E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
2005 325i

My Ride: 05 325i
Don't buy from DDM Tuning

I recently purchased smoked corners, side marker lights, and led tails. I ordered the tails at like 11pm and decided i didn't want to have the lights out code on my dash so i called them at 9am right when they opened and asked to cancel the tails, they were cool about it but it took them 3 days to get the money back in my account and another 4 days to ship my order, i got my package on the 8th day (I live about an hour away). When I got the package i was so excited that i finally got it and when I opened it up the first thing i noticed was theres no packaging slip but i didn't really car until i took a gander at the parts. My corner lights have a nice broken corner and the item number and a box around that on the front of the lens (totally noticeable) and for the side marker lights they had a sticky plastic cover on it and when i took it off it revealed the scratches all over the lens! I still wasn't going to let that stop me from putting it on my car, i waited to long for them, so i went out side and started with the side markers. I took of my stock and installed the smoked one from DDM and found out it doesn't fit, when you push it in all the way the metal clip falls thru into the other side of the fender and makes it wobble around and the back of it came out really easy because there was nothing holding it, for the other side it just sticks out so it could get ripped off by brushing against it. The corners fit ok but they still had the chipped corner and the item number on the lens.

When i called them and explained what was wrong, i told him that i ordered the e46 parts and then he asked me if i even know what i drive and if it even was an e46, i was pissed at that point so i said i would like to return the items and get my money back. So he said that the parts were damaged in the shipping process and he needs a shipping claim, so he asks me to email him pictures of the box and everything that i ordered and what was wrong with it. So i did, i replied to the email i was sent and i sent lots of pictures and explained my problem again. After waiting a couple hours i got an email back saying "Our techsupport@ddmtuning.com website will no longer be checked. All e-mails sent here will not be replied to. Requests for order changes or cancellations will not be completed as you must phone in and speak to a live person to make those requests. Please follow this link to our 'Tech Support' website and submit a ticket for any questions and inquiry."

I called them again and again till they answered and explained the broken parts and how i got this email after being told to email that address. He told me they didn't get my message and that i need to send it again and they will call me after they get it to confirm. No word from them sense. I guess you get what you pay for.

I would not recommend wasting your money with these guys!!!!
-Cold Air Intake
-2 Din Kenwood/ Mmats 12"
-Megan Racing Lowering Springs
2005 325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
ALPIN3

My Ride: E46
Might wanna check out the google reviews next time...sorry about your hassle.

Last edited by ALPIN3; 08-12-2010 at 08:04 PM.
ALPIN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
jailonacs99

My Ride: 2011 335is
Sorry to hear that. I ordered LED tails and some bulbs from them, they've always been great to me. Even had a set of burnt out fog bulbs changed for free under their lifetime warranty. When I first ordered the LED tails about 3 years ago, they sent the sedan versions. I called and they apologized and immediately sent the correct ones within a couple of days.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
2005 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPIN3 View Post
Might wanna check out the google reviews next time...sorry about your hassle.
I guess i just got to excited by the prices i didn't research or care, i definatly will research more so i don't have to deal with this again.
-Cold Air Intake
Old 08-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
2005 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Sorry to hear that. I ordered LED tails and some bulbs from them, they've always been great to me. Even had a set of burnt out fog bulbs changed for free under their lifetime warranty. When I first ordered the LED tails about 3 years ago, they sent the sedan versions. I called and they apologized and immediately sent the correct ones within a couple of days.
I guess they liked you lol
-Cold Air Intake
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
jelias714

My Ride: Paid Off!!!
wow ive been hearing bad sh1t about these ppl lately
lucky for me, the nearest euro shop is blocks away from me =]
eas... ^_^
jelias714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
ALPIN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005 325i View Post
I guess i just got to excited by the prices i didn't research or care, i definatly will research more so i don't have to deal with this again.
Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about them (at least 9 out of 10 times). Sad thing is, they are right down the road from me and their prices are dirt cheap...but I'm a principle type of guy and they've screwed way too many people over for me to feel okay about purchasing from them. There are a handful of other sponsors and even Ebay sellers who have much better service than those clowns.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
I would never order from them due to the horror stories I've seen on here... The only time they'll ever get my business is if I call in to see if they have a certain part, and I swing by to pick it up in person. Other than that, no thanks

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
reynaldo

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to reynaldo
Actually I bought MTECH2 from them and is a lot cheaper than the other sponsors here... ETA is 14 days... just my 2cents...
reynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #10
2005 325i

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about them (at least 9 out of 10 times). Sad thing is, they are right down the road from me and their prices are dirt cheap...but I'm a principle type of guy and they've screwed way too many people over for me to feel okay about purchasing from them. There are a handful of other sponsors and even Ebay sellers who have much better service than those clowns.
Thats good, stay away from them. I guess some of us have to learn the hard way. Im just glad I got the money back for the led tails.
-Cold Air Intake
Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #11
ALPIN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I would never order from them due to the horror stories I've seen on here... The only time they'll ever get my business is if I call in to see if they have a certain part, and I swing by to pick it up in person. Other than that, no thanks
I used to say that myself, but its at the point where they are obviously just a horribly run business that causes people stress and lost money. Personally, I hope they crash and burn, and think all "E46 fanatics" should steer clear.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
2005 325i

Quote:
I used to say that myself, but its at the point where they are obviously just a horribly run business that causes people stress and lost money. Personally, I hope they crash and burn, and think all "E46 fanatics" should steer clear.
X2 on the crash and burn
-Cold Air Intake
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #13
Ls_mrqs

My Ride: 2002 E46 325i
Send a message via AIM to Ls_mrqs
Hey man I use DDM Tuning constantly and there processing times suck but they constantly update there page letting you know what order they are on. As for messed up products I live on the east cost and everything I've ordered through them has made it to me perfectly fine. I have installed plenty of side-markers for the e46 and every time it's a challenge to get them in place correctly it takes time and patience with those, although I have never had to return anything to DDM I'm positive they will process your return request professionally.
Good luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 PM   #14
MightyMouse04

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325xi
Took them a month and a half to deliver me my p46's

Special Thanks to SolidJake for the Signature
MightyMouse04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #15
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynaldo View Post
Actually I bought MTECH2 from them and is a lot cheaper than the other sponsors here... ETA is 14 days... just my 2cents...
Thats the only thing from them that I really want for the price, its just a matter of them having it in stock and me driving down to the branch closest to me

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
s3th

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP
Yeah never order form ddm tuning. They're stupid ticket thing rarely works and terrible service.

500px
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #17
kermitthefloer

My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
Glad I saw this before saving money and getting p46s from them
Old 08-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
SalM

My Ride: Shhh
I havent had a problem with them :dunno: Only problem was a 3 day delay on shipping out my bumper But They Apologized and were all cool with me So Idk

SalMPhotography
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote