E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
KMK-gvcbmwcca

My Ride: M3,A6,944TS,E-Type..
HPDE's at Watkins Glen

The Genesee Valley Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America would like to invite you to our upcoming High Performance Driving Events at Watkins Glen

For those of you new to track events, HPDEs provide an opportunity for you to learn high performance driving skills in your own vehicle, on a racetrack, in a controlled environment, with in-car instruction. The GVC Chapter has over 25 years of experience conducting High Performance Driving Schools and is nationally recognized for its structured, state-of-the-art, 2-day driving programs emphasizing skill development and safety. Come join in the fun while improving your driving skills!

Wednesday & Thursday August 25-26 - GVC Ultimate Mid-Week Driving School w/ Special Guest Instructor Ross Bentley

We are proud to present 2 concurrent driving programs at our mid-week event at Watkins Glen. The First Program features Ross Bentley’s Speed Secrets Advanced Driving Techniques Seminar and Driving School and is open to the first 50 highly experienced drivers (A, B level students who have been signed off to solo), club racers, and instructors that register.

Seminar Topics include: Common errors // 100% Tire Rule // De-mystifying Trail Braking // The Speed Equation // Slip Angles // Driving at the Limit // How to best learn a track // Tune my car or tune my driving? // Self coaching techniques // The art of brake application and release // Change of speed // Driving dynamics, traction circle // Springs, anti-roll bars, shock absorbers, tires //and much, much more!

Note: People wishing to just attend the Bentley seminar and not drive, can do so at a reduced cost

The Second Program is our traditional GVC Mid-week Driving School for advanced/intermediate and novice drivers. Each run group gets a minimum of 4 half-hour sessions of on-track instruction each day of the school. Between sessions, students get 3 one-hour sessions per day of classroom instruction in an interactive environment appropriate for their skill level.

http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/events/Eve...spx?EventID=79

Saturday & Sunday September 25-26- GVC Ultimate Driving School and Club Race at Watkins Glen

The Fall GVC Ultimate Driving School is our last of the season and includes the Stan Parker Memorial BMW CCA Club Race, named in honor of one of our Chapter's founders who was our Driving School Chief Instructor for many years. Practices, qualifying, and races (sprint and enduro) are slotted in as separate run groups from the students and instructors. Watkins Glen draws a great turnout of racers for this weekend (often over 70 cars) and the competition is always close and exciting.

Driving School students will be divided into different 3 “run groups” according to prior experience, each run group receives 3 half-hour sessions of in-car instruction each day of the school. Between sessions, students receive classroom instruction in an interactive environment appropriate for their skill level. Students also gain experience by riding with their instructors during the instructor run sessions.

http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org/events/Eve...spx?EventID=99

Additional information about the GVC BMW CCA and other events can be found at:
http://www.gvc-bmwcca.org

Questions? Email: kmk@gvc-bmwcca.org
KMK-gvcbmwcca is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
Hopefully I move to Syracuse in a year...I will definitely sign up for this!
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
mlee4984

My Ride: 2005 ZCP M3
Send a message via AIM to mlee4984
I ran WGI last year as my last event of the year with GVC, this may be the same for me this year...

Current: 2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic M3 ZCP
Gone but not forgotten: 2006 Smoky Granite Mica IS250 AWD
Gone but not forgotten: 2005 Red Honda CBR 600RR
mlee4984 is offline   Reply With Quote