E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #21
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Get them all some nice folding knives, like Kershaw Leek or CRKT Kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #22
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
I'm actually getting married Sunday and I have been thinking about this and decided to go with money. IMO, I love money gifts the best because you can get whatever you want with it!
You should get them money clips engraved with their initials. Money is a tacky gift IMHO. May as well get them a Best Buy card.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #23
wwjbd24

My Ride: e92 JB+ 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsima325 View Post
You should get them money clips engraved with their initials. Money is a tacky gift IMHO. May as well get them a Best Buy card.
money clips is a good idea
wwjbd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #24
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
I got mine engraved Das Boots. They hold 7 beers. They all still use them and talk about them. Great fvcking gift

I LOVE this idea. I'm getting married next June and was leaning towards engraved Louisville Sluggers, but now I'm torn between that and Das Boot.

Quote:
+1

My cousin is getting married in a few weeks, and on the invititation it said "No registry, cash gifts appreciated". My fiance had to pick my mouth up off of the floor.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #25
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I LOVE this idea. I'm getting married next June and was leaning towards engraved Louisville Sluggers, but now I'm torn between that and Das Boot.
Do the boot....it will get use whereas the Louisville (although pretty cool) will just sit there and collect dust.
Quote:
My cousin is getting married in a few weeks, and on the invititation it said "No registry, cash gifts appreciated". My fiance had to pick my mouth up off of the floor.
Bahahaha, that is alllllll kinds of tacky.
I'd buy them something that is hard to return, just to be "that guy"

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #26
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Do the boot....it will get use whereas the Louisville (although pretty cool) will just sit there and collect dust.

Bahahaha, that is alllllll kinds of tacky.
I'd buy them something that is hard to return, just to be "that guy"
Good point on the boot.

I told my fiance that I was going to go down to the branch (I work in a bank) and get $50 in pennies and just hand him the box, lol.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
Old 08-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #27
brew

My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:

+1

Yeah, that's tacky (unless you're asian) . . but at least the purpose of wedding gifts is to help the newlyweds out with things that they need but might not be able to afford - like a proper set of silverware, etc. So giving them money isn't too far off from that purpose.

But giving your groomsmen cash is flat out tacky. It says "I couldn't be bothered to think of a nice gift and I figured you're too poor to buy nice things for yourself, so here's some cash." If a close friend gave me cash I would be offended.
brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #28
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Get the CRKT KISS money clip knife. Im telling you.

Its cheap, effective, good quality and they will actually use/appreciate it. Maybe have em engraved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #29
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
But giving your groomsmen cash is flat out tacky. It says "I couldn't be bothered to think of a nice gift and I figured you're too poor to buy nice things for yourself, so here's some cash." If a close friend gave me cash I would be offended.
x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #30
Kole

My Ride: e36 M3
At my buddies wedding they had us all in matching tuxes with engraved pocket watches.

Sent from my DROIDX using BimmerApp
Old 08-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #31
King of Chicago

My Ride: '09 & '12 Acura MDX
how about buying their tux, or shoes, etc?
King of Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #32
evolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Chicago View Post
how about buying their tux, or shoes, etc?
As in, paying for their rental? That would be the same as giving them cash, in my opinion.

Now, if you're buying them a tux, or a pair of shoes.....as long as you know their style and that they would like it, I think that's a good idea.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past

E46Sig
Old 08-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #33
King of Chicago

My Ride: '09 & '12 Acura MDX
Quote:
As in, paying for their rental? That would be the same as giving them cash, in my opinion.

Now, if you're buying them a tux, or a pair of shoes.....as long as you know their style and that they would like it, I think that's a good idea.
I don't view it as giving them cash, i think its supporting their role in your wedding. I was in a wedding this week, where we had to buy suits (which sucks by the way). so the groom bought us all (not rented) cuff links, ties, and the shoes. probably spent $150/person. It was a great gift, for some guys they can wear the cuffs, ties and shoes well after the wedding, and it was cool we were all wearing stuff he bought us for the ceremony.
King of Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #34
slo323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
Yup the wedding I was in, the group bought us a wall/fridge bottle opener with a mini trash on it, Glasses/mugs with our initials engraved, our favorite booze, and a cigar.... definitely a great gift. Also bought us our ties for the wedding that can be used after
slo323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 PM   #35
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
prostitutes
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #36
mk-4gasm

My Ride: MK5 GTI, E92 335
Quote:
Seriously...that is pretty random/tacky. I got my groomsmen engraved flasks, thaty all got immediate use out of them.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #37
jeffrey w

My Ride: 2001 325i
gifts

yeah dude...you can never go wrong getting them a gift that relates to their hobby or interest. Thats the first route I take always.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #38
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
nice bump...wedding's in 9 days. yeah i got them all gifts relating to their interests. im nervcous as fvck hoping everything works out great. one thing im really stressing is the weather oh and the first dance. and then on sunday i'll be hanging in bora bora and moorea
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #39
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
I got mine engraved Das Boots. They hold 7 beers. They all still use them and talk about them. Great fvcking gift

Where'd you get that?
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #40
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
Where'd you get that?
i got mine at bierboothaus.com
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote