E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Whites Surprisingly Chill About Becoming Minority

Interesting.

Quote:
The U.S. is in the midst of a demographic transition unlike any in history. No nation with a white European ethnic majority has evolved to become a nonwhite-majority nation, a shift the U.S. is on track to achieve by mid-century. Certainly no nation has done so after half a millennium in which white Europeans and their American kin colonized much of the (nonwhite) world, and dominated global economics and warfare.

This is the context in which current U.S. debates over immigration take place. Given the enormity of the change, opposition to immigration among white Americans is shocking only for its lack of breadth and urgency.

We have been here before -- almost. "The projected shift to a 'majority minority' nation with respect to the white race as it's classified now in the U.S. has a parallel with an earlier shift," noted William Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, via e-mail. The official response in that case was significantly more vehement.

In the early 20th century, Congress, backed by the "science" of eugenics, restricted immigration by the "races" of southern and eastern Europe, which were generally viewed as inferior stock. Madison Grant's 1916 book, "The Passing of the Great Race," argued for Nordic supremacy to maintain the nation's stature. A 1917 law created the Asiatic Barred Zone to further curtail already limited immigration from most of Asia and the Middle East. And in 1921 and 1924 new immigration restrictions were imposed to privilege admission to the U.S. of immigrants from Germany, Ireland and the U.K. and to reduce the flow of most others.

Current resistance to nonwhite immigration -- including opposition to the legalization of undocumented immigrants who are already here -- is weak by comparison. According to a December Pew Research Center/USA Today survey, 70 percent of Americans supported legal status for undocumented immigrants living in the U.S., with 43 percent also supporting a path to citizenship. Specifically among whites, 64 percent said undocumented immigrants should be allowed to stay in the U.S. legally if certain requirements are met.

White fears of being overrun aren't entirely dead, and evidence of white backlash isn't hard to come by. In a 2013 poll by Latino Decisions, 61 percent of white conservatives and 56 percent of whites 65 or older agreed that growing racial diversity would fuel discrimination against whites. Conservative efforts to clamp down on voting rights and even birthright citizenship have a distinctly racial cast. Likewise, the racism that has percolated throughout the presidency of Barack Obama -- himself a symbol of the nation's demographic future -- suggests that many Americans are resistant to change.

But given how momentous the transition is, it's remarkable that white backlash isn't broader and more intense. "It really is a puzzle," said Deborah Schildkraut, a political scientist at Tufts University and the author of "Americanism in the Twenty-First Century: Public Opinion in the Age of Immigration."

It's "very normal" for an ethnic group to fear the loss of dominance in a changing society, Schildkraut said. Yet white support for legalizing the roughly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. is "at or near majority support," she added. "I'm honestly not sure what to attribute it to."

Schildkraut cited a few theories, including increasing acceptance of the notion that American identity has been decoupled from racial ancestry. That could be one reason that the overt white nationalism of European right-wing parties has struggled to gain stronger purchase in the U.S. Instead, Republican immigration restrictionists appear likely to be eclipsed by those who view political support from Hispanics (and Asians) as the only viable route to the party's national success. On the Democratic side, restrictionists already have been routed. When Hillary Clinton recently announced her solidarity with undocumented immigrants, promising to surpass Obama in the aggressive use of executive action in their behalf, there was no rebuttal from Democrats and the mainstream Republican response was strikingly muted.

Given the nation's peculiarly brutal racial history, the relative quiet is a great achievement. As the U.S. moves rapidly toward a white minority (unless, like Italians before them, Hispanics generally come to identify as "white"), American culture and politics will change accordingly. Yet beneath the surface agitation, powerful sectors of U.S. society -- including much of the federal government, big business, education, the military -- are moving not to block the transition, but to ease it. Conflict, racist and otherwise, will continue to arise; it inevitably does. But for a nation that only half a century before produced bloodshed as whites sought to block a small black minority from accessing democratic power, it's so far, so good.
http://www.bloombergview.com/article...oming-minority

Quote:
White Americans to become minority by 2044 thanks to ageing population while Hispanics will make up a quarter of U.S. citizens

-Deaths to outnumber births in whites by 2025 leading to population drop
-In 30 years 49 per cent of U.S. will be white, dropping to 44 per cent in 2060
-Asian population will double in 30 years thanks in part to immigration

While whites will still be the single largest ethnic group in America by 2044, when all the minorities are added together, it will form a 'majority minority' population.

That trend will continue into 2060 when white people will make up around 44 per cent of Americans, according to research by Brookings Institution.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-citizens.html

"My philosophy as a businessman has always been to take care of the people who make me successful. It has always been "we" in my business conversations with others. At a certain point in a successful business it behooves one to make sure those doing a good job of supporting you are not struggling to make ends meet."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #2
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Alpha bruh.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #3
TIHZ TA3

My Ride: Elise SC
Whites will probably still possess most of the wealth for quite a while.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIHZ TA3 View Post
Whites will still possess all of the wealth forever.
fixed

dats how we do , monica.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:23 PM   #5
TIHZ TA3

My Ride: Elise SC
There are a few other races that are also decent with money, intelligence, and ambition.

Mainly Asian.

But they are short.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Azn Pride
nikkeiS2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #7
BreakfastBurrito

My Ride: stock
Quote:
There are a few other races that are also decent with money, intelligence, and ambition.

Mainly Asian.

But they are short.
I used to think the same thing about Indian people, until I went to India.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 06-16-2015, 11:36 PM   #8
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:

Mainly Asian.

But they are short.
and have tiny pesnises...they won't get far.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:36 PM   #9
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
I predict that we are going to breed the whites out or make them want to leave the coastal states and live in middle America. Those that refuse to live in middle America will move to Europe, which is already happening today. The immigrants left remaining in America will all kill each other and the whites will move back to America. The cycle will repeat itself. The end.
nikkeiS2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #10
Cowspoo

My Ride: 328Ci
Wouldnt whites be eliminated one day since color + white = color
Old 06-17-2015, 12:22 AM   #11
Fergo
Banned User

My Ride: still a gay 135i
this thread gave me cancel
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:23 AM   #12
SD 328I

My Ride: S197, E90, and 1125R
Quote:
Whites will probably still possess most of the wealth for quite a while.
Asians already have the highest median income in the United States for over a decade, but now its estimated in the next 20 years Asians will over take whites in wealth in the United States.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:26 AM   #13
Brucifer325

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Whites will be chill about it until they actually become the minority.

Then they will riot because that's what minorities do.

"Love Us with Money, or We'll Hate you with Hammers!" - Milk & Cheese

BMWCCA# 147961
Brucifer325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:45 AM   #14
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer325 View Post
Whites will be chill about it until they actually become the minority.

Then they will riot because that's what minorities do.
Lol.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #15
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowspoo View Post
Wouldnt whites be eliminated one day since color + white = color
There are a lot of long term trend predictions wherein true caucasions become much more of a minority because of the point you outlined.

Present
2011 BMW 335d - die kohle rollen
Past
2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

1-22-2015 2-45-09 PM
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #16
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Did anyone interview Chase?
Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #17
217Bimmer

My Ride: Dodge Durango
as long as we keep them poor and uneducated there will be no problem keeping a white minority in power. just be ready for a war when **** hits the fan. and thanks to people like jj everyone will have a gun. will be a fun time in the year 2050.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #18
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
He immediately moved to the Northwest Territories of Canada when he read this thread to insulate himself from the ensuing shift in demographics.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:44 AM   #19
Lair

My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
Old 06-17-2015, 10:46 AM   #20
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
It's ok by me. Today I decided to identify as black.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote