E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #141
sg_wannabe

My Ride: '06 M3 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to sg_wannabe
stay tuned....coming in 2014....

j/k, halston....or am i?

maybe it will get released before my car is done....
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #142
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
BSW has been making the same promises years ago back when I had my E36 M3. They were supposed to make an amp for the E36 too. Never did. And this doesn't look like it's coming around either.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #143
Mouf

My Ride: 2004 ZHP Sedan
You would think they have so much in R&D it would be a money pit that they sound never seen a return on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
Mouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #144
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
It's funny how the masses jump on this company. Meanwhile based on many of the rides I see I am sure they will be back to balk about the pricing of it once it comes out.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #145
mochi

My Ride: m3
Summer is almost here, any news on the eta?
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #146
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Popular thread. Unfortunately no new news as of today. I'll ask my lead tech if we have any new photos or updates and post here.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #147
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Specs?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #148
Fidget

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@BSW View Post
Popular thread. Unfortunately no new news as of today. I'll ask my lead tech if we have any new photos or updates and post here.
still no release date? no updates at all?

Its getting a bit silly since we keep hearing just a couple months more... and then when that time comes it is just a few more.... and repeat.

If its not coming, fair and fine, we understand. Being now 2 generations old the e46 is getting long in the tooth and I think we all would get it if its taken too long in R&D to be a realistic release option now. It just would be nice to hear it instead of the promises that get peoples hopes up.
Fidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #149
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
Vaporware
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #150
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
still no release date? no updates at all?

Its getting a bit silly since we keep hearing just a couple months more... and then when that time comes it is just a few more.... and repeat.

If its not coming, fair and fine, we understand. Being now 2 generations old the e46 is getting long in the tooth and I think we all would get it if its taken too long in R&D to be a realistic release option now. It just would be nice to hear it instead of the promises that get peoples hopes up.

I understand the frustration. I want to release it more than anyone I think. I can then enjoy it myself in my own car, sell some of them and this thread will change from "Where is it?" to "This is awesome"

We are working. Actually have a Skype session tomorrow. Going to request some new tidbits of something. Looking for a picture as well to share. We know the E46 is getting older but it's a very popular car. I have an E30 and an E36 and like all of us BMW Guys/Gals we spend money on them. Once it is released we know many will be able to enjoy it.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #151
Fidget

Quote:
I understand the frustration. I want to release it more than anyone I think. I can then enjoy it myself in my own car, sell some of them and this thread will change from "Where is it?" to "This is awesome"

We are working. Actually have a Skype session tomorrow. Going to request some new tidbits of something. Looking for a picture as well to share. We know the E46 is getting older but it's a very popular car. I have an E30 and an E36 and like all of us BMW Guys/Gals we spend money on them. Once it is released we know many will be able to enjoy it.
Oh I agree, there are plenty of people who still buy things for the older models, they are great cars afterall.

I want to be able to enjoy it, I think a lot of people here do....

Also, if you need someone to give people a kick in the ass via skype, I am a manager who can make myself available and has an exceptional record of getting teams motivated.... Just saying....
Old 06-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #152
White_Knuckles

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Some of us dumb-bunnies have been holding out for that baby thinking, a drop-in killer amp, what could be better? Well I'm done holding out.

I'm thinking of a purchase I can move over and not abandon in this car. How about a JBL MS-8 processor, a quality 4-channel amp and 4-ohm woofers all around? The head stays and by using built-in amps in the processor and 4 external channels with some headroom, I can get some reasonable Hi-Fi out of this dog. I have a hybrid design in mind where the rear deck mounted mid/bass will be fed low bass freq. with long excursion woofers. Kind of a near-sub deal. I don't want to mess with hacking the ski-pass or a muffled trunk sub. The front mid/bass speakers are the other external amp channels. These remain as mid-bass. Tweets and mids are channels with passive X-overs involved. The sound stage may be slightly tricky to dial in but I'll have lots of toys to play with.

BSW, you almost had a bite. I've watched your site for months!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #153
///3ME

My Ride: 2004 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knuckles View Post
I've watched your site for months!
Some of us years.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #154
BLRICAN

My Ride: 2004 M3
BLRICAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #155
///Miller325ci

My Ride: 2005 Dinan-S2 325Ci
i am considering getting the speaker upgrade soon but i really want that amp too! i hope it comes out soon
///Miller325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #156
mochi

My Ride: m3
mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #157
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Yep, I 'ave had it on my want list for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///3ME View Post
Some of us years.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #158
BLRICAN

My Ride: 2004 M3
updates?
BLRICAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #159
White_Knuckles

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Yes, like Samsung's recent "breakthrough" , BSW has chosen to add two, 12AX7 pre-amp tubes to this baby. It will warm up our digital media with soft-knee compression and analog fidelity.

Okay, I'm boldly lying but Samsung has launched a series of consumer systems that tout the tubes. I think it's funny the way they represent it as something "new".

BSW is probably buried in MOSFET R&D land.

Last edited by White_Knuckles; 06-15-2012 at 11:28 PM.
White_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #160
Fidget

Quote:

So?

Any updates?