E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #21
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNuts View Post
It may look dated where you are. But not where I am, since there aren't too many around. Every time I see a car just like mine going past in the opposit direction, I would think to myself I wish I have one of those. But, of course, I already have one of those.

As for the E46 M3, I never liked the fat ass. I prefer something more muscular as an extension of myself.
And you live in London....come on dude....

The BMW is a taxi in Germany. Do you live in Compton, England???
Old 07-22-2010, 09:47 PM   #22
SalM

My Ride: Shhh
Idk wtf u guys are talking about.... I agree with everyone who said The F3X Looks like sh1t
But Those who said the E9X is ugly I mean Dude It's a fuking beautiful car and dont tell me you wouldnt drive the new E90 Lci M3 or 335i (Msport)

But like veryone else also said E46 parts are so expensive because of Demand E46's are getting cheaper... More People Buying Concludes to more people to buy mods there fore the higher demand for parts the higer the price is

SalMPhotography
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
SalM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitthefloer View Post
I rather drink piss out a wine glass than drive an F3x
Im pretty sure everyone here would rather drive the F3X than drink piss out of a wine glass ..... Because the piss is really salty and the taste is very unnappealing But thats just my .02 Cents

SalMPhotography
Old 07-22-2010, 09:55 PM   #24
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalM View Post
Idk wtf u guys are talking about.... I agree with everyone who said The F3X Looks like sh1t
But Those who said the E9X is ugly I mean Dude It's a fuking beautiful car and dont tell me you wouldnt drive the new E90 Lci M3 or 335i (Msport)

But like veryone else also said E46 parts are so expensive because of Demand E46's are getting cheaper... More People Buying Concludes to more people to buy mods there fore the higher demand for parts the higer the price is
I actually think most BMW maintenance parts are not that expensive. Now for mods like a supercharger, tuning, they are going to cost quite a bit as there really is not as much demand for them as say a Vortech SC on a Mustang. Supply and demand apply here. Also, not much you can get out of a 3 series with low $$$$ HP wise. If you wanted a car that was cheap the modify, you chose the wrong platform.

Exterior mods for the BMW are actually cheap as heck.
Interior mods for the BMW are pretty cheap also.
Something like a Dynavin for the audio all in one package is very cheap.

Rims....they are no difference from any other cars unless you want BBS, there are always reps though.

What more do you want? Another thing, if you buy a BMW as your first teenage car.....expect to pay for repairs if you get a cheap one with high miles. Expect to pay more for insurance because you are under 25. Expect to pay for premium gas.

If any of the negatives make you piss and moan.....get rid of the BMW and buy something else, the car is probably not in your best interest. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
monkeyjuice5150

My Ride: ///M3 droptop
Send a message via AIM to monkeyjuice5150
Get a better paying job...?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
SalM

^ This Right Here Is Exactly How Its Done.... Thank you my man for finishing my sentence (Carcus) your right also most mods are cheap and maintainance isnt bad i pay at the most $100 a year for maintainance only oil change and i do my oil through the dealer and exterior and interior as you said, are cheap aswell like superchargers and all this other high end mods are expensive too I mena even on any car your going to pay tope $$$$$ for superchargers

SalMPhotography
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #27
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalM View Post
^ This Right Here Is Exactly How Its Done.... Thank you my man for finishing my sentence (Carcus) your right also most mods are cheap and maintainance isnt bad i pay at the most $100 a year for maintainance only oil change and i do my oil through the dealer and exterior and interior as you said, are cheap aswell like superchargers and all this other high end mods are expensive too I mena even on any car your going to pay tope $$$$$ for superchargers
Yep, I love my E46....it is paid off, I like the way it does the job it was designed for. If you want to make it fast like a M3.....it is going to cost you. The BMW 3 series is a great car built to handle and make the driver happy in the seat. It was not built as a muscle car. Too many people think the BMW is fast just looking at the BMW emblem.

Can you make it quick...yes, but by the HP standard of today's cars....unless you have money to blow not worth it.

Some may say...hey, this idiot is talking out his arse...he has a full Dinan package.

Yes I do, I bought most of the parts used, and most are suspention mods. The Stage II tuning and stuff really never made a difference to me, lesson learned on my part.

My rims....M3 reps, 17" for the potholes out here and not staggered so I can rotate the tires.

The CF interior, I got a good deal on it.....other little interior mods like the SMG wheel and paddle shifters, got it used and hooked it up with a DIY,

CF GTR hood and CSL trunk....they are pretty cheap from sponsors. For me, they just are things I like.

The Dynavin.....can't beat what it offers for the price. Was going to get another Alpine CVA but wanted something that looked OEM and easy install.

I sold all my underhood CF stuff that was expensive since no one really wants to see under the hood of a 200 HP car....at least from my muscle car experience.

If you find a good indy mechanic, change the oil yourself, get some good Akebono brake pads, take care of the car and do not make it sound like a Honda with a straight open exhaust......they are great cars. This is my 3rd BMW. I just love the drivers feel. My 2 cents. Hopefully I did not make some people ticked off. And I am not old, I am 39. Have been around the world and owned/driven many cars. If I could have a fun car back I owned...my Euro Spec Porsche 914/6......funnest car I ever drove in.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:21 PM   #28
carcus

Also...I do understand that for anyone who buys a used car....which ALL E46 cars are now....and you are on a budget...I understand even cheap rims, mods, insurance, gas, and stuff can seem expensive. Main thing is buy something that you like, you have planned out what it will cost you and what you want to do in your budget. This goes for everyone pretty much on every type of car. Well, unless you are rich and $$$$ are not an issue.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #29
///Miller325ci

My Ride: 2005 Dinan-S2 325Ci
for me... i've always said never settle for less than what you really want if you cant afford it just save up for it and buy it when you can...
///Miller325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #30
cdford

My Ride: 330Cic & 325Cic
Hey!, this is the e46fanatics site, everything else is ugly junk.
cdford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #31
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdford View Post
Hey!, this is the e46fanatics site, everything else is ugly junk.
But some of us live in the world of reality.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #32
blarf

My Ride: '00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
And you live in London....come on dude....

The BMW is a taxi in Germany. Do you live in Compton, England???
FWIW I saw way more BMWs (including the fugly E46 compact) in Stuttgart (and not so many Benzes oddly enough) than in London.
blarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:39 PM   #33
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Have you looked at costs involved with modding a porsche?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote