E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #21
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: 201*
Posts: 645
My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Married for 5 years 2 months 5 days 31 minutes 0 seconds
nice should have just used the ring instead of buying another one
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #22
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Ok it's gone lol. Now, for the mature guys, what's the safest approach to this without sounding like an insecure little kid. you guys are making me care haha.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #23
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tylenol. View Post
nice should have just used the ring instead of buying another one
haha nah man. I was listening to the radio the other day and a lady called up talking about how her engagement ring is her finace's ex's ring and she's ok with it. That's a little ridiculous to me. They had to be some kind of white trash lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #24
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,474
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Now, for the mature guys,.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #25
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
hahaha. for real man, any help? Should I bring it up like it hurts my feelings or what? I don't want her to get all defensive and sh1t you know.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:24 PM   #26
217Bimmer
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
yeah a little odd considering it is of little material value, it must have some sentimental value. there's not an easy way to approach the situation. you don't want to look like a jealous ass, but it seems weird that she would keep wearing it.

maybe she wears it to remind you that she could be back makin' sexy time with old dude at anytime.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #27
zikhkd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,373
My Ride: AMG
Send a message via AIM to zikhkd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
hahaha. for real man, any help? Should I bring it up like it hurts my feelings or what? I don't want her to get all defensive and sh1t you know.
that's probably whats going to happen. she'll start getting all defensive like any woman would and wonder why all of a sudden you want her to get rid of the ring (she'll think its because of insecurity issues, trust, etc)

let it be, it'll annoy you the first week or two but you'll get over it.
__________________
zikhkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #28
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
I'm positive she doesn't wear it because of who it came from. I know as guys we're trained to think this way but I know it's not the case. She just likes the ring. Too bad she won't be wearing it for much longer.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #29
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Option #1: if it's just a $20 ring, throw it out and see what she happens when she realizes it's gone.

Option #2: buy her the exact same ring again and tell her to wear yours instead and get rid of the other.

Option #3: go beat up her ex and then LOL everytime you see her wearing the ring (create your own memory for it)

you're welcome
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #30
Walz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 155
My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Option #1: if it's just a $20 ring, throw it out and see what she happens when she realizes it's gone.

Option #2: buy her the exact same ring again and tell her to wear yours instead and get rid of the other.

Option #3: go beat up her ex and then LOL everytime you see her wearing the ring (create your own memory for it)

you're welcome

Yes option 2.

Buy her a ring, take the other one of, put yours on her finger and say: you're mine now.


wait... no... she might read that the wrong way...
__________________

Walz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #31
AfghanScarface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Moreno Valley CA
Posts: 2,349
My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
Keeping the ring, not so much


Wearing it everyday? Now id have a problem with that.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #32
Breyton-BMW
Registered User
 
Breyton-BMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philippines
Posts: 4,394
My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Looks like you do care and it bothers you a bit hence this thread.
__________________




Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #33
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Option #1: if it's just a $20 ring, throw it out and see what she happens when she realizes it's gone.

Option #2: buy her the exact same ring again and tell her to wear yours instead and get rid of the other.

Option #3: go beat up her ex and then LOL everytime you see her wearing the ring (create your own memory for it)

you're welcome
hahah


Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
Keeping the ring, not so much


Wearing it everyday? Now id have a problem with that.
I'm the opposite. I feel like if she kept it and didn't wear it it would be because it means something to her. By wearing it I think she just likes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW View Post
Looks like you do care and it bothers you a bit hence this thread.
I think you're right. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off lol.

Last edited by DylloS; 08-23-2010 at 03:30 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #34
howie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 954
Posts: 2,988
My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyton-BMW View Post
Looks like you do care and it bothers you a bit hence this thread.
I was gonna say this too, but I figured we all knew op was in denial since the thread was posted. Gotta love the "I don't care, but what do you think" threads
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #35
CRSmoak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 331
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
hahah




I'm the opposite. I feel like if she kept it and didn't wear it it would be because it means something to her. By wearing it I think she just likes it.



I think you're right. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off lol.
You've read my last couple posts right, so I'm sure you'll know that I love analyzing things, that said... you're over analyzing.

Be confident in yourself and don't worry about it. Put your arm around her and grab her towards you while sitting for example, then use your other hand to hold hers and look at the ring... then look at her and say something along the lines of, "That's a nice ring, I think it's cute you like it so much (be smiling)... guess your ex did something right huh. (now kiss her)" Be cute about it and make it seem like you approve of it, don't be snarky about it! Make it seem like you think it's cute and that you're happy it makes her happy. This is a DHV (Demonstration of higher value). Women have pasts, except them, have fun with them, tease them about it whatever... do not start getting insecure, defensive, snarky, jealous and manipulative about such things. It won't do you any good, trust me.

Then simply forget about it and move on. That's it... done!
__________________

Last edited by CRSmoak; 08-23-2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: spelling
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #36
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
You've read my last couple posts right, so I'm sure you'll know that I love analyzing things, that said... you're over analyzing.

Be confident in yourself and don't worry about it. Put your arm around her and grab her towards you while sitting for example, then use your other hand to hold hers and look at the ring... then look at her and say something along the lines of, "That's a nice ring, I think it's cute you like it so much (be smiling)... guess your ex did something right huh. (now kiss her)" Be cute about it and make it seem like you approve of it, don't be snarky about it! Make it seem like you think it's cute and that you're happy it makes her happy. This is a DHV (Demonstration of higher value). Women have pasts, except them, have fun with them, tease them about it whatever... do not start getting insecure, defensive, snarky, jealous and manipulative about such things. It won't do you any good, trust me.

Then simply forget about it and move on. That's it... done!
I was honestly wondering if you'd pop in here lol. I'm glad you said what you said because you seem to know what's going on unlike a lot of others. She wasn't wearing it with me last night so I didn't even bring it up. I was thinking about it and I honestly don't care. Should I even say anything you think?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #37
BMWDon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: MD
Posts: 2,984
My Ride: Needs a cage
aawwww...ain't that cute, she's reading your threads to make sure she's keeping you happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
She wasn't wearing it with me last night so I didn't even bring it up.
who cares man, it's a $20 ring....was this the last boyfriend before you? or from a guy 4 times removed or something?
__________________
BMWDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #38
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDon View Post
aawwww...ain't that cute, she's reading your threads to make sure she's keeping you happy



who cares man, it's a $20 ring....was this the last boyfriend before you? or from a guy 4 times removed or something?
this guy was like 3 years ago. Where did it say she was reading my threads lol?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #39
CRSmoak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 331
My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I was honestly wondering if you'd pop in here lol. I'm glad you said what you said because you seem to know what's going on unlike a lot of others. She wasn't wearing it with me last night so I didn't even bring it up. I was thinking about it and I honestly don't care. Should I even say anything you think?
If I cared enough to make a thread about it then yeah, I would bring it up. If you can do and say what I posted before with congruence it'll actually help both of you. It's a DHV so done right she'll gain some attraction, respect and probably even some more comfort towards you, at the same time you'll feel better knowing that you've actually approved of the ring to her... albeit indirectly.

If you're not positive you can do it with congruence however, then don't do it and just forget about it.
__________________

Last edited by CRSmoak; 08-24-2010 at 11:51 AM.
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #40
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
When my wife and I got engaged I had her get rid of old pictures of bf's etc. That sort of thing didn't have a place in our house together. When it came to jewelry, it was kinda funny. It was all sh!t jewelry anyway, so we tried taking it to a pawn shop...probably about 10 items or so. Funny thing is that pawn guy just kept saying "this one is fake"....piece after piece, lol. I was DYING laughing on the inside. Only one turned out to be real gold, but it was such a tiny thin chain that the guy wouldn't even buy it off of us.

I brought one thing of my own to pawn (since we were going anyway) which was a wireless network card for a laptop. Guy gave me $20 and my wife walked out with nothing, lol.

She still has all that stuff, but the experience we had laughing together about it made it more fun than if she just threw it away.

Other small things that I knew she'd received I just threw in the garbage and she never noticed .
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use