E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #21
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post

na I don't think so, just the big names, tv guy, Pete, busty secretary, and whats her face
I am sure once they get up and running they will bring more people back as the new agency is struggling now, I just can't see them eliminating all those characters from the show.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #22
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
i have never seen this show....is it worth catching up on?

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #23
Black107

My Ride: 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I am sure once they get up and running they will bring more people back as the new agency is struggling now, I just can't see them eliminating all those characters from the show.
Well, Cosgrove was the head of accounts at Sterling Cooper. Campbell was pissed cause he got passed up so he was eager to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if Cosgrove stayed.

Kinsey...eh, he wasn't very good, and he was a pain in the ass and eccentric, I wouldn't be surprised if he let him be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
i have never seen this show....is it worth catching up on?
Yes! Its really well written, produced, and of course, acted.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #24
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Well, Cosgrove was the head of accounts at Sterling Cooper. Campbell was pissed cause he got passed up so he was eager to leave. I wouldn't be surprised if Cosgrove stayed.

Kinsey...eh, he wasn't very good, and he was a pain in the ass and eccentric, I wouldn't be surprised if he let him be.
All good points, but I think as far as the show is concerned they will somehow incrporate these people back in once the new agency gets up and running.

Sure from a business standpoint, within the plot, it may not make sense as of now, but from an overall effect on the show I think they will find a way to bring them back. Much like with Betty, just because her and Don are divorced, that doesnt mean she will not still be part of the show somehow.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:05 PM   #25
Black107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
All good points, but I think as far as the show is concerned they will somehow incrporate these people back in once the new agency gets up and running.

Sure from a business standpoint, within the plot, it may not make sense as of now, but from an overall effect on the show I think they will find a way to bring them back. Much like with Betty, just because her and Don are divorced, that doesnt mean she will not still be part of the show somehow.
Possibly, kind of how they brought Joan back in. Betty is different, as she's a primary character. Kinsey/Cosgrove are not. But I guess we'll see.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:57 AM   #26
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
hahahah, good episode; Sterling was on fire lol...

"We need to change the rating from convalescent home to Roman orgy"
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #27
Black107

I'm kind of pissed Don banged his secretary. I dont know why, as I'm usually cheering him on when he was getting some dips in past episodes, but this one struck me badly. Here she goes to his apt to give him his keys because his drunk ass forgot them, and then he grabbed her. Then the next day, he acted like it was nothing, never happened. I dunno, Don lost some points with me on that one.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #28
CMT247

Agreed, that was a lame move on his part
Old 08-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #29
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
What was he supposed to do? He wanted to bang at the time. Tomorrow he didn't feel like having a relationship with her. It's Don. A fictional character, by the way.

I was perfectly fine with it. It was sort of surprising, but that's good. It wasn't surprising for the sake of a twist, but just to indicate that sometimes people do things they should not or may not want to.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #30
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
I just watched all 3 seasons plus the first two episodes of the 4th season of Mad Men in a period of about 3 weeks. I'm officially hooked and this is my fav show on TV. If anyone has ever read the fountain head by Ayn Rand, Don reminds me of a real life version Howard Roark. I have a love hate relationship with Betty, I mean shes so hot but she acts like a **** sometimes. However, Don did cheat on her repeatedly so i guess she was justified in leaving him.

This is definitely a mans show. If your still in high school or college without any working experience then I doubt this would appeal to you. I didn't like this show a couple years back but now I find I relate to the characters better. Don and Sterling are my fav characters and I'm starting to warm up to Pete Campbell, everyones been that guy once in their lives. My fav scene was at the end of season 4 episode 1 where Don is giving is story to the Wall Street Journal after he kicks out those clients.

The thing I like about this show is that the story matches the time period perfectly. Im seen alot of shows set in the 60s but this felt more realistic. The neighbor hitting another neighbors kids, Pregnant women smoking, throwing all their trash out at the park. Little things like that made me grin. The wardrobe is amazing and Joan is smoking hot even though by todays standards she'd be considered fat lol.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose

Last edited by Sneaky; 08-08-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #31
CMT247

yeah it really does fit the time. Nice top 10 for Mad Men, check it out: http://www.askmen.com/top_10/enterta...-could_10.html

Soooooo true
Old 08-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
Black107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
I just watched all 3 seasons plus the first two episodes of the 4th season of Mad Men in a period of about 3 weeks. I'm officially hooked and this is my fav show on TV. If anyone has ever read the fountain head by Ayn Rand, Don reminds me of a real life version Howard Roark. I have a love hate relationship with Betty, I mean shes so hot but she acts like a **** sometimes. However, Don did cheat on her repeatedly so i guess she was justified in leaving him.

This is definitely a mans show. If your still in high school or college without any working experience then I doubt this would appeal to you. I didn't like this show a couple years back but now I find I relate to the characters better. Don and Sterling are my fav characters and I'm starting to warm up to Pete Campbell, everyones been that guy once in their lives. My fav scene was at the end of season 4 episode 1 where Don is giving is story to the Wall Street Journal after he kicks out those clients.

The thing I like about this show is that the story matches the time period perfectly. Im seen alot of shows set in the 60s but this felt more realistic. The neighbor hitting another neighbors kids, Pregnant women smoking, throwing all their trash out at the park. Little things like that made me grin. The wardrobe is amazing and Joan is smoking hot even though by todays standards she'd be considered fat lol.
Agreed, the subtle nuances are what makes this show feel authentic.

Oh, and as for Joan...

http://entertainment.blogs.foxnews.c...st-hot-photos/

Esquire's sexiest woman of 2010

Last edited by Black107; 08-08-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Black107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #33
CMT247

hmm, interesting episode
Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #34
MissLisa

My Ride: z4 M Roadster
Send a message via Skype™ to MissLisa
I don't want this season to come to an end. It went bay too fast. =(

Sneaky, I think it's a woman's show too. There are a some strong women characters in the show. Don's ex-wife, however, is not one of them. She is annoying as f*ck.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #35
Black107

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLisa View Post
I don't want this season to come to an end. It went bay too fast. =(

Sneaky, I think it's a woman's show too. There are a some strong women characters in the show. Don's ex-wife, however, is not one of them. She is annoying as f*ck.
I think it was season 1 or 2 where Betty's psychiatrist was telling Don "we're dealing with the emotions of a child here." In many ways, she seems very immature and...dim.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #36
MissLisa

My Ride: z4 M Roadster
Send a message via Skype™ to MissLisa
Quote:
I think it was season 1 or 2 where Betty's psychiatrist was telling Don "we're dealing with the emotions of a child here." In many ways, she seems very immature and...dim.
I agree about Betty.

I also agree about Don this season. Normally, at some point you'd feel bad for him or cheer him on, but this season. I feel like he's totally lost his sh*t.

There are tons of strong women in Mad Men though. Joan, Peggy, Rachel Menken, Dr. Miller.

I love the show. Can't wait for tonight.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #37
Black107

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLisa View Post
I agree about Betty.

I also agree about Don this season. Normally, at some point you'd feel bad for him or cheer him on, but this season. I feel like he's totally lost his sh*t.

There are tons of strong women in Mad Men though. Joan, Peggy, Rachel Menken, Dr. Miller.

I love the show. Can't wait for tonight.
This season has quite possibly revealed the most about Don. To me, it seems like he's forever broken and doesn't care about anything or anyone, even himself.

Its interesting you mention Joan and Peggy in the same breath. I view Joan as someone who is very insecure in her abilities and self worth, and therefore makes up for it by using her natural assets and social skills to get attention. You can see her bullyish tendencies when she's pushing around the secretaries in the office or exchanging verbal jabs with Peggy. Peggy on the other hand is more confident in her own abilities and value, but self conscious about her appearance and social skills.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #38
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Old 10-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #39
Black107

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
His new chick is bommmmmb
Old 10-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #40
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Great season finale.

I feel bad for the Dr but you can tell Don finally felt like himself with the new chick in Cali.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote