E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #181
///Miller325ci

My Ride: 2005 Dinan-S2 325Ci
i just got the stage one speakers installed like a week or two ago ... they are awesome... so much clearer... but yes this amp too interests me
///Miller325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #182
mochi

My Ride: m3
Bump
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #183
Fidget

My Ride: BMW
Bumping the thread to keep it somewhat alive....

Still waiting.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #184
mochi

This is going way of the dodo.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 AM   #185
Fidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochi View Post
This is going way of the dodo.
Quickly approaching becoming a joke in my mind. Sad because it was so promising.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #186
bekurt

My Ride: E46 330ci
Can we just agree that this probably won't happen? As a BSW owner and a huge fan of their work, products, and obviously sound, this has been something I continually try to sweep under the rug. But no matter how you look at it, it's just been false promises with little to no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry, but this has definitely tarnished my view of how R&D is valued at BSW. I understand that limited resources and time definitely have an effect on meeting timelines, but 2-3 years is not what the professional image of BSW portrayed as. Set this as a priority over developing other products, you guys dropped the ball by over promising 2 years ago.
bekurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:12 AM   #187
Fidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekurt View Post
Can we just agree that this probably won't happen? As a BSW owner and a huge fan of their work, products, and obviously sound, this has been something I continually try to sweep under the rug. But no matter how you look at it, it's just been false promises with little to no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry, but this has definitely tarnished my view of how R&D is valued at BSW. I understand that limited resources and time definitely have an effect on meeting timelines, but 2-3 years is not what the professional image of BSW portrayed as. Set this as a priority over developing other products, you guys dropped the ball by over promising 2 years ago.
Agreed!!!

Also I find it curious why the BSW reps here are so quiet on this? It's like they want it to just disappear.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #188
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Ya, it's very disappointing :/...I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, pretty satisfied with how the system sounds the way it is but if the amp ever does get released I'll be all over it.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #189
mochi

NOT gonna happen
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #190
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
i think this is a fair question:
for those who were planning on getting the bsw amp, what options are y'all considering?

i am starting to look at aftermarket amps and wanted to see what others have chosen.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #191
///3ME

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Before I bought the car in early 2009, the first thing I did was research stereo options. After a few times poking around, find out about BSW and the potential release of a plug and play amp for the 10 speaker sound system that would match their Stage 1 speaker upgrade. Cost effective, decent audio was my goal at the time. Car currently has BSW Stage 1, RF 1000.1 driving two Boston Acoustics 10" G5 (from another car, not super ideal.)
My idea if I didn't go this route would have been to use two RF360.2 and go full active, 3 way set of Focal in front, 2 way in back. By the time you add some decent amps in, without subs I can easily see $10,000+ without install. Would this kick as$? Yes. Would I put a sound system in this car that exceeded it's value? No.
At this point, this car has the worst sound of my fleet, and being my DD I have learned to live with it. I would be all over this amp, I don't have the time to build what I want; and not willing to just drop it off at La Jolla Audio and say go to town.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #192
Jarrettm3

i agree... very disappointing and unprofessional. i have there stage 1 speakers and they are awesome!!! making promises that they cant keep, sounds like the american way today lol, from a respective shop...just not cool period. i have moved on but do check back here and there just out of curiosity
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #193
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
You guys need to mellow out. This is a niche community and will remain alive for a while. They told us about the amp before they started working on it because they thought we might like to know. Just because they haven't released it yet doesn't mean they are unprofessional or deserve to be berated constantly by the very people they are helping. It will come. Have some patience and maybe even a little respect.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #194
7to3_enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
You guys need to mellow out. This is a niche community and will remain alive for a while. They told us about the amp before they started working on it because they thought we might like to know. Just because they haven't released it yet doesn't mean they are unprofessional or deserve to be berated constantly by the very people they are helping. It will come. Have some patience and maybe even a little respect.
3 years later and still no ETA in sight...there's absolutely nothing professional about that. No, I think people have been patient enough, now it just looks incompetent on their part for overshooting their abilities in R&D. You must remember, we are the customer, don't tell the customer of a product..list it on your website and then leave them hanging for years. It's more disrespectful of them not to say anything then us questioning their abilities as a company.

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #195
bekurt

My Ride: E46 330ci
I won't get any further into it as my intent isn't to belittle BSW, but to express my sincere opinion. As a business, I'd hope they see this feedback as invaluable as we are clients that care enough to tell them what we want and what we don't like. As a matter of fact, if they were to announce an official release date with a pre-order link, I'm certain most on here would still support BSW, despite their shortcomings on time frame delivery.

My current solution is MS-8, Full Active, HAT L6 and L1 up front, factory mid-bass in the rear deck, and a 15" ID Infinite Baffle. Much more than I wanted to spend initially, but it was down to BSW or go all out.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to go off-topic, just wanted to express my opinion.
bekurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #196
7to3_enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekurt View Post
I won't get any further into it as my intent isn't to belittle BSW, but to express my sincere opinion. As a business, I'd hope they see this feedback as invaluable as we are clients that care enough to tell them what we want and what we don't like. As a matter of fact, if they were to announce an official release date with a pre-order link, I'm certain most on here would still support BSW, despite their shortcomings on time frame delivery.

My current solution is MS-8, Full Active, HAT L6 and L1 up front, factory mid-bass in the rear deck, and a 15" ID Infinite Baffle. Much more than I wanted to spend initially, but it was down to BSW or go all out.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to go off-topic, just wanted to express my opinion.
I agree 100%, despite the wait and lack of communication I know they'd release a great product if it were ever to happen...and I'd get right in line to purchase it.

04 LSB M3
Old 10-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #197
///3ME

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
The first mention of the "Stage 2" was in July 2007. Halston mentioned at the beginning of this thread, over two years ago, it was in the final stages. If I still have my E46 when it comes out, I will buy it. Otherwise... on to the next one.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #198
mochi

Old 11-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #199
Gam3R

My Ride: 2005 M3
Pretending to release a new product to continue to sell an old one. Is there a word for that?

Guys, this is just a speaker company. Don't expect an amp. It's painfully clear that they don't have the capability. The monthly Halston updates stopped shortly after they were announced. It's ALL BS.

From the BSW website.

"Instead of giving you a specific date, we'd rather say that this product will be available when it meets our exacting standards of quality and performance -- when its worthy of your BMW!"

"Imagine audio in your BMW so crystal clear in every detail, so powerful you can't come close to maximum volume, so alive that when you close your eyes, you'd swear you're at a concert. Now imagine it takes just 30 minutes to install, and you have the BSW Plug and Play Amplifier Upgrade."

So, I propose that this thread becomes the place for New Slogans for BSW! Hey, I wouldn't mind a little entertainment while I wait...............

BSW - A speaker company living in a fantasy world. Come post in our necro threads!

or

We'll sell you the perfect amp you can't buy! -BSW
Gam3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 PM   #200
Fidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3R View Post
Pretending to release a new product to continue to sell an old one. Is there a word for that?

Guys, this is just a speaker company. Don't expect an amp. It's painfully clear that they don't have the capability. The monthly Halston updates stopped shortly after they were announced. It's ALL BS.

From the BSW website.

"Instead of giving you a specific date, we'd rather say that this product will be available when it meets our exacting standards of quality and performance -- when its worthy of your BMW!"
I'm with you at this point with no updates or reasons it's so absurdly delayed its vaporware.

If I announced a product or service years before I actually made it I would be laughed out of business. The product had promise but as it sits it's comical that it's still "in development". Considering that the e46 system is not that complex (relative to other possible systems like the e9x idrive) and how quickly things like Dynavin are able to get to market there is really little reason to have it take years.