E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

View Poll Results: Dumpster thread
z00 11 68.75%
Zell 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
Dumpster Thread v2.0: z00

I'll just leave this quote here. This is a 34 year-old man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Hello peasant kings, the ace is back. Clearly some of you have no idea about graduate school programs. No lube this time it's gonna hurt.

Steve and I go at it, then some folks doubt my education and salary, and ask for proof. Which I provided, I have nothing to hide. If you cannot make sense of the proof it's your damn problem. Then, this happens:

Some say degree is fake from Russia
Some say what I posted is photoshoped
When all things fail and butthurt people are cornered, they say ALM degree is irrelevant.

Well let me set you straight. None of you geniuses even asked about my undergrad which was a B.S. in Information Science from a top engineering school (PSU). With honors and distinction, I finished it in 3 years with deans approval to take 21 credits each semester as I could not afford staying more than 3 years. I was one of few to be top 1% among 3400 others in the same department. My name was written on a new building because I was so damn fly in my final project and best cumulative GPA. Watch now how some will ask for proof

Grad programs come in two flavors; one for academia and research (PhD route), the other is prof degree flavor. You could get a math degree in Liberal Arts. The specialization is what makes the difference. How is a PhD in engineering still called Doctors of Philosophy? You must feel more stupid now. BTW, Harvard has 12 colleges (dental, law, medicine, undergrad college, grad, etc...) when you're accepted in any college you have the same rights as any other student (ID, library, alumni clubs, etc...) within a college's needs (labs, network, etc...).

Depending on one's goals, any decent school offers multiple options. Academia grad programs are all full-time and students end up either in research or teaching (PhD). Prof programs (like mine) could be part or full-time. Acceptance rate in either program is low. Go research it.

As far as salary, any top talent in bay area can make $200k. Go to glassdoor.com, put in software architect, click on salaries section, look at max (top talent range). It's all in $190K to 250k. There is a cloud security architect at Cisco, the base is $250k. This is normal, I'm surprised many people are unaware of it. Look up "10x engineer", this top talent can be picky about where they work and what they're paid.

Not all engineering fields are equal when it comes to salary. Three of my siblings have PhDs in engineering (Civil and naval). I make more than them. I Know few people who have PhDs in math and physics and they don't make much.

So, whatever it's that you're insecure about it, be it your height, baldness, ugly face, incomplete facial hair, education, or career. Try to fix it instead of getting butthurt. Happy holidays!

BTW, ending it with this HSV girl was the best decision. Now I have a genuine friend, after I articulated why things won't work out in the long run. She said she appreciated my honesty and we can be friends. She is taking me to a party in SF, she told me there will be many women to mingle with. She is the coolest woman ever. Or she is going to kill me. Steve, if I'm not back on OT by Mon, come investigate!
This is official. As usual, a person calls out a member and a public poll determines who gets a ban. I'm implementing some new rules...

1. The person that calls out someone else automatically gets 5 votes against them.

2. If the person that calls out someone else loses... they get a TWO WEEK ban

3. If the called out person loses... They get a ONE WEEK ban

4. If the person called out really does not want to participate, PM a MOD
but that needs to be done immediately (not after you find out you're losing)

5. Excessive gloating from the victor should result in a 1 day ban

6. Self-recorded shaming video of the loser (crying, pie in face, anything embarrassing) may result in voiding the impeding ban

7. Poll must be public.... ONLY one selection per voter... and poll ends after 3 days

8. If you create a thread without following the rules of #7.... you will be instant banned for 1 day
Old 12-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
In
Old 12-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
In for pics of hsv girl

brown magic
Old 12-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #4
saace7

My Ride: is for chicks
z00 provided me with these pictures from his personal cell phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	courtney_love_face_herpes_1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	584332   Click image for larger version

Name:	herpes.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	584333  

08 135i - red leather w/ sport pkg
04 zhp - a tree killed it. RIP 7/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpgolf1 View Post
BMW does not make a "super car". They make some super cars, but not a "super car".

Last edited by saace7; 12-20-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
5 votes added to Zell per the rules, but I'm "in" to see where this goes. z00 is going to end up on another vacation.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
lol

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
5 votes added to Zell per the rules, but I'm "in" to see where this goes. z00 is going to end up on another vacation.
I always forget you're a mod now

brown magic
Old 12-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
TIHZ TA3

My Ride: Elise SC
Is zoo a curry snorting sand n?
Old 12-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #9
bimmerfan08

After this, I vote we stop banning forum entertainment as it can get dry around here when the key characters are on vacations simultaneously.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
GasKing

My Ride: 14 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
After this, I vote we stop banning forum entertainment as it can get dry around here when the key characters are on vacations simultaneously.
I should call you out.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
saace7

My Ride: is for chicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
I should call you out.
do it

08 135i - red leather w/ sport pkg
04 zhp - a tree killed it. RIP 7/2/14

Quote:
BMW does not make a "super car". They make some super cars, but not a "super car".
Old 12-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
bimmerfan08

Quote:
I should call you out.
You won't.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #13
orb

My Ride: Coupè
Voted for z00 because it's what all the cool kids are doing

Quote:
The e46 M3 is by far the most boring and worst M3 that BMW has made to date.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #14
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
I should call you out.
do it!
Old 12-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
MDydinanM

My Ride: is a ///M
voted
Old 12-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Zoo sent me a PM opting out. Sorry, fellas.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Closed Thread