a grey e46 sedan
Send a message via AIM to patdeezy
Quote:
Do you guys think David Stern would schedule the Heat and Lakers to play on Christmas day? That would be great.
probably. that'll rake in crazy $$$

REALIE CLUB 2007 - I'M KEEPIN IT REAL!

SPONSORED BY
|SGC Godfather|
KOBE in 2012
patdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #45
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Pat is the ultimate motivator......He did this during the 2006 season.......

Riley once put a large bucket of ice water in front of him and told his team: "If you want to win a championship, you have to want it…"

Stopping in mid-sentence, Riley plunged his head into the water and kept it there for several seconds, which turned into a minute, which turned into even more than a minute. His players sat dumbfounded, watching, until Riley finally pulled his head out of the water and finished his sentence:

"…like it's your last breath."
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #46
2003 325i

My Ride: '03 Orient Blue 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camicia View Post
Bosh is not overrated, he is a very good player. Still, i'd always choose Gasol over him.
David Lee, Zack Randolph, Chris Bosh <- Players that averaged 20+ points and 10+ boards last year. That's a short list and no one would say Bosh isn't the best of the three.

Notice you don't find Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, or Dirk Nowitzki on that list.

The Heat now have the number 1, 4 and 6 (James, Wade, Bosh) players in the league last year in points, rebounds, assists (added up into 1 stat) that shows they have 3 guys who can share the ball, rebound the ball, and score the ball. The Lakers have #5, 17, 61 (Bryant, Gasol, Bynum).

Yes I am a Heat bandwagon fan. It's a side effect of being a disgruntled Raptors fan.

That being said the Lakers are the champs for a reason and I'm the first to say you need to beat the champ to be the champ, however I think the Heat with these 3 players and 9 other NBA calibre players (of really any level) are the overwhelming favourites.

Vegas also agrees with me and they have more $ on the line than all of us combined... that says something (8 to 5 on the heat, 4 to 1 on the Lakers).

Last edited by 2003 325i; 07-14-2010 at 06:22 PM.
2003 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #47
patdeezy

sorry i just had to

SPONSORED BY
|SGC Godfather|
KOBE in 2012
Old 07-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #48
EDawg

My Ride: :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003 325i View Post
David Lee, Zack Randolph, Chris Bosh <- Players that averaged 20+ points and 10+ boards last year. That's a short list and no one would say Bosh isn't the best of the three.

Notice you don't find Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, or Dirk Nowitzki on that list.

The Heat now have the number 1, 4 and 6 (James, Wade, Bosh) players in the league last year in points, rebounds, assists (added up into 1 stat) that shows they have 3 guys who can share the ball, rebound the ball, and score the ball. The Lakers have #5, 17, 61 (Bryant, Gasol, Bynum).
if you are a decent player on a crappy team, of course your stats will be inflated. put lee, randolph, or even bosh on a good team with other good players, and i'm sure their stats will diminish. also, despite james, wade, and bosh may be 1, 4, and 6 last year, they were on teams where they were the main guys. they will definitely not be 1, 4, and 6 this year because there are only so many baskets to score, so many rebounds to get, and so many assists to make for 1 team and they will have to share them. bottom line is personal stats don't tell the whole story. i mean, put dwight or pau on a crappy team, and i'm sure their stats will skyrocket.
EDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #49
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
living in Miami being a Laker fan just got so much more entertaining!!! lol

bandwagon is pretty much overflowin now

b!tches are celebratin like they won already...keys to the city, county, beach, press conferences, welcome parties, its ridiculous
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #50
guest321_1
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
living in Miami being a Laker fan just got so much more entertaining!!! lol

bandwagon is pretty much overflowin now

b!tches are celebratin like they won already...keys to the city, county, beach, press conferences, welcome parties, its ridiculous
Because everyone is smart enough to know that Miami is the favorite to win it all next season. Lakers are the team to beat because they are the "Champs" but after next season Miami will be the team to beat.

Have you seen the roster as of late?

Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Miller
Haslem
Zydrunas
(Juwan Howard) is yet to sign

we can even get Pat Riley to play for us...

Miller shot 48% last season beyond the 3pt line. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Heat had no depth when we prior to the week. No we have alot and Matt Barnes wants to come onboard as well.

By the time all the transactions are done, the Heat will probably be the best team ever in NBA history. Thanks to Pat Riley.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #51
Evidence

Quote:
Because everyone is smart enough to know that Miami is the favorite to win it all next season. Lakers are the team to beat because they are the "Champs" but after next season Miami will be the team to beat.

Have you seen the roster as of late?

Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Miller
Haslem
Zydrunas
(Juwan Howard) is yet to sign

we can even get Pat Riley to play for us...

Miller shot 48% last season beyond the 3pt line. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Heat had no depth when we prior to the week. No we have alot and Matt Barnes wants to come onboard as well.

By the time all the transactions are done, the Heat will probably be the best team ever in NBA history. Thanks to Pat Riley.
you not allowed in any basketball conversations after that comment.

you were talking bad about shaq with the 06 heat team...and now you think a team with big Z on it is gonna be the greatest team in nba history?

Edit: oh and big Z and juan howard aren't depth....i think kwame brown is a free agent, maybe they can add him to the greatest team in nba history roster too.

Last edited by Evidence; 07-16-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #52
4mused

My Ride: HPF Stage 4 M3
Quit heckling him before he gets his Baja panties in a bunch.

Everyone has stupid fantasies. Let him have his.

4mused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #53
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post

This has nothing to do with who can dunk over who. Basketball is a game of match ups...and the heat don't match up....

starting with bynum....on one leg bynum created problems for the celtics in the finals.

artest is strong either to control lebron

gasol and bosh cancel out....so do wade and kobe

the biggest weakness the lakers have is at the point guard position. The heat have no one to exploit that.

and the one thing to remember is that not all of these guys are going to continue to play like your use to seeing them play....you think lebron is going to almost average a triple double this season?

until it becomes 3 on 3 or they start playing with 1 then one ball on the court the heat are still far from taking over the NBA.

hell they might not even make the finals because the magic match up with them well too.
I've been preaching match-ups for years...people don't seem to understand it. I predicted the bulls to sweep the heat the last year shaq was there b/c of match ups. I haven't missed 1 series prediction in 2 years. MATCHUPS > A BUNCH OF SUPERSTARS/TALENT

oh and I predict if the Heat don't get a decent TALL center and a decent PASSING PG they're sh!t out of luck this coming season. Better go shopping some more Pat Riley...spend another 100mil tryin to buy another ring. Phil probably would've sold him one for less than 5 years 100mil LOL

Last edited by howie; 07-17-2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:54 AM   #54
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
signed joel anthony too

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #55
Evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
signed joel anthony too
Who?

3 players....surrounded by garbage
Old 07-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #56
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence View Post
Who?

3 players....surrounded by garbage
that's what I was thinking.

80 year old Juan howard SF Bron SF
85 year old Ilgauskas PF Bosh PF
3 pointers only miller SF Bron SF
rebounds only haslem PF Bosh PF

PLEASE EXPLAIN how u're gonna put all those player which play the same postition on the court at the same time? You still have no starting Center to match up with Bynum/Gasol/Garnett/Perkins/Howard and no starting PG to compete with Rondo/Nelson/Bibby!!!

I guess Bron bron wade n bosh will do all the rebounding, all the scoring, all the stealing, all blocking, boxing out, guard all 5 people on the other team for 48 minutes per game and still blow everyone out
Old 07-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #57
patdeezy

Quote:

PLEASE EXPLAIN how u're gonna put all those player which play the same postition on the court at the same time?
this is what ive been wondering as well this whole time... but its not my job to worry about that kinda sh!t lolll

SPONSORED BY
|SGC Godfather|
KOBE in 2012
Old 07-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #58
Evidence

Quote:

80 year old Juan howard SF Bron SF
85 year old Ilgauskas PF Bosh PF
3 pointers only miller SF Bron SF
rebounds only haslem PF Bosh PF

PLEASE EXPLAIN how u're gonna put all those player which play the same postition on the court at the same time? You still have no starting Center to match up with Bynum/Gasol/Garnett/Perkins/Howard and no starting PG to compete with Rondo/Nelson/Bibby!!!

I guess Bron bron wade n bosh will do all the rebounding, all the scoring, all the stealing, all blocking, boxing out, guard all 5 people on the other team for 48 minutes per game and still blow everyone out
They are going to play Small Ball.

4 guards 1 center/power forward

think of the 7 seconds of less suns on steroids

bosh
lebron
miller
wade
chalmers

if they want to play half court ball

Big Z
Haslem
Lebron
miller
wade

no one says they guys aren't gonna be good and fun to watch.....but we all have seen how many championships the suns have.

Last edited by Evidence; 07-19-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:54 PM   #59
iwannagofast

we are going to resign james jones

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #60
iwannagofast