E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
letuz

My Ride: E46 M3 ZCP
Need help with DICE Silverline PRO installation

Hello

I tried to search function but to no avail.

I am attempting to install the DICE silverline pro into a 2006 E46 M3 with navigation.

I have everything wired up and have tried various configurations for the dip switch, but am having two recurring issues.

a. The text that displays on the screen does not include the track time, only the artist and song name- It also says something like SPEED DIAL along the top.

b. I cannot access a directory to scroll through albums/artists/etc.

c. When listening to the dice, i cannot revert to settings or the gps navigation screen- instead, as soon as I hit settings it flashes to the gps screen for a minute but then goes right back to the dice/cd changer screen.

Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated, this is proving to be quite frustrated! I ahve tried one ipod touch and an iphone 4. Same results on both.

I have attempted numerous dipswitch settings and am unsure how to proceed

Thanks,
letuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
letuz

sooo... any ideas?

right now i have the unit operating in simple mode (all switches down) but its a shame because I don't have any of the functionality I would have hoped for.

What i'd ideally like is to be able to see the text/control from the navigation screen as WELL as control from the ipod.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
letuz

Alright so, I've toyed around with the unit some more and here's where I'm at.

I have the first three dip switches set up, the one all the way to the one is down. The DICE unit successfully charges my ipod and also lets me use the ipod to select songs. Switching between the 6 different CDs does not seem to do anything. I can't access information through the NAV screen but the forward and reverse buttons successfully switch songs. Text for songs do not display. It seems as though all text is disabled. When i try to go to cd 6 and wait for text, nothing happens. I also cannot go to CD 5 and select the auxilary cable.

Any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated.