E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #21
BigMikeE46

My Ride: 02 325i, 03 SC COBRA
Send a message via AIM to BigMikeE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzym3 View Post
typical m3 driver? that's a typical response to someone who doesn't own one
POST #2 YAAY!!!!! Your getting there buddy

Below is a pic taken on 1/16/10
Photobucket
BigMikeE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #22
Josh330ci

My Ride: 04 330ci
Quote:
typical m3 driver? that's a typical response to someone who doesn't own one
Youre acting like you deserve a higher level of respect because you own an M. People generally buy cars to suit their needs, and then some who buy to compensate for something else. You're responding like a true stereotype of why people think were all *******. I have friends with 15k camaros that will literally smoke your M. Check your ego at the door
Old 07-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #23
CBIRDave

My Ride: CB M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh330ci View Post
Youre acting like you deserve a higher level of respect because you own an M. People generally buy cars to suit their needs, and then some who buy to compensate for something else. You're responding like a true stereotype of why people think were all *******. I have friends with 15k camaros that will literally smoke your M. Check your ego at the door
.....but then again they own a camaro and not a bmw M3. i hate those come backs.

anyways, im probally going to wait a week or two and get the lightweight flywheel from turner and just do both soon.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #24
jrzym3

My Ride: 03 m3
///m3... djayr notice not one m3 driver said something lol ??
jrzym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #25
dakkon

My Ride: e46 330ci/e30 318is
Quote:
Originally Posted by l djayr l View Post
.....but then again they own a camaro and not a bmw M3. i hate those come backs.

anyways, im probally going to wait a week or two and get the lightweight flywheel from turner and just do both soon.
Did you look at UUC, they make good clutches.. i have a performance organic clutch from them, and it takes the beating i give it. or a ceramic clutch, that would hold up the best.. one of my buddies has one in his supercharged ZHP, and even though it's a 6 puck clutch, its still pretty easy to drive...

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

from their M3 clutch page.

UUC STAGE 2 FLYWHEEL AND STAGE 3 CERAMIC CLUTCH holds over 500rwhp from AA Supercharged E46 M3 SMG:

Turner sells good products also... everything but the clutch/flywheel on my car is from turner..
dakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #26
CBIRDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkon View Post
Did you look at UUC, they make good clutches.. i have a performance organic clutch from them, and it takes the beating i give it. or a ceramic clutch, that would hold up the best.. one of my buddies has one in his supercharged ZHP, and even though it's a 6 puck clutch, its still pretty easy to drive...

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

from their M3 clutch page.

UUC STAGE 2 FLYWHEEL AND STAGE 3 CERAMIC CLUTCH holds over 500rwhp from AA Supercharged E46 M3 SMG:

Turner sells good products also... everything but the clutch/flywheel on my car is from turner..
sweet. i already got a Spec clutch, i bought it for a good price so if i got the flywheel seperate it would be cheaper then the clutch/fly combo.

after this im done modding for a long time. when i bought this car (my second M3) i said i was only going to do minor things lol im already 6k plus in mods alone....i guess thats what i get for being a fanatic right? lol
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
jrzym3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh330ci View Post
ok sweet my uncle has worlds fastest corvette what does that mean??? nothing.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #28
jrzym3

yeoo djayr you should have just to m3 forums were u dont have to deal with automatic shopping cars haha
Old 07-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #29
CBIRDave

Quote:
yeoo djayr you should have just to m3 forums were u dont have to deal with automatic shopping cars haha
hey hey hey you cant knock the base 3 series. im thinking of buying one and making it my track car. coming from a M3 owner, they are fast around a track when built right i must say.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #30
MileHiXi
Banned

My Ride: '02 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir4t View Post
This might blow your mind .. I have 2 cars ?

There's no technical difficulties in doing a change , just the weight of the tranny.

It might get "sticky" on the dowels , however if you have had 2 jobs they should be loose by now ^^
what do you do if it does get sticky" on the dowels? My clutch is fine atm but I'm at 120k miles so who knows when I'm going to have to do this. How long do clutches normally last?
MileHiXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #31
jrzym3

Quote:
hey hey hey you cant knock the base 3 series. im thinking of buying one and making it my track car. coming from a M3 owner, they are fast around a track when built right i must say.
ok djr ur right i would only get a (reg) 3 series to beat upp at a the track lets go buy them tomorrow?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #32
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
ok djr ur right i would only get a (reg) 3 series to beat upp at a the track lets go buy them tomorrow?
lmao, you drive a 7 year old car worth less than $20,000.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #33
nastyemu

My Ride: e46
jrzym3 finally saved up enough paper route money to buy a 7 year old M3. look out world!
nastyemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #34
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89 View Post
I doubt he can afford anything more expensive. As it is he has to spend the next 25 years flipping burgers to pay for his 7 year old banger.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #35
CBIRDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiXi View Post
what do you do if it does get sticky" on the dowels? My clutch is fine atm but I'm at 120k miles so who knows when I'm going to have to do this. How long do clutches normally last?
i only have 43k on my M lol but i track the car alot so stock clutches go fast....normal driving they last real long.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #36
N89

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyemu View Post
jrzym3 finally saved up enough paper route money to buy a 7 year old M3. look out world!
, too bad the welfare money wasn't put to it's intended use, but at least he's not insecure anymore, he's got the world's most unattainable car.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #37
N89

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNuts View Post
I doubt he can afford anything more expensive. As it is he has to spend the next 25 years flipping burgers to pay for his 7 year old banger.
I know right? He's probably making payments on it
Old 07-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #38
CBIRDave

not siding with anyone but for all we know his M3 can be his daily driver or track car. we really do not know what he does for a living so stop passing comments about welfare checks and still making payments for 25 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89 View Post
im sorry but you dont own an M3 and your car is not worth more then 20,000 either? i dont know what your trying to prove there.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #39
N89

Quote:
not siding with anyone but for all we know his M3 can be his daily driver or track car. we really do not know what he does for a living so stop passing comments about welfare checks and still making payments for 25 years.

im sorry but you dont own an M3 and your car is not worth more then 20,000 either? i dont know what your trying to prove there.
The point is ridiculously obvious, and if you can't see why we're making these comments then it's not even worth it to explain it to you since you still won't understand.

And since you really don't know what he does, how do you know what I do and that I don't own an M?

I'll give you a hint: I don't think I'm better than everyone else because I drive a 7 year old car that anyone with a decent job can get.

Last edited by N89; 07-26-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #40
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
we really do not know what he does for a living
Even so, I vote for burger flipping.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote