E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AK HI ID OR WA

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 05 645ci 07 335i cpe
WuWraps Custom Automotive Wraps is now a sponsor! WooHoo!

So since my account was banned for soliciting without sponsorship a couple months ago, I thought, what the hell, lets try out being a "sponsor" on this site. I think this is best for me to display my work locally and for you guys to grasp the idea/ quality of both carbon fiber fabric wraps & 3m di-noc carbon fiber viny wraps. I hope to show you guys what can be done and what cannot be done with these materials and also how well they hold up against the elements. You have probably seen pics, ready blogs, watched utube videos etc... but have not seen it in real life or have seen any follow up to the longevity of the materials. Well that is why i decided to be a sponsor for this site! I will post my work here, answer questions about how, what, where, etc... and offer any guidance i have on these products. In return I hope all of you will consider my services and speak respectably of it to your friends in the modding scene. Please feel free to call, PM, txt, or email me for quotes on what you have in mind.

Thanks!
Mark Wu

Last edited by wuwraps; 09-09-2010 at 05:59 PM. Reason: introduction to what i do
wuwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
reynaldo

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to reynaldo
What is your business If I may ask?
reynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #3
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

testing for my sig
Old 09-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

so lets start 1st with a project i just finished up about 2wks ago! This is my 07 335i coupe engine bay i wrapped a bunch of pieces in the 3m di-noc carbon fiber vinyl! This is the stuff you see guys wrapping there roofs, cars, mostly exterior pieces with. it came out great! What was used was a bunch of scraps of vinyl i had left over from a motorcycle i wrapped, 3m primer on all corners/edges/backs, heat gun, exacto knife and around 14hrs of work max.

my post from e90post.com:
update:

so i've been putting off doing this for some time but really curious on how well 3m di-noc does with high temp. well no better way to test it out then to wrap some stuff in the engine bay right?! so here we go! wrapped around 10 pieces in the engine bay in this stuff, will go drive around for a bit and keep you guys updated... wanna see if it's gonna peel up, my bet is it will in some places but not in all. hopefully it is very minimal and i can touch it up pretty easy.

so this job took like 14hrs or so, did it all with scraps left over from the bike job. i used the 3m primer on pretty much alll the edges, i wanted to get this stuff to stick as much as i could. yes i know the weave is not going the same direction on all the pieces, i just used what pieces i had left and started wrappin! what do you guys think?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

so that was 2wks ago, and now is the followup to it.

so here's the update you guys have been waiting for! so i drove the car around for about 1wk and you can see what happens to the 3m di-noc under lots of heat! so as you can see in the pics there is some lifting, bubbling peeling up in some areas. however you can see is the problem areas are only on edges/curves. notice all the flat surfaces are intact and bonding really well.

bubbles on front air duct area:

peeling on side of air ram:

light peeling on air box curve:

engine cover is pretty solid:

some bubbles n lifting on cabin filter cover:

angel eye covers look great:

side covers have light lifting but it's very hard to see so i left them be:

so there you have it, now for the touch up! I trimmed some pieces out that caused too much stress and also clipped small triangles out of any areas there was light lifting and pressed them back down. this should relieve the pressure around a bend or sharp corner. i did this on all sides of the air box cover, and most of the corners that were lifting on the air ram parts. for the bubbles on the cabin filter cover i made some long slits in the bubbles and released the pressure there too. this touch up time took about 1hr or so. the areas where i removed much of the vinyl i also wiped down with some testors airbrush thinner to get the glue residue off the plastic(this does NOT harm the plastics).

pics after the touch up:

Old 09-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

so these are the materials i work with most, i also work with vinyl such as matte black, matte white, matte whatever, gloss colors for roofs etc...
UPDATE ON THE COLORS! PLEASE NOTE MORE COLORS TO WORK WITH NOW!

Last edited by wuwraps; 09-29-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #7
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

This is a local E46 M3 that i wrapped in BLACK cf fabric. The ski rack air scoop thing was wrapped both sides in 3m di-noc cf vinyl. This color has been very popular, it is nice n dark during day and night does not look different in different lighting, well get to that, it gives off a nice sheen, no glare.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

This is a local Mercedes SL55 AMG that i did in BLACK cf fabric as well, you can see how the 2 pics were taken 1 with flash n 1 without. Also you can notice how well it conforms to the bulge n dips in the center console shifter area.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

Another local BMW E92 coupe done in BLACK cf fabric. Bad lighting on this one, you see some weird hazy lines on the dash piece which you cannot see in person. The owner n i both thought it looked great against the red interior!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

Another local BMW E92 done in BLACK cf fabric. This this was pretty much brand new! Fully loaded 2010 335i and we even did the steering wheel trim n shift knob, this looked great against the black headliner if you noticed that! You can see one pic with 2 center consoles, the 2nd one is in charcoal and you can see the difference in color. The charcoal color can look different depending on the lighting your in, when alot of light hits it it looks kinda brownish greenish very raw, and in low light conditions it looks dark dark gray, but not quite black... again forgot my camera, so these pics were from a phone.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

The most recent BMW i did in BLACK cf fabric went great with the color of the interior! This is a 2008 BMW M3 which was ordered without the optional $1500.00 factory wrapped carbon fiber woven leather. I don't think i would pay that much for it either... You will notice that the center console was NOT wrapped. Reason being is that BMW wrapped e92+ M3 cars center console in like a matte grayish/black leather... So in order to wrap it i would have had to tear the stock stuff off n then clean it n then wrap it... We both agreed that was too much work so we passed on it. However i think i'm gonna do the steering wheel trim too!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #12
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

So, now some cars done in another very popular color, CHARCOAL! Its pretty hard to get a good pic of CHARCOAL since it does change, so don't get confused looking at the pics. Yes it can look green, brown, grey, black, etc... just depends on the lighting, also take into consideration the flash on the camera is pretty bright.

1st is a 08 or 09 BMW E92, this car was pretty nice, was the 1st car i did after my car.

2nd car is a Mercedes SLK AMG done in CHARCOAL too. This was mailed to me from a guy in Florida, yes i do out of state work too!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

BMW Z4M in CHARCOAL, by far one of the hardest cars i've done to date! had to almost take apart the whole interior! not fun but the outcome is great! you can see in these pics that the material looks black, gray, and greenish, just depends on the lighting.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #14
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

Off to SILVER! this is my 1st project with the silver color and i gotta say i like it a lot! i think not many peeps are daring enough to go silver, it is very bright under the sun and nice n sparkly in the afternoon/ evening. These pieces are off a 05+ Chevy Cobalt 4dr.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

Now we have a color which i call MATTE BLACK but might be called something else officially from the guys that sell it. This is the color closest to the new M3, Z4M, X6M cars that have the "optional" carbon fiber woven leather wrapped panels. The only thing i wrapped was the steering wheel trim, you can see how close the color is. This color is in between the CHARCOAL & BLACK in a sense that it has no sheen to it at all. when light hits it you really see no glimmer or anything, it stays pretty much the same in all lighting, just matte. A very nice neutral color, but sometimes blends in too much with the stock leather/vinyl that you can't really see it...

Old 09-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #16
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

Here is some work i've done with the 3M DI-NOC cf vinyl product that you guys have all seen i assume.

Widebody Acrua NSX, owner didn't like how car was soooo white so we decided to darken it up a bit in the front, add some depth.

My friends Evo with some work done on it.

friends Acura TL

Honda CBR 600RR did all plastic pieces in 3M DI-NOC cf vinyl. This is by far the hardest thing i have ever wrapped! But turned out pretty nice!

Old 09-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #17
xNobleEaglex

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3 e46
Send a message via MSN to xNobleEaglex Send a message via Skype™ to xNobleEaglex
Everything looks great! I wish we were closer in location! If you're ever planning a trip down toward Atlanta for vacation or something, shoot me a PM.

'02 Topaz Blau ///M3 SMG; Augusta/Atlanta, GA
xNobleEaglex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #18
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

Lastly my car with cf wrapped interior in CHARCOAL, and exterior accents wrapped in 3M DI-NOC cf vinyl.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #19
wuwraps
Past Site Sponsor

xNobleEaglex: if there is anything small you wanna do like interior stuff you can always ship me the parts n i can ship them back. yah, i don't know anyone out there in the ATL, sorry man.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #20
xaviman

My Ride: Supercharged
great job!! looks amazing. Do you also sell the materials? im interested in buying some for my interior trim.

Screen shot 2014-01-25 at 12.36.33 PM by xaviman, on Flickr
Instagram: xaviman
xaviman is offline   Reply With Quote