E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #201
AngelsNeverLose

My Ride: 02' BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Sure, there is........recycling is very popular now.

I also don't think that they have to be millions of years ahead of us in development. Look at how far we have come since the end of WW2 65 years ago. Imagine where we will be and the lifestyle we will be living 65 years from now. They could be 50 years ahead of us in technology and may be able to reach us. Who knows for sure ?
I agree with this... and we have set ourself back many times if you think about it. If someone comes up with an idea that would take money from big compaines, its killed off it seems. Many times we can all see this happen. From simple ideas to help recycle, to medical cures...

Wars have also caused great technology to be lost, stolen, etc... look at when the scrolls of alexandria got lost/burned! They say losing the information in those scrolls (tons of history and important information/technology) set us back ~500 years technology wise... Thats a huge difference. Like the above said, just look at whats been developed in the last 50. Let alone what is classified and you dont know about!

I am sure we are not alone... But i dont know if i believe alot about what i read.
AngelsNeverLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #202
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Let's not forget the Dark Ages. I can't imagine where we would be if the church hadn't stifled any scientific thought.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #203
AngelsNeverLose

My Ride: 02' BMW 325ci
[QUOTE=cowmoo32;13050999]First one is absolutely a plastic bag. I could tell that before I even saw it in motion.

I would be VERY surprised to find out they are briefed on something like this. A president could be in office as short as 4 years, why risk something so important on someone who could leave, not give a sh!t, and let the whole world know?[/QUOTE]

It is said president Ronald Regan tried to get access to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and was denied. Thats the new Area 51 from what I have heard and where they brought all the rosewell, spacecraft highly top secrete ****. Just what i read, but obviously idk. I know they have alot **** ton of extra security there for what they say they are...

Pretty crazy... I know a military person had been shot there because the wondered into wrong areas also. Atleast based on articals which who knows if its real...

my .02

Last edited by AngelsNeverLose; 04-23-2011 at 04:58 PM.
AngelsNeverLose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #204
Fractal Seb

My Ride: spoon AP2
this is just unbelievable

Old 04-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #205
m1r

My Ride: 13 TL
Would you just look at that?! Just look at it!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #206
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Fractal you are the most gullible person i know.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #207
Fractal Seb

action starts about middle of the video in
Old 04-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #208
cowmoo32
drunken science

And yet I still don't see it. It looks like he was filming directly into the sun.

flickher

Old 04-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #209
Topramen20

My Ride: 2003 E46 330i
This is how i look at it. Take a look at our galaxy, within our galaxy lies billions of stars. Each of those stars can have planets orbiting them. This depends on what type of star, how big, or how small, etc... Now take a look at the whole universe, there are billions of galaxies each containing billions of stars. It would be foolish of anyone to think we are the only advance lifeforms in this universe. Personally, iv thought about this topic many times before and have discussed with many about it, and in conclusion, it would seem impossible for us to be alone. We humans could be an experiment. Think about it, we take animals from the wild and throw them in zoos (man made habits) and watch how they live. Couldn't aliens have thrown us on this planet and watch to see how we evolve?
Topramen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #210
Fractal Seb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
And yet I still don't see it. It looks like he was filming directly into the sun.
look closely starting in the middle of the video. it may be your contrast settings on your monitor but it could also be your vision haha. you can depict a faint image of a woman (mary), fading in and out, wearing her blue/white robe/dress. sounds weird but try lowering your head below or above your monitor to self-physically adjust the contrast in the video (if that makes any sense to you), and you sell see at least an outline of a woman

edit: yeah it depends on your monitor contrast and resolution. i cant see sh1t on my macbook lap top (can faintly see it if i adjust the screen all the way to the back tilt position) but when i look at the vid on my iMac, i can clearly see the image even in the bright sun

Last edited by Fractal Seb; 04-25-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Fractal Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #211
cowmoo32
drunken science

Literally every response on youtube has something to do with project bluebeam. Call me crazy, but I'm gonna go ahead and say this is fake. For you to believe that this is real means that you believe a virgin had a baby 2000 years ago

flickher

Last edited by cowmoo32; 04-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #212
Fractal Seb

hey i think it could be project blue beam, until someone proves to me that video was edited (there are other videos of it too) then i wouldnt rule out that our govt has some intentions to set up a world wide deception using top secret hologram technology/satellites
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #213
cowmoo32
drunken science

Just think about the technical aspect of something like project bluebeam. It would require the 3D projection of a hologram from a satellite orbiting the earth with no physical medium upon which to project the image, in broad daylight, surrounded by a blinding ball of light. I have yet to see a 3D hologram projected outside of an enclosed structure. So let's say they somehow got that part figured out. How do you supposed you can BEAM a BALL of light down to earth? Show me even the slightest bit of research that suggests light can not only be contained, but controlled and manipulated in an open air environment and I might consider the idea that something like bluebeam exists.

Where are the other videos? I'd like to see them.

flickher

Old 04-25-2011, 10:16 PM   #214
k2pilot

Developing even further on the absurdity of that point...

What significance will a hologram of some ancient fictional characters have on humanity? If it's a hologram, it can't actually physically interact with anything, so it will only work on the weak minded people who want to believe just on seeing. And if you're already that weak minded, then it probably wouldn't take a hologram beamed from space to persuade you anyways.

Fractal you're the only religious person i play halo with, and i will continue to make fun of you for it for as long as we play.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:51 AM   #215
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Check this out
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 AM   #216
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Developing even further on the absurdity of that point...

What significance will a hologram of some ancient fictional characters have on humanity? If it's a hologram, it can't actually physically interact with anything, so it will only work on the weak minded people who want to believe just on seeing. And if you're already that weak minded, then it probably wouldn't take a hologram beamed from space to persuade you anyways.
I didn't event think about that. Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Check this out
Your link is broken. And yes, I removed the period

flickher

Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #217
Fractal Seb

damn it darkoz! lol that vid is so fake. its videos like that that makes any video debunked

and k2 pilot, i know you despise how im religious but as long as were having fun on halo, i honestly dont care what you think about me lol. seriously man its too much fun playing that game with you to have to go at each others throat on our personal believes. which is why i take any criticism and teasing from you and sometimes laugh at myself for it (lol)

cowmoo, im not saying this is all defintly and for surely going to happen. i like intriguing and possible scenario subjects on this matter and enjoy philosophy just as much as the next guy. these threads in off topic is also why im posting, i think its good to socialize and criticize one another in whatever they believe. debating is fun for me and i just love having an open mind. im not condemning anyone, nor forcing anyone to believe anything. dont you believe in ufo/aleins cowmoo? (i thot you did but could be wrong) its just all about being open minded, and believing in ufo and aliens (whether they do or do not exist), while not having an open mind for the possibility that our govt is corrupt as hell (which it truly is) i would find that contradictory of that person. like i said, its just fun to entertain the idea of these possibilities. i wouldnt rule them out but im not a picketing nut job about it haha.

remember when everyone back in the day, spread word around town that hitler had intentions of taking over the world and rumors going around that camps were being set up? what did everyone respond with? "nooo, thats absurd, that'll never happen, and Hitler would not have such intentions." <----have always loved that presumption back in history. not saying at all history will definitely repeat itself, but hey, disbelievers are saying that same thing right now.

start this first vid @3:13 and itll explain to you the gist of it

these are two , in my opinion, really credible video's

Old 04-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #218
cowmoo32
drunken science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Seb View Post
damn it darkoz! lol that vid is so fake. its videos like that that makes any video debunked

cowmoo, im not saying this is all defintly and for surely going to happen. i like intriguing and possible scenario subjects on this matter and enjoy philosophy just as much as the next guy. these threads in off topic is also why im posting, i think its good to socialize and criticize one another in whatever they believe. debating is fun for me and i just love having an open mind. im not condemning anyone, nor forcing anyone to believe anything. dont you believe in ufo/aleins cowmoo? (i thot you did but could be wrong) its just all about being open minded, and believing in ufo and aliens (whether they do or do not exist), while not having an open mind for the possibility that our govt is corrupt as hell (which it truly is) i would find that contradictory of that person. like i said, its just fun to entertain the idea of these possibilities. i wouldnt rule them out but im not a picketing nut job about it haha.

remember when everyone back in the day, spread word around town that hitler had intentions of taking over the world and rumors going around that camps were being set up? what did everyone respond with? "nooo, thats absurd, that'll never happen, and Hitler would not have such intentions." <----have always loved that presumption back in history. not saying at all history will definitely repeat itself, but hey, disbelievers are saying that same thing right now.

start this first vid @3:13 and itll explain to you the gist of it

these are two , in my opinion, really credible video's

I think it's naive to look at the numbers and think that we're the only "intelligent" species out there. I like to think that we have been visited, but until I see some hardcore proof, I'm skeptical. I have a VERY open mind, but I'm also a realist. I don't take something at face value; I need to see the scientific proof behind it.

I'll be honest, that 3rd video is pretty strange. I suppose it's possible for a cloud formation to take that shape, but highly improbable as square angles don't show up in fluid dynamics very often, if ever. I watched the first few seconds of that first video starting at 3:13 and found the research paper they're referring to. As I thought, it requires all kinds of hardware to produce the effect they're discussing.

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.aler...ium-barium.pdf

And I'm not sure how that ties in to project Bluebeam as it's only discussing the possibility of recording and reconstructing a 3D hologram, something that has been technically possible for years now. I guess the big thing in that paper is that it's an immediate reconstruction...

flickher

Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #219
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
Fractal you are the most gullible person i know.
hahhaa

This dude cracks me up.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #220
k2pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
hahhaa

This dude cracks me up.
It's hilarious, he messaged me not long ago asking me about "chem trails".