E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #81
mochi

My Ride: m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
Bump
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #82
eJack

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Halston,

Please break the "roaring silence" with a new & realistic ETA.

I bought the stage 1 & sub in 2009 with the assumption BSW would offer the stage 2 in a reasonable time frame as indicated. As I have PM'ed you previously, I have been really unhappy with the sound quality of the stage 1 and the HK amp, and do believe the amp is the weakest link.

I am unfortunately at a decision point (as I assume many others are) that if I cannot get the stage 2 soon, should I rip out the stage 1 & sub I bought from you and add a new amp and speakers instead? Life is too short to be driving a cool car with crappy audio...

Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to your update.

BMW Performance Style 269 Wheels
BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace
THIEL Audio PowerPlane Loudspeakers
THIEL Audio 12" Subwoofer
JL Audio Slash 300/2v2 Stereo Amplifier
JL Audio Slash 500/1v2 Sub Amplifier
USA Spec PA-12 iPod Interface
BMW Business CD stock head unit - yes it sounds great once you disconnect that garbage H/K amp!
eJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #83
mochi

Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #84
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
This thread is still here? This amp is not coming out guys...LOL
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #85
Jarrettm3

I didn't know the amp has been in production that long!!!! As ejack said he's been waiting 2 years and has bought a good amount from bsw. You should get %50 that amp just for being patient. I have only been waiting since the summer
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #86
TrippinBimmer

Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettm3 View Post
I didn't know the amp has been in production that long!!!! As ejack said he's been waiting 2 years and has bought a good amount from bsw. You should get %50 that amp just for being patient. I have only been waiting since the summer
What you talking about Willis? It's still in r&d mode.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #87
Jarrettm3

what's r and d mode?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #88
TrippinBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettm3 View Post
what's r and d mode?
Research and Development.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #89
Jarrettm3

yes it is..... but 2 years is a long time
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #90
Jarrettm3

I'm sure the amp will be perfect when it comes out. Just waiting like everybody else
Old 01-13-2012, 02:41 AM   #91
ZZen330

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
guys this amp was first mentioned in 2008, yes 2008 and was supposed to be out shortly thereafter....it is 2012 now....
ZZen330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #92
zanth119

My Ride: 2002 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZen330 View Post
guys this amp was first mentioned in 2008, yes 2008 and was supposed to be out shortly thereafter....it is 2012 now....
They have been having problems keeping a steady power level through the amps flux capacitor at speeds above 88 MPH...
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - Hunter S. Thompson
zanth119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #93
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanth119 View Post
They have been having problems keeping a steady power level through the amps flux capacitor at speeds above 88 MPH...
It all adds up.... Just never drive fast!
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #94
zanth119

My Ride: 2002 330cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
Just never drive fast!
Keeping it under 88 MPH is unacceptable, much like BSW's delays and silence.

Seriously BSW, you have a very loyal fan base here, and many potential customers willing to shell out some serious cash for your products (and many who already have!)

Break the silence, be honest, and if the best answer is "we still don't know when" maybe a general idea could be communicated. Even better would be an understanding of where you're at now, and the remaining issues that need to be solved.

Here's your opportunity to gain back some of the respect you're losing with this crowd
"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - Hunter S. Thompson
zanth119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #95
Jarrettm3

Wow 2008 !!!! 4 years is starting to be absurd!!!! I like to buy the amp but I really dont appreciate being lead on. Thats not professional. Starting to become a year waiting for me.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #96
Mouf

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eJack View Post
Halston,

Please break the "roaring silence" with a new & realistic ETA.

I bought the stage 1 & sub in 2009 with the assumption BSW would offer the stage 2 in a reasonable time frame as indicated. As I have PM'ed you previously, I have been really unhappy with the sound quality of the stage 1 and the HK amp, and do believe the amp is the weakest link.

I am unfortunately at a decision point (as I assume many others are) that if I cannot get the stage 2 soon, should I rip out the stage 1 & sub I bought from you and add a new amp and speakers instead? Life is too short to be driving a cool car with crappy audio...

Thanks for your understanding and I look forward to your update.
So was there any sort of audio quality increase from upgrading from HK? And would you do it again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer
Mouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #97
eJack

My Ride: 2004 330Ci ZHP
Mouf,

Thanks for the question. There was a slight increase in audio quality, but not enough to be satisfied, and certainly not for the price.

I bought the Stage 1 and Sub as the start of a system solution as the HK was a known problem and I was told the Stage 2 was supposed to be out soon back in March 2009 - almost 3 years ago!

Given all the facts, I absolutely would not do it again, nor recommend anyone else to.

Pictures on Facebook are not enough. This last "end of year 2011" hype then "silence" has thrown me over the edge. I have lost faith in BSW and I now planning my own JL Audio amplifier upgrade without their stage one and sub. When I collect all my new equipment. I plan to rip out all their product out of my car.

I would reconsider if I was contacted with an honest disclosure of what is delaying the amp now, what needs to be done, and an offer for a solution.

Hello? - BSW? - ?

Thanks

BMW Performance Style 269 Wheels
BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Brace
THIEL Audio PowerPlane Loudspeakers
THIEL Audio 12" Subwoofer
JL Audio Slash 300/2v2 Stereo Amplifier
JL Audio Slash 500/1v2 Sub Amplifier
USA Spec PA-12 iPod Interface
BMW Business CD stock head unit - yes it sounds great once you disconnect that garbage H/K amp!
eJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #98
BimmerDoc

My Ride: E46 AWD, ///M Coupe
Send a message via AIM to BimmerDoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by eJack View Post
Mouf,

Thanks for the question. There was a slight increase in audio quality, but not enough to be satisfied, and certainly not for the price.

I bought the Stage 1 and Sub as the start of a system solution as the HK was a known problem and I was told the Stage 2 was supposed to be out soon back in March 2009 - almost 3 years ago!

Given all the facts, I absolutely would not do it again, nor recommend anyone else to.

Pictures on Facebook are not enough. This last "end of year 2011" hype then "silence" has thrown me over the edge. I have lost faith in BSW and I now planning my own JL Audio amplifier upgrade without their stage one and sub. When I collect all my new equipment. I plan to rip out all their product out of my car.

I would reconsider if I was contacted with an honest disclosure of what is delaying the amp now, what needs to be done, and an offer for a solution.

Hello? - BSW? - ?

Thanks

I'd start with a forum ban for false (research oriented rumors) advertisement. Total bs on their part
BimmerDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #99
mochi

Gonna look into the alpine PXA-H800 and take it from there. Might rip out my stage 1 too.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #100
MuddZHP

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330i ZHP
I read mid to late spring release on bsw's Facebook page
MuddZHP is offline   Reply With Quote