E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Stupid noob situation, but need advice [Now with pic]

I recently got out of a long relationship that meant a lot to me. Lots of ups and downs and all that stuff, but the split was amicable and we're still very, very good friends.

For a long while, I didn't even think about looking for a girl. A hook-up or flirt maybe, but I was in no rush. I'm sort of picky, too. Yeah, I know.

Anyway, this last Saturday I was out on the town with a few buddies and we drank and joked and talked to everyone possible.

I ran into this girl who was snapping pics of her friend's birthday party and we got to talking. We went our own ways a little later, but I found her before closing and got her number. She typed it into my crappy $20 phone and called herself and saved my number, too.

Two days later, I call her. I had time to check out her facebook in the meantime. She's hotter than I remember. Anyway, no answer. I leave voicemail. My hope kind of dwindles. It's in her hands now. Not a good feeling.

I go on about my day. A little after midnight, as I'm talking on the phone, a text comes in: "i got your message. just now going to bed. sry." Not bad.

I don't reply immediately. The next day it takes me until 2 pm to figure out what to send. I end up with "I had fun talking to you. Maybe we could continue someplace not quite as loud next time. Can I entice you with coffee or ice cream." Could be better, certainly could be worse.

Here's the problem. No reply since. The rub? I upgraded my phone to the new iPhone yesterday. On top of me losing service for a little while, there was also a 4 hour AT&T outage yesterday due to some idiots cutting some communication cables.

So, I don't want to contact her twice in a row without her contacting me. At the same time I wonder if maybe she might have made an attempt.

She replied the first time, when it would have been the easiest to blow me off. Why wouldn't she now?

Just some pathetic thoughts on my mind this morning... I should act my age, I know.

Is it stupid to try to get in touch with her one more time?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Jonshmoe

My Ride: (GONE)
Send a message via AIM to Jonshmoe Send a message via MSN to Jonshmoe Send a message via Skype™ to Jonshmoe
just let it play it out....it should fall into your hands eventually
Old 07-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
wait a day, then send then FORWARD the exact same message again (remove the FW part) if she cant return texts within days, you dont want her. if she judges you for making sure she got a message, you don't want her. etc.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #4
BeRzErKaS

My Ride: 330ciC; Boosted E36
Send a message via ICQ to BeRzErKaS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I recently got out of a long relationship that meant a lot to me. Lots of ups and downs and all that stuff, but the split was amicable and we're still very, very good friends.

For a long while, I didn't even think about looking for a girl. A hook-up or flirt maybe, but I was in no rush. I'm sort of picky, too. Yeah, I know.

Anyway, this last Saturday I was out on the town with a few buddies and we drank and joked and talked to everyone possible.

I ran into this girl who was snapping pics of her friend's birthday party and we got to talking. We went our own ways a little later, but I found her before closing and got her number. She typed it into my crappy $20 phone and called herself and saved my number, too.

Two days later, I call her. I had time to check out her facebook in the meantime. She's hotter than I remember. Anyway, no answer. I leave voicemail. My hope kind of dwindles. It's in her hands now. Not a good feeling.

I go on about my day. A little after midnight, as I'm talking on the phone, a text comes in: "i got your message. just now going to bed. sry." Not bad.

I don't reply immediately. The next day it takes me until 2 pm to figure out what to send. I end up with "I had fun talking to you. Maybe we could continue someplace not quite as loud next time. Can I entice you with coffee or ice cream." Could be better, certainly could be worse.

Here's the problem. No reply since. The rub? I upgraded my phone to the new iPhone yesterday. On top of me losing service for a little while, there was also a 4 hour AT&T outage yesterday due to some idiots cutting some communication cables.

So, I don't want to contact her twice in a row without her contacting me. At the same time I wonder if maybe she might have made an attempt.

She replied the first time, when it would have been the easiest to blow me off. Why wouldn't she now?

Just some pathetic thoughts on my mind this morning... I should act my age, I know.

Try switching to Verizon. Better monthly rates and way more reliable than AT&T.

BMW 3 Series - "Welcome to the club."

Supercharged E-dIrTy-6 325is 5sp
Drop Top E-sPorTy-6 330cic Step
BeRzErKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
ahh that's rough. just resend it if you're not sure. then it's in her hands. no reply, then move on. i hate over-thinking in these situations.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Try once more then move on. I guess the good thing nowadays is that texting is prevalent in relationships, so you don't have to face the rejection face to face or even on the phone. Not a bad progression on the rejection front.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #7
Alan

My Ride: 2006 M3
1. Stop thinking about her. Apparently she isn't thinking about you. You have given her chances - she hasn't taken them.
2. Move on. If she is interested - she will let you know (I wouldn't stay up waiting for that call however).

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
'busa

I wasn't going to start by texting. I called, but got her voicemail so I left a message. To which she replied! Why reply to that and not now?

I'm considering giving her a call in the afternoon today. Worst case scenario I'll get the answering machine again and I'll leave another message. At least I'll know she got it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
busa, you've been around here long enough to know that you can't expect rational help without posting pics of the girl.

With that said, you should just resend the message. From the looks of it, she's not too interested otherwise she would have CALLED you back. That's what a normal person would do IMO. If you don't hear back from her, don't sweat it. Go out with the guys and find yourself a different nice girl.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
'busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
busa, you've been around here long enough to know that you can't expect rational help without posting pics of the girl.

With that said, you should just resend the message. From the looks of it, she's not too interested otherwise she would have CALLED you back. That's what a normal person would do IMO. If you don't hear back from her, don't sweat it. Go out with the guys and find yourself a different nice girl.
Well, she did reply at almost 1 a.m. That might be why she didn't call. Or she's shy. Why reply at all?

I don't know. I can dispense advice easily, but I suck when I'm in the situation myself. It's not a huge deal. This weekend is gearing up to be pretty good anyway, but I do like this girl.

Yes, I've been here long enough. Here you go, facebook pic is all I got:

I'm still thinking one more phone call and that's it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
busa you do come through. One more phone call might make it seem like desperation (or come of creepy). It's a tough call, only you can judge it. Good luck.

Last edited by kushy; 07-14-2010 at 12:01 PM.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
'busa

Something I forgot to mention. One of my buddies apparently talked to her friend and befriended said friend. He mentioned to me that the group may be doing something this Thursday (tomorrow) for one of the girls' birthday again. Just extra info.

The way I see it, my options and possible outcomes are:

A. Text
- Low effort
- If she received the text and didn't reply, it might seem a bit desperate
- Involves me waiting again
- Could possibly result in something if she answers
- Might seem a bit needy

B. Call
- She could answer
- I could get voicemail, in which case I leave it again, but at least it's more effort than a text
- Voicemail involves waiting
- If she received the text and didn't reply, it might seem a bit desperate
- I could get a date
- I might make myself look needy

C. Do Nothing
- She's just late and she'll contact me
- She doesn't care and nothing happens
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
aapriadi

My Ride: e90 325i
go with option c
aapriadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #15
joshzhp

My Ride: ZHP--Stock
You could send out a mass text to your friends about your new phone and include her. That might get the ball rolling again.
joshzhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #16
217Bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post

SaturdayAnyway, this last Saturday I was out on the town with a few buddies and we drank and joked and talked to everyone possible.

MondayTwo days later, I call her. I had time to check out her facebook in the meantime. She's hotter than I remember. Anyway, no answer. I leave voicemail. My hope kind of dwindles. It's in her hands now. Not a good feeling.

TuesdayI don't reply immediately. The next day it takes me until 2 pm to figure out what to send. I end up with "I had fun talking to you. Maybe we could continue someplace not quite as loud next time. Can I entice you with coffee or ice cream." Could be better, certainly could be worse.

dude, I just went through your timeline and you need to just chill out! If I'm correct you texted her Tuesday = yesterday afternoon, and you are freaking out this morning? I put in bold the days of your communication above. Lay low and see what happens.

edit - she is hot! nice pic.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
'busa

Really? I shouldn't expect a reply to a text within 24 hours?
Old 07-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
217Bimmer

I don't know. Do you know her schedule? Where she works, what else she has going on? Took her a day to get your voicemail. I've let texts sit for days, granted they were from girls I had no interest in ****ing, but still. Maybe she's on some knitting OT forum asking for advice on replying to your text and she hasn't come up with anything witty yet.

If you haven't heard back by tomorrow and want to contact her I would call her Friday evening with specific plans in mind for Sat night. That means asking her out on a date. Be assertive and ask her to dinner, a show, some other specific event. This vague texting leaves too many outs.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:16 PM   #19
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
C. Do Nothing
- She's just late and she'll contact me
- She doesn't care and nothing happens
-She cares, just playing it slow...

Wait to see if you get to see her again tomorrow, when you can talk her face-to-face. If not, call her Friday and see if she got your text.

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #20
'busa

Funny... Just got a text from her: "hey! sorry for my lack of quick response."

Not much to go on, but at least she's alive and somewhat interested... How long will I sit on this now?

Forgot to mention that she's leaving sometime next month for a semester. Can't delay too long.