E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2003, 05:11 PM   #1
bimmerman11

My Ride: 2005 330Xi
Send a message via AIM to bimmerman11
Rear Deck Removal HELP

I also posted this in the General Forum, but my new thread will be on Page 3 by the time I finish typing this!

Can someone please walk me through (SLOWLY) the proper way to get the rear deck off. I had the 6X9's removed and had a 12" sub installed- the rattles have become intolerable.

Here's a pic of what I'm trying to take off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...69998002SLBkBg

I've read every post on this subject and haven't seen one walk-through. Please don't post saying that you have the "rattles" too. I'm looking for someone who's already done this to give me some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Marc
bimmerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:51 PM   #2
Ron@Streeteffectz

First you need to remove the covers off the side bolsters...there is a pin in the top of each one that you push down and then the actual pop rivet and cover will come right off...then you need to pull the bolster (the top) toward you and once it pops out, pull the bolster UP and out....

Next remove the side panels on the sides of the rear window...you'll need to remove the lights (they just pop out) and then there is a torx head screw behind that.

You'll then have to remove the black front plastic cover...same kind of pop rivets as the two bolster covers....once you remove that, the deck will pull toward you and out.
Ron@Streeteffectz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 03:19 AM   #3
bimmerman11

My Ride: 2005 330Xi
Send a message via AIM to bimmerman11
Thanks for the info Ron...

This sounds like a real PITA. I think I'll just have to turn the bass down a little.

Marc
bimmerman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:59 AM   #4
Delirium
yo mama

My Ride: -
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron@Streeteffectz
First you need to remove the covers off the side bolsters...there is a pin in the top of each one that you push down and then the actual pop rivet and cover will come right off...then you need to pull the bolster (the top) toward you and once it pops out, pull the bolster UP and out....

Next remove the side panels on the sides of the rear window...you'll need to remove the lights (they just pop out) and then there is a torx head screw behind that.

You'll then have to remove the black front plastic cover...same kind of pop rivets as the two bolster covers....once you remove that, the deck will pull toward you and out.
is this the same for the sedans? What is a side bolster? That part Im confused about.
Delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
johnhab

My Ride: '02 330xi
Send a message via AIM to johnhab Send a message via Yahoo to johnhab
Side bolsters are the outside parts of the rear seats that are separate from the "flat part", i.e., if you were sitting in the driver's rear seat, the side bolster is the part from your left shoulder blade to the door -- opposite on the passenger side.

johnhab is offline   Reply With Quote