E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #21
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
No one said it is the best deal out there, tons of people crap on Dinan products and have never owned one. No one said a Stage II or Stage III complete package is the best deal.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #22
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
I got my cf dinan intake for 200$ shipped, front strut for 200$ shipped... Thinking about selling my tse3 and buying a dinan muffler with a custom exhaust then I'll be at 8 pts... then auto tranny software... and rear strut. then I'll be at 10. However I won't be able to get the badge through dinan... anyone know of a replica badge?
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:49 PM   #23
///Miller325ci

My Ride: 2005 Dinan-S2 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
You wanna play this game again?
I can get something cheaper and better than every singly Dinan product you own.

I, uh, really don't even need to waste my time explaining this one, but sure , why not.
$7312.60 for what? A "cup kit," some software, a 3.15 diff that you can get for like $200 used TOPS, an intake, sway bars, and a badge....

For $7000, I can get a 3.15, AST 5200's, H&R/hotchkis sway's, AA supercharger, and hell more and still be <$7000.
Sure it's nice if you want a kit that "supposed" to work together, but there is no way you can argue it's the best deal out there.
there is no arguing dinan is not cheap... yes, you could go out and get something much more powerful... for sure its not for everyone... i think the dinan customer is more of the type that wants everything to be better but doesn't want to modify the cars character by adding a supercharger or making the ride uncomfortable... my friend had a supercharger on his car and always had problems with it... but anyways that said if what you want is a lot of power... then superchargers and turbos are your main bet... but yes no doubt dinan is expensive...

Last edited by ///Miller325ci; 08-03-2010 at 02:53 PM.
///Miller325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #24
///Miller325ci

!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #25
lllSupra

damn, but you have to keep in mind... For the best performance you must make sacrifices in "ride quality".
Old 08-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #26
///Miller325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllSupra View Post
damn, but you have to keep in mind... For the best performance you must make sacrifices in "ride quality".
Very true... for sure
Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
M3Nick
RACECAR Backwrds Is RACECAR

My Ride: '06 M3 ZCP, Cayman-S
Quote:
I got my cf dinan intake for 200$ shipped, front strut for 200$ shipped... Thinking about selling my tse3 and buying a dinan muffler with a custom exhaust then I'll be at 8 pts... then auto tranny software... and rear strut. then I'll be at 10. However I won't be able to get the badge through dinan... anyone know of a replica badge?
I don't see the need people get for having points and the Badge. This is pure marketing ploy that some fall into. This is not the Boy Scouts. Sure an officially licensed Dinan car is worth more through certified BMW than a car with other aftermarket parts. But either way you are not going to get anywhere near what these parts cost you back.
I'm not knocking Dinan products. I have owned several of their products on my previous BMWs and driven a few. Great civilized street performance.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #28
M3Nick

The way I see Dinan pricing is this. They are one of the first to come out with the research and development on the newer models. This costs money. This is passed on to the select nitch of people who want this and have the money to buy it. Now as time goes by many other aftermaket companies jump on their R&D (reverse engineer) and get in on the action. At a lower price. But Dinan has to keep their pricing steadfast. If they drop too much then their next model line won't be able to be charged their premium price point. So for those buying a $40K-$85K bmw, relatively speaking it's not that much. But for a used $10-$15k car it's really noticeable and inexpensive options with similar if not better gains are more abundant.

With all that said, their wheel design is a marvel of engineering.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #29
///Miller325ci

Yeah you probably wont get your money back.. true... my plan is to keep the car as long as possible if not forever though... but like you have hartge and alpina who changes all the badges on the car... thats just dinans touch... i think they just make it limited to ensure people don't get into the whole "Type R" syndrome or the newly created "GT-R" syndrome haha... sure if ya want a badge you can get it on ebay... we all hate when people put Mbadges on their car when its not an ///M... sure its marketing... wouldnt you hate it if you saw like some really beat up Nissan sentra with ///M badges everywhere.... lol im sad to say ive seen it! lol
Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #30
lllSupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Nick View Post
I don't see the need people get for having points and the Badge. This is pure marketing ploy that some fall into. This is not the Boy Scouts. Sure an officially licensed Dinan car is worth more through certified BMW than a car with other aftermarket parts. But either way you are not going to get anywhere near what these parts cost you back.
I'm not knocking Dinan products. I have owned several of their products on my previous BMWs and driven a few. Great civilized street performance.
I want the badge because not many have it. It sets my car out from the rest instead of seeing a normal 330i or 325i every block you will see DINAN 3 . I have 5 pts, but I got my cf dinan intake and front strut for 400 shipped (together)... I not going out and spending mass money on this sh1t... I can't I'm 19 and can't afford the sh1t strait from DINAN... Does anyone know of a replica dinan badge? I'm gonna need one when I hit 10 pts because I didnt buy my product directly through dinan...
Old 08-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #31
///Miller325ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Nick View Post
The way I see Dinan pricing is this. They are one of the first to come out with the research and development on the newer models. This costs money. This is passed on to the select nitch of people who want this and have the money to buy it. Now as time goes by many other aftermaket companies jump on their R&D (reverse engineer) and get in on the action. At a lower price. But Dinan has to keep their pricing steadfast. If they drop too much then their next model line won't be able to be charged their premium price point. So for those buying a $40K-$85K bmw, relatively speaking it's not that much. But for a used $10-$15k car it's really noticeable and inexpensive options with similar if not better gains are more abundant.

With all that said, their wheel design is a marvel of engineering.
well said... often times though dinan is last on the market with their product.... when they dyno a car they go through 3 days of testing prior to the actual run...
Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #32
///Miller325ci

haha im 22 lol it took a lot of time for me... haha alot of it has to do with the cost of tires and tickets that slow down the progress in my car... lol ummm right now... my car is currently sitting in an impound haha from having too much fun in canyons lol
Old 08-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Not necessarily. There are higher quality coilover setup's that can go from track-ready to street comfy in minutes that don't cost an arm or leg.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM   #34
///Miller325ci

the ride quality of the suspension is really good... its a bit rougher than stock when you get to pretty rough roads... on smooth roads its way better than stock...
Old 08-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #35
Pharaoh2716

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330CiC
If your looking for a replica Dinan badge here is a strategy you could try:

1. Go to www.bimmian.com
2. Click on Emblems + Vinyl.
3. Click on Custom Vehicle emblems.
4. From there you can create your own Dinan badge.

Pharaoh2716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #36
M3Nick

Quote:
I want the badge because not many have it. It sets my car out from the rest instead of seeing a normal 330i or 325i every block you will see DINAN 3 . I have 5 pts, but I got my cf dinan intake and front strut for 400 shipped (together)... I not going out and spending mass money on this sh1t... I can't I'm 19 and can't afford the sh1t strait from DINAN... Does anyone know of a replica dinan badge? I'm gonna need one when I hit 10 pts because I didnt buy my product directly through dinan...
Im sorry but in your case the badge won't mean much. Anyone can buy these on ebay from china for a few dollars. I can put one on my gardeners pick-up tomorrow. Unless things changed when I had my E30 M3, Dinan registers the parts bought and only when bought new through an authorized dealer will their points be tallied. And when anyone needed to verify if buying your car if it's a legit Dinan, Dinan would tell them it's not.
My point is that badge is only valuable to you. Now that anyone can buy them counterfeit (like what you want to do), no one thinks much of just the badge alone. Most people who know what Dinan is know what's a legit car and what not legit. So it being sold as a Dinan Stage X isn't going to happen with just the badge.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #37
///Miller325ci

its the same way still... they register each part... Did you have the dinan E30 M3 with their turbo kits... haha back then those turbo kits they made were crazy
Old 08-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #38
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Point I am trying to make is Dinan makes good stuff, some of their items are very expensive but just like any other approved product, SVT, Saleen, TRD, they are more expensive because it is dealer approved. Not every BMW owner wants the same parts, we are all unique and have different tastes, themes, and budgets.

You can buy used Dinan stuff very cheap, there is stuff for sale all over Ebay and this forum most of the time. Hell, if you got a 10 point Dinan car with used parts, still a Dinan car to me.

Their tuning is really not much more expensive than the Shark either. The suspension parts are pretty $$$ though. If I had the money, I would love some Fiske Dinan rims....those are SO sweet!!!

Just my 2 cents. For people who want to buy the Dinan stuff, the 15% off was posted, for those who don't....why do you care?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #39
///Miller325ci

exactly haha.... oh those fiske dinan wheels are really nice for sure... what does suck is i bought the suspension about 2 months ago... and now this sale comes up that applies to suspension haha the 15% would have been nice
Old 08-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #40
lllSupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Not necessarily. There are higher quality coilover setup's that can go from track-ready to street comfy in minutes that don't cost an arm or leg.
Correct but you just contradicted yourself... Also how do you adjust the rear in minutes?!

Tags
dinan, e46, koni, software, suspension