E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
jakeyb

My Ride: ...
2001 BMW 330i TiAg Silver / Red Leather Sport & Cold Weather Pkgs 5 Speed

It's about that time...

I've had my 330 for over 2 years now and have loved every bit of it, but it's time to let it go. I've put ~200 miles (yes, 200 total miles) on the car in the past 7 months. I spend every week on the east coast for work and only come back to IL once every month or two - I've been storing the car at my parent's in the meantime. I also bought a motorcycle in Spring and ride that when I'm back in town instead of driving.

This car has been around the country and back under my ownership and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere at the drop of a hat. Prior to traveling every week for work this year, I went on a 13 state road trip which included IN, OH, PA, GA, TN, etc. The car didn't miss a beat.

I've had a lot of cars (21 in total in the past 5 years) - this is the best I've ever owned. I usually switch vehicles every 4-6 months, I've owned this 330 for nearly 3 years - the longest I've ever owned any vehicle. It's a perfect combo of performance and luxury. Small things make the biggest difference and the car's great options have made it the most enjoyable BMW I've ever owned. It's disappointing to let a car like this go when I worked so hard to find it, but I've held onto it long enough and there really is no reason for me to own a car at this point.

Specs:
2001 BMW 330i
5 Speed Manual
186,700 miles
TiAg Silver exterior
Red leather interior
Sport Package (sport seats, 17" wheels, sport suspension)
Cold Weather Package (heated seats, heated mirrors)
Fold down seats
Manual front seats

Aftermarket add-ons:
- Clear front corner lights
- Clear sidemarkers
- LED clear and red tail lights
- OEM BMW ZHP shift knob

Recent Maintenance (in the past 5k miles):
- NGK spark plugs
- Velocity Motorcars heavy duty adjustable swaybar links
- New battery
- Fuel pump
- Windshield wipers
- OEM washer fluid pump
- Fuel filter
- Throttle body boot
- Mass Air Flow (MAF)
- Oil and Coolant flushes w/Purolator filters (always 5w30 fully synthetic every 3k miles)
- Windshield (rock on the highway made a small divot - I don't believe in windshield fillers)
- Front OEM control arm bushings
- Full alignment
- Rear shock mounts

Exterior Condition: 7.5/10
The exterior is in great shape for the car's age and mileage. It cleans up considerably better than anything I've seen with similar mileage. I ran a carfax prior to buying the car - it was clean and the car has not been in any collisions since my ownership. There a few small dings here and there, as well as a few rock chips on the hood, but the car is in very good shape (as shown in the pictures) overall. The wheels do have minor brake dust pitting as well as some curb rash. I haven't had the time to do this season's full detail because of travel, but swirls, scratches, and scrapes are minimal with the rear bumper being the only panel showing any wear. The driver side mirror has begun to brown since the car has been in storage which I noticed this afternoon. It's definitely not perfect, but the car cleans up very well as you can see. I'd rather be over-critical for potential buyers and have tried to be as such in this posting.

Interior Condition: 8/10
The carpet, seats, and all plastics are in very good condition. The driver seat shows the most wear, but again is minimal for the car's age and mileage. The rear seats are in very good condition. The headliner is also clean, with the front pillars being the only items showing minor marks (from the guys who replaced the windshield). Everything works - heated seats, radio and speakers, fold down rear seats, etc. The color combo is extremely rare with the options listed above and the car gets compliments all the time. The car has never been smoked in and it carries no odors or abnormal smells. The leather is clean and soft as I conditioned it regularly.

Mechanical: 8/10
I've done considerable preventative maintenance to keep the car in tip top shape. It's never let me down and I expect it to do the same for the new owner. The car has great power and rides extremely well. No funny clunks or shakes, it's reliable and has a steady idol. Brakes, tires, and cooling system were replaced right before I bought the car and still have plenty of life. All of the electronics work as they should. The driver side rear tail light has an led out and can be seen upon startup on the dash, the light disappears at the first press of the brake pedal. The throwout bearing can be noisy (not noticeable to most, but I believe in full disclosure), but the clutch is in very good shape and does not need replacement (throwout bearing is ~$20 part that is located in the transmission and is not worth replacing until the clutch needs to be addressed). Again, overall the car is in very good mechanical condition and I would drive it anywhere anytime. I believe the car's condition and reliability considering its mileage are a testament to the way both myself and the previous owner cared for it.

Price: $6,900
Title: Clean, clear, and in hand - the car is ready to be sold
Terms: The car will not be turned over to the new owner till payment clears. A proper bill of sale will be completed during the sale. If the new owner pays via check, the vehicle will be turned over to the new owner once payment clears.
Owner: Please call Jacob at (630)989-4828 to setup an appointment to see the car.

Last edited by jakeyb; 07-05-2011 at 05:21 PM.
jakeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
jakeyb

Bump! Lots of questions and tire kickers, but no buyers yet. Let's get it sold!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
babydocjd

My Ride: Bauer Vapor X 3.0
very nice 330i, GLWS

---J!E!T!S! JETS JETS Winnipeg Jets!---
babydocjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
B3ZKONTROLU

My Ride: 03 325i and 04 545i
I might have a guy who will buy it! I'll tell him tomorrow about it!
B3ZKONTROLU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
tyty

My Ride: AAstage1 330i
god i want that interior
tyty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
23v

My Ride: Varies
Is the interior original or did someone add the red leather somewhere down the line?
23v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
jakeyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3ZKONTROLU View Post
I might have a guy who will buy it! I'll tell him tomorrow about it!
Feel free to pass him my number. I'm headed to Europe for work on Friday, but will have internet access and will respond to emails asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23v View Post
Is the interior original or did someone add the red leather somewhere down the line?
Yep. The interior is 100% OEM and original for this car.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
Eric Giles

My Ride: 2001 325i
Send a message via AIM to Eric Giles Send a message via MSN to Eric Giles
Absolutely beautiful car and the PERFECT color combination-I wish you the best of luck with your sale!
Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #9
mik15

My Ride: 2001 330i
it's really a very nice car, beautiful and you wouldn't say it has 190k miles...it's been really taken care of...goo dluck with the sale!
mik15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
ITHESUPREME

My Ride: BICYCLE
I am the friend B3ZKONTROLU was talking about. my budget is 5,000 dollars and I live in New York.. if you would like this offer then let me know. Thank you
ITHESUPREME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
giantkeeper

My Ride: BMW
The color combo alone will sell this car - on top of the fact it looks well cared for. Too bad I don't want to drive back to Az from Il

'89 325is F_Spec Article
giantkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
jakeyb

Thanks guys! I've had a lot of interest in the car which is encouraging. As I said above, headed to Europe for work this afternoon. I'll have access to PMs and email (jakeyb144 a t msn d o t com). Please send me a note if you're interested.

ITHESUPREME - Like I said in my PM, $5k isn't going to work. I'm pretty firm on my price considering the car's condition, options, etc.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #13
jakeyb

Back in town and ready to sell! Please give me a call if interested - (630)989-4828
Old 07-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #14

My Ride: 2013 Sonata 2.0T SE
Love the car. If the mileage were lower I'd definitely consider it.
99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #15
Monster 3nergy

My Ride: N/A WTB
nice car but i need a coupe! sorry!
Monster 3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #16
greye39

My Ride: 2002 530i (e39)
I looked at the pics got so excited... then read it and saw the mileage went from =] to ='[. Was gnna take it off your hands.
greye39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #17
jakeyb

Guys - mileage is something that is relative. I decided having a rare car that was taken care of and maintained properly was more important than anything else. I may be biased, but I don't think you'll find something comparable for the same price.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
ramp

My Ride: 2007 Z4 coupe 56 MGA
Bmw

If you were closer I would consider this. Looks well cared for.
Connecticut is just a little too far.

GLWS
ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
uwantm3

My Ride: e46 M3
Very very nice! If you were closer to NJ I'd consider picking it up to match my tiag/red M
uwantm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #20
bachree

My Ride: 2002 e46
Send a message via Skype™ to bachree
still available?
bachree is offline   Reply With Quote