E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Motorglobin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 337
My Ride: 2004 330xi
First autocross with the Cinci SCCA

I was literally shaking after my first run from all the adrenaline. It was over so quick, I had couldn't even process anything that I had done during the run. But then by the second run I was able to understand what I needed to fix and tweak to get my 330xi through the course more quickly. I ended up shaving 2 seconds off my best time on the last run! The run before that, I had a fellow e46er ride along with me (Ron, if you're here man) and he gave me some great pointers. For first time autocrossers, believe me when I say that it helps a lot to have someone riding with you.

Other than that though, I felt really comfortable getting my car around the cones with slight tire squeal. It was a great experience, and I urge anyone who wants to get into motorsports to try it out. Our cars handle autox really really well, and I was surprised with some of the things my xi was able to do (including oversteering on an incline!).

Effing awesome.
__________________


Motorglobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
badfast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Korea
Posts: 557
My Ride: A Car
Congrats! AutoX is very fun! It is good to see more e46 owners getting into this.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
abstracteknics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 260|513|267
Posts: 264
My Ride: RRR-1|three2eight
Send a message via Skype™ to abstracteknics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorglobin View Post
I was literally shaking after my first run from all the adrenaline. It was over so quick, I had couldn't even process anything that I had done during the run. But then by the second run I was able to understand what I needed to fix and tweak to get my 330xi through the course more quickly. I ended up shaving 2 seconds off my best time on the last run! The run before that, I had a fellow e46er ride along with me (Ron, if you're here man) and he gave me some great pointers. For first time autocrossers, believe me when I say that it helps a lot to have someone riding with you.

Other than that though, I felt really comfortable getting my car around the cones with slight tire squeal. It was a great experience, and I urge anyone who wants to get into motorsports to try it out. Our cars handle autox really really well, and I was surprised with some of the things my xi was able to do (including oversteering on an incline!).

Effing awesome.
Dudee your from the 'nati!?!? I go to school there! I've been trying to find some fanatics there only ppl I know live around the area are in Columbus or Dayton. Even so, they're not on e46, - they're on bf.c or ohio bimmers....

anyway, I'd be interested in autox-ing with you once I get back. I have a girl that goes to school with me that races/autox's with a crew!

... and she's maddd sexy...
__________________

Last edited by abstracteknics; 07-19-2010 at 11:59 PM.
abstracteknics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
kuksul08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California
Posts: 2,108
My Ride: M3
Sounds like fun!!!! (I'm also still coming off the adrenaline rush)

Do you have any upgrades to your car?
__________________

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
trippinbillies4
Registered User
 
trippinbillies4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 836
My Ride: '02 Mini, '13 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstracteknics View Post
Dudee your from the 'nati!?!? I go to school there! I've been trying to find some fanatics there only ppl I know live around the area are in Columbus or Dayton. Even so, they're not on e46, - they're on bf.c or ohio bimmers....

anyway, I'd be interested in autox-ing with you once I get back. I have a girl that goes to school with me that races/autox's with a crew!

... and she's maddd sexy...
Who's the girl?

~Cincy Region SCCA RE

__________________
__________________________________________________

'02 Mini Cooper #40HS, '13 Scion FR-S #40CS, '12 Ducati SF848
trippinbillies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Motorglobin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 337
My Ride: 2004 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstracteknics View Post
Dudee your from the 'nati!?!? I go to school there! I've been trying to find some fanatics there only ppl I know live around the area are in Columbus or Dayton. Even so, they're not on e46, - they're on bf.c or ohio bimmers....

anyway, I'd be interested in autox-ing with you once I get back. I have a girl that goes to school with me that races/autox's with a crew!

... and she's maddd sexy...
sounds good man. although i go to school in Illinois, so i wont be here when mid september rolls around around. im just home for the summer. definitely let me know if youre here before then.

girls who can drive


no mods to my car, except a broken rear spring!
__________________


Motorglobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
trippinbillies4
Registered User
 
trippinbillies4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 836
My Ride: '02 Mini, '13 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorglobin View Post
sounds good man. although i go to school in Illinois, so i wont be here when mid september rolls around around. im just home for the summer. definitely let me know if youre here before then.

girls who can drive


no mods to my car, except a broken rear spring!
If you're coming to the test and tune, I'll take your car for a spin (hopefully not literally) and see what it can do. It's money well spent, **** ton of runs, and all the free instruction you can handle.
__________________
__________________________________________________

'02 Mini Cooper #40HS, '13 Scion FR-S #40CS, '12 Ducati SF848
trippinbillies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
abstracteknics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 260|513|267
Posts: 264
My Ride: RRR-1|three2eight
Send a message via Skype™ to abstracteknics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorglobin View Post
sounds good man. although i go to school in Illinois, so i wont be here when mid september rolls around around. im just home for the summer. definitely let me know if youre here before then.

girls who can drive



no mods to my car, except a broken rear spring!
yes def my ex has a pretty aggressive street ported T67 (.96 hotside a/r) Rx-7 that she drifts and tracks in from time to time. GOD idk why I got rid of her.


and I'll definitely be there before then! (around 2nd week of aug) You should def. head over to the Road Rally in Columbus if you can! maybe we could cruise there together? Not many mods to my car either ( i haz no moneyzz) just simple intake and exhaust.. i have pulleys and headers sitting around in the garage, and im saving up for a shark and a 4.10 lsd from tms.
__________________

Last edited by abstracteknics; 07-21-2010 at 04:59 PM.
abstracteknics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #9
Motorglobin
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 337
My Ride: 2004 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinbillies4 View Post
If you're coming to the test and tune, I'll take your car for a spin (hopefully not literally) and see what it can do. It's money well spent, **** ton of runs, and all the free instruction you can handle.
sounds like it would be a great idea for me dave. ill check it out! instruction is definitely something i could use, and in driving and the car itself.



Quote:
Originally Posted by abstracteknics View Post
yes def my ex has a pretty aggressive street ported T67 (.96 hotside a/r) Rx-7 that she drifts and tracks in from time to time. GOD idk why I got rid of her.


and I'll definitely be there before then! (around 2nd week of aug) You should def. head over to the Road Rally in Columbus if you can! maybe we could cruise there together? Not many mods to my car either ( i haz no moneyzz) just simple intake and exhaust.. i have pulleys and headers sitting around in the garage, and im saving up for a shark and a 4.10 lsd from tms.
did YOU really get rid of HER? i kid i kid. speaking of rx-7's, there was a pretty ridiculous one at the autox. i wouldn't be able to tell you what the driver had done to it, but the thing was LOUD with what seemed like loads of power to back it up. i wish i couldve recorded a sound clip, hopefully ill see it again.

when is the road rally? are you talking about through the cincyscca? though i have to get a bunch of things on my car taken care of before i start going crazy with the motorsport opportunities (which is very hard to resist). sounds like youve got a great setup man, you should get those headers in there! and ive heard the chip can do wonders for a slightly modded car...but then again how much do i know really
__________________



Last edited by Motorglobin; 07-22-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Motorglobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use